Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by The Steward »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 2 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 2 years ago Anyone else super sad that the biggest rivals in the 10 years I've been playing haven't had a baby together?

We had a baby five months ago... /Polk and Flizan

oh, you meant rival horses... :)
ACTUAL LOL
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 2 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 2 years ago Anyone else super sad that the biggest rivals in the 10 years I've been playing haven't had a baby together?

We had a baby five months ago... /Polk and Flizan

oh, you meant rival horses... :)
😍 best! Hahaha
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

When you breed one of your best mares who happens to be 16 and she lives :D Meanwhile here I am thinking "oh it's going to be her last foal" so I keep sending her to the same stud cause it works so I'm probably going to wind up with a dozen full siblings :lol: My record is 5 full siblings, but I didn't own all of them so really I have several mares tied with 4 as a record for full siblings I've bred and now add Son of a Paint x Kissin' Frogs to that list
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I feel like I haven’t gotten a headshot in a while and I have the itch haha I checked…it’s only been a month 😅

I’m so ready for festivus, who will get a headshot? 🤔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Jo Ferris wrote: 2 years ago Everyone says horses are a bankruptcy starter kit... Not Patriot lately, Patriot is the complete bankruptcy kit, comes fully assembled with batteries included. I'm so sick of seeing my vet :lol: yet another visit from her next week, this'll be the 3rd time since mid August for him, please stop Riot, I am broke, you have succeeded. All my pets have ganged up on me this year, between my 5 dogs and Patriot I've seen my vets SIXTEEN times this year, 10 times since June, this is not counting Patriot's 5 chiro visits this year or phone consults cause it's ridiculous, my phone history at one point was just a wall of nothing but calls to and from my vet. That's just uncalled for, I'm begging them all to stop.

Rant about my 4 legged kiddos over
And after inconclusive lyme results I now have my 17th vet appointment of the year booked, yay me (FML) :lol:
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Not sure if this article requires a subscription - but is awesome: https://www.medscape.com/slideshow/hors ... iatrics#10

it's about a prior dressage horse in Calais that visits people on hospice- brought tears to my eyes.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

My 8yr old niece spent the night and LOVES You Tube. So we have spent the night watching You Tube shows she likes. And I just have to say I've lost most of my brain cells.lol They are so stupid and I find it super creepy that there are 40 year olds running around making these videos.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 2 years ago Not sure if this article requires a subscription - but is awesome: https://www.medscape.com/slideshow/hors ... iatrics#10

it's about a prior dressage horse in Calais that visits people on hospice- brought tears to my eyes.
It came through fine Carolyn. Thank you for sharing that amazing story.

Louise…I’m amazed that there are teenage millionaires doing it on twitter.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

So I have covid and completely lost my voice 2 days ago when my symptoms started and I tested positive. Well today here I am on a virtual urgent care visit to get some goodies to help with my symptoms, this poor doctor had to decipher my barely a whisper voice to actually like figure out what I needed. Bless her heart

In other news, my labs LOVE me being in covid jail 🤣
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ok, I have weird thoughts sometimes...this morning was one of them.

Back when I was like 17 or 19 years old, I was getting into being a little more health conscience. I stopped cooking my morning egg in Crisco and switched to olive oil, and when my egg came out of the pan I put it on a paper towel and dabbed off any excess oil...it's surprising how much can collect in the hollows of the white.

So, I doing this, this morning, looking at one divot in the egg white where some oil collected and got to wondering if me doing this for 35+ years was really worth it in the long run. So I did some math. :P

Again, I eat an egg almost every morning, with real butter, spread thin, on a piece of toast and a cup of coffee.

I think it was safe to say I was removing at least 2 teaspoon of oil a month off of 30 to 31 eggs. (I used 30 in the math).

What I came up with for oil that I didn't ingest over the years:

2 teaspoon per month for 1 year is 24 teaspoons
24 teaspoon x 35 years = 840 teaspoons which equals 17.5 cups.
17.5 cups = *drum roll*

****1 gallon + 1 1/2 cup****

Ok...that's my random weird observation about my life's accomplishments ...lol

Stormy

EDIT TO ADD: In terms of potential weight gain over that time span:
1 gallon + 1 1/2 cup = 33,425 calories = approx. 9.55 pounds
(there are 3,500 calories in a pound)
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Admittedly I haven’t looked at the SIM exchange for many game years, but what in tarnation?! Exchange rate of 24.0 to use $SIM to buy GP?! It used to be 10.0 was normal. My goodness! There isn’t even a GP auction happening.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 1 year ago Admittedly I haven’t looked at the SIM exchange for many game years, but what in tarnation?! Exchange rate of 24.0 to use $SIM to buy GP?! It used to be 10.0 was normal. My goodness! There isn’t even a GP auction happening.
It’s been like that for a year or two now, it’s really hard to find a decent deal, I check it daily since I rely on the exchange for GPs. My guess is the increase is due to the economy since covid.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I guess this does belong in the random crap thread.

???
How is it that 1 itty bitty kitty, can crap in the litter box and at the other end of the house, in the living room - you realize you might need a hazmat suit to survive the smell ?

My 3 legged kitty, Thump...does not cover up her poo! I think she has balancing issues on the 'giving' litter. And also too, she did have her leg removed when she was a 1/2 grown kitten, so it probably hurt her a lot to get into a litter box and she probably just wanted to get out and lay back down again...so she never learned or couldn't physically keep her balance while covering it.

Something to think about if you ever adopt a 3 legged cat. :P

Yeah... I'm a part of a species who's mastered the world, has high tech, has gone to the moon....and I'm finding myself daily, covering up absolutely atrocious smelling cat poop in the litter box.

She does eat dry cat food by the way, and Song has never really stunk like that. I did have a cat called Kayla that did, but at least she covered it up and the smell was swiftly gone.

And, I must say, that I am happy that my two dogs, don't look at the cat litter box as some kind of candy store.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

There is something so satisfying, about working at an addictions rehab facility and seeing people go through your program and return to get hired on. It made my week and I had a happy cry about it. It's one thing to work through addiction yourself and then come to work everyday, but having your own success story patient -> employee under my wing now is amazing.
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I love YouTube while traveling - there are a bunch of terrible movies people have self-written/produced, but also things like The Fifth Element (under a different name), several Transporter type movies with Jason Stratham - and lots and lots of stand-up comedy
I'm just here for the fun of it