Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'm a red head (again).

A few years ago, I dyed my hair for the first time and chose a red by Clarol called (#44) Paint The Town Red. I liked that color and stayed with it for about 9 months or so. Then decided to not dye my hair for a while...and my hair slowly went back to it's silver at the temples and mousy brown with a mix of silver.

I decided to again dye it, but this time the stores here didn't have the Clarol red I liked and I went with another red...and I'm not so sure I like it as much. It's brighter, and also in the right light looks a bit 'reddish purple'

It's by Garnier and is called 'Where's There Smoke'

Clarol: Image
Garnier: Image

Another thing between the products. The Clarol left my already silky feeling hair, feeling silky and I was easily able to comb it out after shampooing. But the Garnier has left my hair feeling like straw...and even after using a conditioner on it...it's almost impossible to comb out....it's just stiff and course feeling and not 'sliding' through the comb as I try to comb it out. I doubt I'll ever use that product again...and if I dye my hair again in the future, I'll have to just order the Clarol product on line.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

So I think I’ve got the coronavirus :?

My symptoms are very on and off but since Monday I’ve had a fever come and go, really bad muscle aches, mucus stuck at the back of my throat (which occasionally goes down and turns into a dry cough) and I’ve been feeling tons of fatigue (though I have a history of anaemia which I think has decided to flare up now lol, great timing). However, I’m still able to do most things I usually do and like I said the symptoms come and go so I have not been tested nor do I think I will be. It’s unclear where I could have possibly caught the virus and I’m able to treat the illness from home so I’m not a high risk patient which is fair enough. Another reason why I think it could be the coronavirus rather than a seasonal illness is because I got super sick back in November and came down with a small cold two weeks ago which I fully recovered from. My immune system is fairly strong so I think it’s unlikely I would catch two seasonal illnesses in a row.

Of course I’m self isolating at home and I’m treating it like I would treat a bad cold or mild flu, so far ok. Thankfully no one in my household is at high risk either so we’re all staying safe.

Why am I posting about it? I don’t know, but I guess this is the random crap thread so 🤷‍♀️
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago So I think I’ve got the coronavirus :?

My symptoms are very on and off but since Monday I’ve had a fever come and go, really bad muscle aches, mucus stuck at the back of my throat (which occasionally goes down and turns into a dry cough) and I’ve been feeling tons of fatigue (though I have a history of anaemia which I think has decided to flare up now lol, great timing). However, I’m still able to do most things I usually do and like I said the symptoms come and go so I have not been tested nor do I think I will be. It’s unclear where I could have possibly caught the virus and I’m able to treat the illness from home so I’m not a high risk patient which is fair enough. Another reason why I think it could be the coronavirus rather than a seasonal illness is because I got super sick back in November and came down with a small cold two weeks ago which I fully recovered from. My immune system is fairly strong so I think it’s unlikely I would catch two seasonal illnesses in a row.

Of course I’m self isolating at home and I’m treating it like I would treat a bad cold or mild flu, so far ok. Thankfully no one in my household is at high risk either so we’re all staying safe.

Why am I posting about it? I don’t know, but I guess this is the random crap thread so 🤷‍♀️
Stay safe Carole and if things get worse make sure you get checked out!
yeah
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Carole, what i am about to say you must take on trust.

Take a cold bath or shower for as long as you can take it ,after wrap up warm and take a hot drink.

I promise you it will kick start your body to defend its self

Regards Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago So I think I’ve got the coronavirus :?

Are you having a hard time breathing? Severe shortness of breath is the main difference between coronavirus and other similar illnesses. Please stay safe and if you feel worse go to your doctor.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thanks all, the only time when breathing is a bit iffy is when the mucus is blocking my airways but it’s fairly easy to clear and my nose isn’t blocked so it’s not all that bad so far. Definitely monitoring it though, I also recommend watching the Kurzgesagt video on the Coronavirus on YouTube (https://youtu.be/BtN-goy9VOY), very informative and really helps to understand what the virus actually does.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Stay safe Carole. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Covid-19 or not.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thanks Nini!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I hope you have a good support system to supply you with groceries or medicines or anything you may need. Take care of yourself and get well Carole, we’re thinking of you.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thanks Nick, thankfully I have lots of family around to get me stuff so I've been able to mostly stay in bed. Thanks to that I've gotten a LOT better since yesterday and I don't think it'll be long before I'll be back to normal. Can't begin to imagine how awful this illness could be for someone who is at high risk.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Glad you are feeling better!

With the Dubai World Cup now cancelled, that race/festival has a distinctly International (Black Stallion and Satan) vibe to it, since most, if not all, of the horses are already on the grounds.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Been working Patriot bridleless with just a neck rope the last few days, he's awesome! Only a few times he's tried to pull a fast one on me (by 'fast one' believe me, it's not speed :lol: the brakes are always working perfectly, it's pulling/drifting to the food or another horse/person), but easy(ish) to correct and doesn't try it again. Rode him bridleless for the first time with other people and another horse in the arena for the first time yesterday and he was perfect, w/t/c. So proud of my boy! Nice way to work on obedience and our communication while Michigan is being Michigan and the ground is being froze every night and also I'd imagine we'll have shelter in place orders soon enough, honestly kinda surprised we haven't already. Literally has no effect on me other than going trail riding
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I think the lady watching/caring for my my neighbor's house is a bit nosy...and misinformed.

My neighbor on the south side of my property, put her home up for sale, and moved into town with her boyfriend of 15 years. I believe she hired a property manager or a friend to go in and check her house, dust it, and make sure the heat is working and the well pump too. However, the woman likes to smoke on the back porch, that faces my property and in a loud voice so I can hear her from that distance (which is about 100 feet) say things to me.

The first time was like a week or so ago. I was cleaning my counter top oven's drip tray as I had baked some fish on foil the night before and some of the juices ran off the foil and onto the tray. I sprayed the tray down with Easy Off, got a lung full of the stinking stuff and hurried to my back porch trying to cough my lungs clean and suck in some pure outdoor air.

I heard a yell...and turned and asked "What?"
And the lady standing on the porch smoking, said. "Have you been tested? Are you sick!?"
I told her I wasn't sick...just breathed in some Easy Off fumes.

I don't know about some here, but even during these times, I would ask someone if they were ok, if I heard them coughing that hard...then ask if they were sick...(while slowly stepping farther away...lol). My first question wouldn't be 'have you been tested'....as people cough for many reasons....including...smokers hack....which that lady probably has, if I would to place a bet on it.

Anyway...just a few minutes ago. I was outside watching my dogs, and she's out on that porch smoking. AU had gone right out and done his business and shortly after Jaya finished and came up to the bottom of the steps wanting in. I let her in, and waited to see if AU was going to come in on his own. But he was just on the other side of the yard, looking to the northwest where a cat was walking across the Dept. of Transportation's gravel yard and making little oooff ooff growly barks.
So I said...
"Come on bugaboo, get in here'

The lady on the porch...hollars at me. "That's Racist!" I told her it was not racist...that it's a word meaning something that's not important having a big deal made of it....or something that's a bit annoying.
She just smashed out her cigarette on the porch's railing and went inside.
?Maybe she got the irony of it? :twisted:
I doubt it though...she probably just thought I was defending my 'racist' remark.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Do you need a license to hunt scavengers?
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago Do you need a license to hunt scavengers?
I don't think so. It's Open Season. Bag all the scavengers you can get. ;)
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED