Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Dave Trainer »

That is sad to hear Jo. I hope everything goes well today :)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Jo, I'm so sorry to hear that your pup is hurting. Maybe he just twisted wrong and pulled a muscle or something? Please keep us updated if and when you can. I'll be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

That's what I'm hoping for. Today she's back to about 90% herself, still a little off, but eating, happy to work and overall her happy go lucky self. She's not playing as much as she usually would and sits quicker that usual when she's standing. Called LD and they said she definitely should get checked out, but it can wait until Monday if she seems ok right now, which is great cause I don't have time to run down there this weekend.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Jo Ferris wrote: 5 years ago ............since if it is hip dysplasia she'll likily get career changed and while I'd likely get the option to adopt her as a pet (I doubt another agency would want her with hip dysplasia), it's obvious she loves working and would make a great service dog. I didn't realize it was that common even with both parents being cleared. Both of Raven's parents do not have hip dysplasia. Why must puppies make me worry so much
If surgery fixes the pain issues and the dog has pretty much full mobility once things heal up, why would that prevent a dog from being a service dog? (assuming it's not a big dog, meant to help steady someone who's a bit unsteady on their feet).

AU, is now to the point where he runs full blast across the yard, he leaps up into the air after butterflies, and he will also leap from the lawn to the porch landing, not even touching the stairs. He also drags heavy things around, I caught him trying to pull a pick up and pack off a heavy roll of garden hose the other day, I think he could have done it too, if he could have got a good grip on the hose.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

She'd be a guide dog, which requires a lot of walking. From what I know (she is my first puppy I'm raising so I haven't had any experience with this) they don't like to train and issue dogs with any health problems or defects that could possibly cause issues down the road. It also depends on what her options are if it turns out to be hip dysplaysia, if she is a candidate for surgery, and it's successful they might keep her in training. Again, I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

I have been in Colorado since last Friday and on Thursday I got an unexpected phone call from my mother-in-law, one of our neighbors and close friends stopped by and told her that one of my horses was hurt badly. I called my dad and had him head over to check on the horses and to let me know which one it was...then my mom called and said that she was leaving work to go help my dad and that it was bad. You guys it was my old faithful, retired barrel horse. The one that I could count on and trust to do anything that I asked her to do.

She somehow got into the fence and practically filleted the front of her right hind leg, muscles, tendons, everything completely to the bone.
The vet was very optimistic that he could save her, until I told him that she had arthritis in the opposite hip. We were worried about stress fractures and other issues that could cause to her uninjured leg. She would have to undergo many surgeries to fix her leg and have to wear a special shoe to help her to be able to walk properly again since it cut her flexor tendon.

On June 21, 2018 I made the hard decision of putting my best friend Ely Mae down. I miss her and to make matters worse I was too far away to say goodbye. RIP Ely Mae Do It April 1998 - June 2018

Last edited by Ashley Hunt 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Ashley Hunt wrote: 5 years ago "I have been in Colorado since last Friday and on Thursday I got an unexpected phone call from my mother-in-law, one of neighbors and close friends stopped by and told her that one of my horses was hurt badly. I called my dad and had him head over to check onon the horse and to let me know which one it was...then my mom called and said that she was leaving work to go help my dad and that it was bad. You guys it was my old faithful retired barrel horse. The one that I could count on and trust to do anything that I asked her to do.

She somehow got into the fence and practically filleted the front of her right hind leg, muscles, tendons, everything completely to the bone.
The vet was very optimistic that he could save her, until I told him that she had arthritis in the opposite hip. We were worried about stress fractures and other issues that could cause her uninjured leg. She would have to undergo many surgeries to fix her leg and have to wear a special shoe to help her to be able to walk properly again since it cut her flexor tendon.

On June 21, 2018 I made the hard decision of putting on best friend Ely Mae down. I miss her and to make matters worse I was too far away to say goodbye. RIP Ely Mae Do It April 1998 - June 2018"

I am so sorry for the loss of your old friend, Ashley. I do think you made the right decision, as hard as it was. Those old, dependable friends are difficult to say goodbye to.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Ashley Hunt wrote: 5 years ago I have been in Colorado since last Friday and on Thursday I got an unexpected phone call from my mother-in-law, one of neighbors and close friends stopped by and told her that one of my horses was hurt badly. I called my dad and had him head over to check onon the horse and to let me know which one it was...then my mom called and said that she was leaving work to go help my dad and that it was bad. You guys it was my old faithful retired barrel horse. The one that I could count on and trust to do anything that I asked her to do.

The vet was very optimistic that he could save her, until I told him that she had arthritis in the opposite hip. We were worried about stress fractures and other issues that could cause her uninjured leg. She would have to undergo many surgeries to fix her leg and have to wear a special shoe to help her to be able to walk properly again since it cut her flexor tendon.

On June 21, 2018 I made the hard decision of putting on best friend Ely Mae down. I miss her and to make matters worse I was too far away to say goodbye. RIP Ely Mae Do It April 1998 - June 2018
So sorry to hear Ashley, I'm deeply sorry for your loss :cry: It's terrible that it had to happen that way, but I know you made the best decision for your friend.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

So very sorry for your loss, Ashley. :(
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Wow I'm so sorry to hear about this Ashley. Its so tough to lose a pet. And to be away from home just makes it worse. Hugs to you!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

My condolences to you and those who loved your mare.
She was a very pretty.

-----------
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Thank you guys. She was one of the best I have ever owned. Yes it is hard that I wasn't there. She would always talk to me when I went outside. I'll miss that.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

It's 10pm and still HOT... 80 degrees outside at the moment. This is really hot weather for my part of Idaho, usually our summer time norm is around 75 for high in the day and it quickly cools into the mid 50s at night.

At least it's dry hot... I don't know how some people can deal with this kind of heat all summer...especially when the humidity is high too.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Stormy Peak wrote: 5 years ago It's 10pm and still HOT... 80 degrees outside at the moment. This is really hot weather for my part of Idaho, usually our summer time norm is around 75 for high in the day and it quickly cools into the mid 50s at night.

At least it's dry hot... I don't know how some people can deal with this kind of heat all summer...especially when the humidity is high too.

Stormy
Preach

I live in Michigan, and the summer heat waves have been killing me! I don't do the heat very well, always been a cold weather person and for the past 3(ish) weeks it's been 80's-90's with only a couple cooler days and almost no rain. I need to win the Lottery or something, move to the UP, though even there they've gotten into the high 80's
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I don't do heat well, either, it just sucks the energy right out of me. Also, when you're cold, you can keep layering...but when your hot... you can only take off so much clothing...before being arrested for indecent exposure. :o :shock: :P

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000