Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Calia Mendez wrote: 3 years ago I just got my first ever jury duty summons this morning. Yay, adulthood?
Like winning the lottery!!?? Haha

I would be so emotionally conflicted! It would be cool, but also probably so boring, and if it was for something terrible I would be mentally destroyed 😅 TBH I’d probably never never make it passed he first round of selection questioning 😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Calia Mendez wrote: 3 years ago I just got my first ever jury duty summons this morning. Yay, adulthood?
I got my first a few years ago. I was in University and it was final exam week, so I had to submit a waiver and skip it.
I remember my mom watching me open the envelope and being like "Ooooh, you got Jury Duty! Hahaha!" :lol:
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 3 years ago
I got my first a few years ago. I was in University and it was final exam week, so I had to submit a waiver and skip it.
I remember my mom watching me open the envelope and being like "Ooooh, you got Jury Duty! Hahaha!" :lol:
Thankfully I have yet to receive a jury summons.
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

I am so tired of this Arkansas weather...65 and sunny on Monday, then snow and a high of 35 with a wind chill of 25 yesterday, and today a high of 44 and sunny. Bring on SPRING!!
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I should probably know this cause ya know been playing this game for over 10 RL years, but you know what I learned today? You can't EQ check during break. Well at least now I have a reason to procrastinate naming those yearlings even more :lol:
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Can someone tell me what's going on in my barn these days? Just saw the following message...

If you let the rider hit Jaleel White with the whip one more time, I quit!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I thought my golden retriever, AU, was being a racist. :shock:

He loves to watch the computer monitor when I'm watching YouTube or movies from Netflix or Prime.

On Prime, I started watching Shanghai Noon (Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson). I didn't get it finished until this morning...and AU happened to come over to my computer chair and rest his muzzle on the arm of it, and he started watching the movie with me.

But then he did something he only (usually) does with dogs on the monitor...he started his 'playful growl'...that can build into a bark most of the times. But he was only doing it when these Chinese Imperial warriors were being shown. I was like what the heck! Why you only growling at the Chinese !!! ?

I noticed, soon after, that he wasn't growling when Chan, Wilson, or Lucy Liu were on the screen ???

Then a cowboy wearing a hat had a full screen shot....(Wilson wasn't wearing his in earlier scenes) and AU started that growling again...and I realized...whew... not racist....he's suspicious of the hats! lol. Very few of the people I have around me wear hats, even baseball caps. The Chinese warriors in the show had these cloth/helmet looking hats and then of course the cowboy hat...it made them, I guess, in AU's opinion...look weird - not properly human. :lol:

I loved HaHa for all the funny stuff he use to do, he made me laugh so often. But AU has his unique moments when he makes me laugh too. I sometimes think this world would be a better place if everyone at one point in their life owned a golden retriever...lol They are a truly entertaining breed. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Our almost 22 month old, fell and fractured her both bones in arm near the wrist. Needless to say, a toddler in a hard splint is very interesting lol. Appointment with the pediatric orthopedic soon.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Ashley Hunt wrote: 3 years ago Our almost 22 month old, fell and fractured her both bones in arm near the wrist. Needless to say, a toddler in a hard splint is very interesting lol. Appointment with the pediatric orthopedic soon.
Oh my goodness, I can only imagine lol. Wishing her a speedy recovery!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

That had to have been scary, Ashley. I hope she heals up nicely...and she doesn't beat bruises into those around her with that hard splint. ;)

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Ashley Hunt wrote: 3 years ago Our almost 22 month old, fell and fractured her both bones in arm near the wrist. Needless to say, a toddler in a hard splint is very interesting lol. Appointment with the pediatric orthopedic soon.
Thank you! Lol you have no idea!
Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago That had to have been scary, Ashley. I hope she heals up nicely...and she doesn't beat bruises into those around her with that hard splint. ;)

Stormy
Yes it was! She has a lovely carpet burn on her nose as well :( Her siblings said that her nickname should be Rudolph :roll: :lol: I shut that down quickly...kids! They are going to be the death of me! 3 ER visits for 2 kids in the past 5 years. Thankfully the other 2 kids haven't had to go yet, and hopefully we can get back to no ER trips soon.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Ashley Hunt wrote: 3 years ago
Thank you! Lol you have no idea!
Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago That had to have been scary, Ashley. I hope she heals up nicely...and she doesn't beat bruises into those around her with that hard splint. ;)

Stormy
Yes it was! She has a lovely carpet burn on her nose as well :( Her siblings said that her nickname should be Rudolph :roll: :lol: I shut that down quickly...kids! They are going to be the death of me! 3 ER visits for 2 kids in the past 5 years. Thankfully the other 2 kids haven't had to go yet, and hopefully we can get back to no ER trips soon.
Omg I can’t even imagine having a 22mo in splints! 😳 Hopefully she heals quickly! And her siblings aren’t too unbearable 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
Omg I can’t even imagine having a 22mo in splints! 😳 Hopefully she heals quickly! And her siblings aren’t too unbearable 🤪
[/quote]

Thank you! She still thinks that she can climb like she did, so we are constantly following her around trying to keep her from falling on that arm and doing more damage. She has referral to an orthopedist, we are just waiting to hear from them for more x-rays, and a hard cast. I will be able to relax more once she has a hard cast on.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Scariest day on the SIM every year, opening up the racing barn and realizing your SIMperior expired :lol: Maybe one year I'll remember to renew it before it expires
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Jo Ferris wrote: 3 years ago Scariest day on the SIM every year, opening up the racing barn and realizing your SIMperior expired :lol: Maybe one year I'll remember to renew it before it expires
Every time there is a 1.5 GP day the first thing I do is make sure my SIMperior and Custom Barns are far enough out I don’t have to worry about it 🤣 right now I’m good until mid to late 2022 LOL
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program