Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Dawn Palka »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago My 70lb Pit bull is scared of fireflies so good luck with that one Stormy. :lol: :lol:
You mean a ferocious pit bull with the LOCKING JAWS OF DEATTHHHH......? ;)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Dawn Palka wrote: 4 years ago
Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago My 70lb Pit bull is scared of fireflies so good luck with that one Stormy. :lol: :lol:
You mean a ferocious pit bull with the LOCKING JAWS OF DEATTHHHH......? ;)
Yes, Dawn! He is a big scary baby! haha
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

In another "only happens to me" story, someone stole my big garbage can during the night. While leaving for work this morning at 6am I go to the end of the driveway and all my garbage(very full) had been dumped out and can was gone. I was running late so I didn't have time to stop and pick up the bags. I'm sure when I get home it will be ALL over my yard. Really looking forward to that...

P.S. WHO steals a freaking garbage can???? :roll:
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Well this sucks... broke my arm on Tuesday while trail riding, one of those things, we found a galloping lane and Patriot got a little too excited, bucked a couple of times and I came off. Broke it in 2 places, one in the Radius, pretty minor should heal just fine on it's own. The other not so much, shattered my elbow, had surgery today, they had to cut my Ulna to get to the elbow so I have 3 broken bones now. counted at least 16 screws, maybe more some are very close together so it's hard to tell, could be a couple more, a couple of plates and likely 1 more surgery at the very least to take out 1 of the screws. Worst part, no riding, no going to the barn until at least Tuesday. I miss my boy, my friend who was riding with me said he knew something was up and he was not ok, he's a very laid back, calm horse but he was restless and antsy, and I can't even go and tell him I'm ok :cry: :cry:
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Sorry to hear about your elbow...sounds so painful! I hope everything heals up ok.

-------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Jo, so sorry to hear about your riding accident and hope it heals quickly. I bet Patriot can't wait to see you and know that you are okay.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago Sorry to hear about your elbow...sounds so painful! I hope everything heals up ok.

-------
Stormy
Thankfully it's not hurting too badly, they did a nerve block after surgery that lasted until just a couple hours ago so it was completely numb till then and even now that I can feel it, it isn't bad, mostly just discomfort.
Lori Hamill wrote: 4 years ago Jo, so sorry to hear about your riding accident and hope it heals quickly. I bet Patriot can't wait to see you and know that you are okay.

Thanks Lori! My friend said he wasn't acting up too much today, he was still confused as to why she was catching and grooming him but he was more relaxed which is great, not good for him to be stressed out like he was. Hopefully Tuesday my doctor lets me go to at least see him, get him back to his old self. At this point I told everyone don't try to work him, just to groom and treat, get him to relax, seems to be helping him to adjust.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago Well this sucks... broke my arm on Tuesday while trail riding, one of those things, we found a galloping lane and Patriot got a little too excited, bucked a couple of times and I came off. Broke it in 2 places, one in the Radius, pretty minor should heal just fine on it's own. The other not so much, shattered my elbow, had surgery today, they had to cut my Ulna to get to the elbow so I have 3 broken bones now. counted at least 16 screws, maybe more some are very close together so it's hard to tell, could be a couple more, a couple of plates and likely 1 more surgery at the very least to take out 1 of the screws. Worst part, no riding, no going to the barn until at least Tuesday. I miss my boy, my friend who was riding with me said he knew something was up and he was not ok, he's a very laid back, calm horse but he was restless and antsy, and I can't even go and tell him I'm ok :cry: :cry:
Get well soon! The most important thing for later - physical therapy - and keep up the exercises after as well !
I'm just here for the fun of it
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Ditto what Carolyn said! It starts feeling good and you think you can pass a session or two, but don’t. It will pay off in the long run. Hopefully you can take Patriot a basket of carrots soon enough and he will forgive you. They do that, you know!
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Definitely, not the first time I've broken this arm, PT works wonders. Two more weeks in a splint so the incision and Radius fracture can heal then I'm going to get to know a Physical Therapist VERY well, will have a few months of that.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

The local news station has started running the Kars for Kids ad again. :x A more annoying ad does not exist and if you've never heard of the ad, then I'm sorry that your luck had to run out. It's a horribly sappy song that will get on your nerves quicker than a squalling baby in the grocery store. But....dashing to the radio to turn it off really does wonders for your reflexes. I already grind my teeth while I'm asleep--I don't need to start doing it during waking hours!
Hey President Trump and successors! You want to bring our enemies/threats into line? Play that horrid song!
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Things I shouldn't have to tell myself: caramel candy and dental crowns do.not.mix! :x At least I'll be able to see my dentist this afternoon. I'll have to get my caramel fix some other way. :(
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Just found out yesterday Ruby was career changed, she failed her medical exam, she has a mild case of Tricuspid Valve Dysplasia, a congenital heart defect, never heard of it till yesterday but guess it's common in Labs. Now it's a waiting game to see if she goes to another service dog organization or if I get her back as a pet
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago Just found out yesterday Ruby was career changed, she failed her medical exam, she has a mild case of Tricuspid Valve Dysplasia, a congenital heart defect, never heard of it till yesterday but guess it's common in Labs. Now it's a waiting game to see if she goes to another service dog organization or if I get her back as a pet
That is both exciting, and sad! 😔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

As I looked at my near empty 5 oz bottle of Tabasco this morning...I did some math in my head. I use up over a bottle a month. So I figured say, 6 ounces of it a month.

This means I consume a little over 2 Quarts of it a year.

Put that way, I'm like dang...that's a lot of Tabasco! It's a wonder my stomach lining is still there...lol.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000