Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Jo Ferris wrote: 5 years ago For those of you have been around for a long time you've all heard the story of my horse Patriot, for those who don't Patriot, born May of 2014 is out of my since sold Appy mare, Tess, who was bred without my permission or knowledge, needless to say, her "hay belly" suddenly turned out to be this beautiful black overo colt. I've held onto him since birth, when the decision came where I was forced to sell one I made the tough call to sell my mare. Tess was my first horse, I bought her as a mostly broke but still a little green 5 year old. I had never trained a horse from scratch until Patriot, and I have to say, I'm very proud of him and how he has turned out. I first started riding him very lightly about a year ago (I worked 50-60 hour weeks, plus full time in school until this year, now it's just work) I really didn't start working him until this summer. A friend took this video of us today, he's still green, needs to learn canter signals, neck reining and just needs some miles, but he's got the best movements. Very excited to start showing him with roping, barrel racing and endurance, hopefully he can help me get started in rodeo.
https://www.facebook.com/joe.ferris.73/ ... 181846370/
Jo he's coming along nicely!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The SIM has seriously messed with my phone’s learned auto correct capitalization :lol:

Let’s just capitalize random words like Treat or Captain or Cheer etc. hahaha
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Its not to bad for me yet Rochelle but it happens and I get so confused for a bit and then go, "Oh riiiight, I play a horse racing game"
yeah
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

So, I'm swamped at work, working hours I haven't seen since my big law firm days, am hopelessly behind on gift shopping, and finally took an hour I didn't have last night to decorate the tree. I got a text thirty minutes ago from my husband that the tree fell over, ornaments are everywhere. He thinks only one is broken, but I'm so over the holidays right now, it isn't even funny. It's a 50/50 as to whether the tree gets redecorated, or I just box the ornaments back up and go with lights this year. Sigh.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 5 years ago So, I'm swamped at work, working hours I haven't seen since my big law firm days, am hopelessly behind on gift shopping, and finally took an hour I didn't have last night to decorate the tree. I got a text thirty minutes ago from my husband that the tree fell over, ornaments are everywhere. He thinks only one is broken, but I'm so over the holidays right now, it isn't even funny. It's a 50/50 as to whether the tree gets redecorated, or I just box the ornaments back up and go with lights this year. Sigh.
Clearly you have the poltergeist that I had last night. Worked my tail off baking cookies, and all of us were sitting on the couch when 2 dozen cookies went flying off the counter and onto the (pet hair'd) carpet. Completely gone. A few minutes later, my cook book (a binder with pages put in) went flying off a DIFFERENT counter and all the pages went everywhere!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I have zero Christmas decorations up. And honestly I have no desire to take all of it out of the attic. I'm an emergency dispatcher and work shift work. This year I worked Thanksgiving and will work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so I'm I'm fine with being the Scrooge this year.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

This will be the first year ever I haven’t decorated for Christmas. I even decorated when I was 8 days over due with my first kiddo! But this year, not feeling in the Christmas spirit. I’ll hang the stockings at some point, and the LEGO Christmas train is on the mantle, and there is a giant bow on the door. That’s all that will be happening this year so no judgments from me!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'm an atheist, but I still celebrate Christmas, as I believe a man named Jesus did exist and he taught a good message. (I just don't believe he was the son of a god) So, I do decorate a little tiny bit in my house. I usually don't have a Christmas tree, but I have some large Christmas themed snow globes that have music boxes in them, that I put out on my foyer table. I'll put some garland and Christmas tree bulbs on the table to help pretty it up a bit too. I have about six of those globes. It's not much, but it also doesn't take a lot of effort to bring them out and put them back again after New Years.

I also have a silly little display thing...a standing on his two back legs Rudolf... that dances, spins, and wiggles his butt to the sound track of KC and the Sunshine Band's "Shake Your Booty"....LOL A friend gave it to me one year back in the mid 1990s and when my nieces were young they loved pushing the button and watching him dance. It's funny the first 2 times...but it can get old really quick. After my nieces grew up, I didn't bring it out for years, but now I have a grand niece and nephew at the age to enjoy it, so it started coming out again about 4 Christmas's ago - I was amazed it still worked after all those years in storage...it just needed a couple of new batteries.
-----------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

I have a stocking holder over my mantle that is a glass rendeer that stays there 365 days out of the year. So . . . I'm done!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I live in an itty bitty town and we don't get all the food and drink choices as bigger places get. I walked into one of the small stores today and the owner was near where I went, and I could tell she was talking to someone who was on the other side of a display, but I couldn't see the person.

I walked up to the soda cooler looking for some Ginger Ale, but was surprised by something else I saw...so I said to her...
"Oh, you have Mexican Coke!"

She laughed and said yeah...and that's when the Sheriff poked his head around the edge of the soda cooler and looked at me laughing and said, "You know how that sounds when I don't know what you're looking at?"

LOL

I like the Mexican Coca Cola, as it's made with sugar and has a little harsher taste to it than the stuff they call Coca Cola now days here in the USA, it's made with fructose syrup here. I grew up drinking Coca Cola made with sugar and it is a different taste....not quite as smooth or as sweet in my opinion. I rarely drink sodas, so I like that Mexico has stayed with that old formula of Coca Cola that, to me, tastes the way I remember it.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

PSA: if you are going to wear your edgy all black short shorts and matching faux leather bustier grocery shopping (at Publix!) don't wear your control top panty hose underneath. Instead of the look you are probably going for it looks like you had to raid grandma's for black hosiery. Just an observation.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Stormy Peak wrote: 5 years ago I live in an itty bitty town and we don't get all the food and drink choices as bigger places get. I walked into one of the small stores today and the owner was near where I went, and I could tell she was talking to someone who was on the other side of a display, but I couldn't see the person.

I walked up to the soda cooler looking for some Ginger Ale, but was surprised by something else I saw...so I said to her...
"Oh, you have Mexican Coke!"

She laughed and said yeah...and that's when the Sheriff poked his head around the edge of the soda cooler and looked at me laughing and said, "You know how that sounds when I don't know what you're looking at?"

LOL

I like the Mexican Coca Cola, as it's made with sugar and has a little harsher taste to it than the stuff they call Coca Cola now days here in the USA, it's made with fructose syrup here. I grew up drinking Coca Cola made with sugar and it is a different taste....not quite as smooth or as sweet in my opinion. I rarely drink sodas, so I like that Mexico has stayed with that old formula of Coca Cola that, to me, tastes the way I remember it.

Stormy
I prefer the orginal Dr Pepper to the one that is sold in stores. It too is made with cane sugar. And Throwback Mt Dew is amazing too!
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 5 years ago PSA: if you are going to wear your edgy all black short shorts and matching faux leather bustier grocery shopping (at Publix!) don't wear your control top panty hose underneath. Instead of the look you are probably going for it looks like you had to raid grandma's for black hosiery. Just an observation.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 5 years ago PSA: if you are going to wear your edgy all black short shorts and matching faux leather bustier grocery shopping (at Publix!) don't wear your control top panty hose underneath. Instead of the look you are probably going for it looks like you had to raid grandma's for black hosiery. Just an observation.
Heyyyyy I needed those control tops! And didn't I look super cute? ;)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Louise Bayou wrote: 5 years ago
Heyyyyy I needed those control tops! And didn't I look super cute? ;)
Lou, you looked amazing. But the thigh highs might have been a better completion to your outfit.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000