Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Louise Bayou »

My fridge decided that once again it was not going to work properly. I've had a friend fix it for the last 2 1/2-3yrs and decided yesterday was the last straw. Learned a couple of things... HOLY cow they are expensive and Holy cow the supply is super low. And of course the cheaper models I liked were out of stock. So almost 3k later I have a new fridge being delivered Monday.

And the timing was amazing since I'm paying $1k to get my car from the shop Wednesday.... smh
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Fridge demand went through the roof this time last year. The theory that everyone was buying them to stock up food. I am sure supply has been effected by lack of labor force since then and troubles with either shipping things into the country and unloading them with depleted labor.

It’s like this everywhere and car parts are getting hard to get ahold of and prices for all shop supplies from gloves to oil is doubling. It’s crazy the aftermath of a global pandemic
;p
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

While we are complaining about things (also bought a fridge in the last week, couldn't get a cheaper model...), the price of lumber has nearly tripled here in 6 months. Greaaattt.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Right?!!! I’m so glad I built the kid’s saloon last summer 😬
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I'll join in the gripe circle.

Yesterday: beautifully sunny spring day, flowers blooming, birds all twitterpated, life is good
Today: several inches of soggy snow.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 3 years ago I'll join in the gripe circle.

Yesterday: beautifully sunny spring day, flowers blooming, birds all twitterpated, life is good
That happened to us a couple days ago!! But were back in double digits (Celsius) already so hopefully yours wont stick around long either!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
Shannon Hunt wrote: 3 years ago I'll join in the gripe circle.

That happened to us a couple days ago!! But were back in double digits (Celsius) already so hopefully yours wont stick around long either!
We do have highs of 8-11C over the next few days so I hope it's gone soon! Such a slushy mess to wade through right now lol
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

My son is in 8th grade. He (and my daughter) go to a small private school and has been in school with many of his classmates for 10 years so they are more like siblings than peers. He came home Monday stating he lost his pencil bag (school supplies all the supplies except a calculator at the beginning of the year). I texted my friend, who has a son in Jordan's class to see if her son would keep an eye out for the missing pouch. She said her son's pouch went missing about 3 weeks ago and still hasn't turned up. I emailed their homeroom teacher to see if she would look around for the missing pouches. Yesterday, Jordan got in the car and said a 3rd boy's stuff was missing. I posted in our FB group to see if anyone had seen the missing stuff and another boy is missing some of his stuff (calculator, ruler, etc) and a couple of girls said that there was a bunch of left behind stuff in different classrooms, but the girls hadn't said anything or turned the found items. There are two classes in the 8th grade and all of the missing stuff is in one class that has a total of 10 kids, 5 boys, 5 girls).

I ended up buying about $25 worth of stuff to kit out an other pencil pouch (calculator, compass, protractor, scissors, colored pencils, regular pencils, highlighters, pens, etc). I'm not happy, but whatever, it's necessary stuff. There is a history with one of the girls taking stuff from my friend's son, denying she has it but it turned up months later in her locker.

I can't decide if I'm really ticked because 4 families have had to spend money to replace items or if I'm impressed if indeed, this is a prank that went a little too far and no one has narc'd on their friend(s).
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I feel like I want to Marie Kondo my horses again 🤣

Yeet ponies who no longer spark joy. YEET.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Carike
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Tim Matthews wrote: 2 years agoCarike
👀
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

The closer it gets to June 1st and my going back to my office the more I hate life lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I know there is still like 2 weeks left, but I was breeding last night when I should have been sleeping, as one does, and I thought I should check on how many foals I’d bred already this year. I was dreading seeing the 150-200 I was expecting...I had less than 90 😱 I finished my DS/DR/TR and I’m sitting at 96. I should finish at about 120ish. I have 20 left to breed (accidentally saved my TM and TS for last...my least favourite stallion groups 😭), plus any leases I might pick up.

A couple years ago I managed to only breed 165ish, but usually I’ve been breeding about 200-250/y maxing out at almost 700 seven years ago 😅

My goal this year was to breed less, and I can’t believe I managed to pull it off! Slightly in shock actually lol
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I just realized that tomorrow is 16.5 and i have a panicky feeling like I forgot to do something before the year ends lol
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

OMGosh.... dumb dumb dumb dumb !!!!!!!!

I broke the right upper, furthest back molar a 3 weeks ago and exposed the nerve - at that point, I couldn't go to the dentist because I was very sick with a flue. I can't see my dentist until next week, now... because he's on vacation.

So during all this time, I've been careful...trying not to let hot or cold stuff touch it. And I've investigated several home remedies to deal with the pain. When I felt better, I was finally able to go to the store and get some tooth pain numbing stuff.

I have found these do work for massive tooth pain.

WORKS:
~Two parts warm water, 1 part isopropyl alcohol...swish around the bad tooth...spit, repeat one more time. It tastes nasty, and at first is super painful...but amazingly it kills the pain - I have 3oz dixie cups and used those, my bottle of alcohol is the 91 proof... I think it comes in 72 proof too.

~much nicer...use Real Vanilla extract. Alcohol is used when making it. Pour a little on a cotton swab, and put up against the tooth...much nicer tasting than the first one I listed. :P

~Also works...a whole clove..put one up against the tooth and give it a little time to numb it.

DOESN'T WORK...

Forgetting that you have an exposed tooth root because you numbed it with one of the above...or with an over the counter salve....then taking a nice big sip of hot liquid. Which is what I did about 20 minutes ago.

I thought I was going to die from the pain...got to a point where I think I wanted to die...lol...it's all kind of fuzzy at the moment. I also recall thinking I might be the first person in the history of the world to die from green tea.

All that numbing stuff works...until it doesn't.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000