Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Jo Ferris »

Stormy Peak wrote: 5 years ago I don't do heat well, either, it just sucks the energy right out of me. Also, when you're cold, you can keep layering...but when your hot... you can only take off so much clothing...before being arrested for indecent exposure. :o :shock: :P

Stormy
I swear no one else I know gets that, like come on, if your cold add on another layer, but there is only so much you can legally do to cool off. I'll take the cold any day over this
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Jo Ferris wrote: 5 years ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 5 years ago I don't do heat well, either, it just sucks the energy right out of me. Also, when you're cold, you can keep layering...but when your hot... you can only take off so much clothing...before being arrested for indecent exposure. :o :shock: :P

Stormy
I swear no one else I know gets that, like come on, if your cold add on another layer, but there is only so much you can legally do to cool off. I'll take the cold any day over this
I always tell people you can only get so naked when hot! I have found my people haha Heat sucks!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I enjoy the heat but when it gets too humid I run into the air conditioning for a while.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Lost power at 8:20 last night when a bad storm blew through. Finally got an estimate when power will be restored - noon Monday. Hoping it is sooner than that, but there is a mess of tree in powerline that will need to be cleared first. At least it isn't miserably hot, so even without air conditioning, the house is only 74 degrees and I'm charging my stuff at Steel City Pops, land of tasty popsicles.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Hopefully going to start training this crazy thing in search and rescue in the next couple months. Now hopefully she doesn't act too Alaska-y, which is complete crazy running, barking, jumping on top of anything, chasing squirrels, ect...
(she was not happy I took a picture before throwing the ball)
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Those with horses might find the irony in this...

I stepped on a hoof...
and bruised my foot. :P

*it was a cow hoof...a dog chew... that AU left on the other side of a stuffed toy - I didn't see it when I stepped over toy. At least I didn't turn my ankle and break it, but the bottom of my foot still hurts and I did this Sunday late afternoon.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Bob Green
Turf Router

Post by Bob Green »

We've recently invited a double load of cuteness and mischief into our home. Meet Rosie (on the left) and Puff (on the right). This rarely used wicker doll chair has definitely been claimed as theirs. :) My parents had a stray female cat adopt their porch as her home, she had kittens this summer and there was no way the kids were going to pass up this opportunity to bring a couple home!

Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

They are so cute Bob :)
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

❤️ Them. They are so adorable! Two kittens are so much fun!
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

They definitely are adorable! I currently have a kitten overload here-two inside and two outside that I can't get trapped to get to the vet's.
I'm fostering for our Humane Society, so I hope they are adopted fairly soon!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

*using my best "Jaws" sheriff voice"
Bob...they are going to need a bigger chair.

I love that photo..they look so cute...and they fit into the chair so nicely... for now. lol. It will be fun to see them in a few more weeks trying to wedge theirselves into it. I'm sure they will put on quite the show over it.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

My really rich looking color of red 2007 PT Cruiser finally got it's nickname today... my dentist came up with the suggestion and I liked it.

It's now "The Red Baron" :D He'll be cruising the roads instead of the skies...and hopefully people will believe I'm dangerous and just get the heck out of my way. * makes driving much easier when the lanes are clear of traffic. :P *

My last car, my kind of magenta/fucsia color and was nicknamed "The Skittle" -- Back then that was a fairly new color for cars....some people called it a deep pinkish/red, others a purple-ish red.

My first trip in it, 23 years ago was to Boise and I had only owned the car for about a week at that point.
I was in Boise visiting my aunt, and her son came into the house with a friend - they built monster trucks and competed in monster truck events. Both were laughing their butts off.
My aunt said, 'What's so funny?"
Her son replied: "Someone dropped a Skittle in our driveway and I ran over it with the monster truck." So it was tagged 'The Skittle' from then on out.

And on another random thingE.

I took The Red Baron 15 miles out of town today to an Amish store. I bought some watermelon that is Really Yellow on the inside...tastes good, but it's a weird feeling to look at it and think it's not going to taste like watermelon just because of the color.

Also... I found some buckwheat pancake mix. I haven't had buckwheat pancakes since the late 1960s. My mom use to make them, and back then buckwheat was cheaper than white flour....but she grew up on buckwheat and was tired of it...so when dad started to make a little bit more money in finding good jobs as a lumberjack...she switched to white flour and never went back to making buckwheat pancakes again. By the time I moved out and started cooking for myself, I totally forgot about buckwheat pancakes.

So... tonight's dinner was a buckwheat pancake, with butter (not margarine), and Grade A medium amber Maple Syrup and a fried egg over medium. :D It was very good, brought back some nice childhood memories of mom cooking my siblings and me pancakes.

She use to dribble the batter into the pan and make designs...so we had horse shaped one, rabbit, dog, cat, giraffe, elephant, and a tree or two...lol. I kind of think she used the same pattern for the horse, dog, and cat...and just told us what they were and that's what we saw....lol

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

For those of you have been around for a long time you've all heard the story of my horse Patriot, for those who don't Patriot, born May of 2014 is out of my since sold Appy mare, Tess, who was bred without my permission or knowledge, needless to say, her "hay belly" suddenly turned out to be this beautiful black overo colt. I've held onto him since birth, when the decision came where I was forced to sell one I made the tough call to sell my mare. Tess was my first horse, I bought her as a mostly broke but still a little green 5 year old. I had never trained a horse from scratch until Patriot, and I have to say, I'm very proud of him and how he has turned out. I first started riding him very lightly about a year ago (I worked 50-60 hour weeks, plus full time in school until this year, now it's just work) I really didn't start working him until this summer. A friend took this video of us today, he's still green, needs to learn canter signals, neck reining and just needs some miles, but he's got the best movements. Very excited to start showing him with roping, barrel racing and endurance, hopefully he can help me get started in rodeo.
https://www.facebook.com/joe.ferris.73/ ... 181846370/
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

So, I was on YouTube and after the video clip was over, I got the screen that shows other video suggestions.

At first glance, I thought... that this was a woman with her really long hair brushed forwards and blocking part of her face... I didn't understand why she was smiling and holding a chick at the same time. :P It took me a good second to unsee that. lol.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

So many great studs pensioning this year, makes me sad! Itoko, Aerovelocity, Fez, and those are just the ones I’ve noticed in the news feed!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt