Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Jo Ferris »

Ulg.... this freaking arm....

Take it from me, if you ever break a bone don't break a joint, it's terrible

Surgery #3 for this injury next week, probably not the last

Got a preop CT and comparing to the one I had 4 months ago all I can say is seriously, don't break a joint!! And if you do make it one that can be replaced! "Only" been 7 months since I broke the thing and it's got quite a few issues, like since the last CT in September I've now got advanced arthritis, erosive type changes, bone spurs ect... None of those were in the Sept. CT.

That being said, do you know how strange it is to actually have a scheduled, non-emergent/urgent surgery?? It's so strange!! 5 previous surgeries, not a single one has been scheduled more than a day or two in advance, one of them went into the ER around 2am, got diagnosed, surgery needed, walked out of the hospital post op at 3pm, same day. Now this one I scheduled a full 8 days in advance, it's weird. Totally not my style
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'll sometimes buy a tuna salad snack. In the box is a very tiny plastic spoon, about 5 round crackers in a foil type wrapper, and a small tin of tuna salad. I opened one today and it contained 2 packages of crackers...lol

My first thought was, maybe I should go right out and buy a lotto ticket....then I thought...nope...probably should have done that the lucky day I bought the package last week. :P

Stormy ;)
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Jo, I hope the surgery goes well and your elbow heals.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

A change of fortune:

I’ve been wallowing about not knowing what to do with my music degree that wasn’t getting me anywhere. No playing jobs to be found, applications getting rejected at the first hurdle, losing motivation to play the violin. I really though that it’s time to give it up and start looking for a new career.

But then I realised, I can’t just wait for the opportunities to come to me, I have to go find them. So I joined a diary service for musicians. It’s like an agency, they get contacted by orchestras who need players for certain rehearsal periods or in an emergency (e.g. a sick member of the orchestra) etc., and then they contact their clients to see who’s available for those specific dates.

I got a call from the director of the agency last night in which he encouraged me to get more orchestral experience before I joined the agency as the fees I would be paying them would be somewhat wasted. Not many orchestras if any would pick me for work. But, he gave me excellent advise on who to approach directly and seek consultation lessons with and even just ask for advice, after all it’s who you know and not what you know. Then at the end of the call he actually received an email about a violin player needed urgently in Jersey (the English Channel Island one) for a rehearsal today and a concert tomorrow. He put my details forward to the gent in charge of the orchestra and 12 hours later, here I am sat at Gatwick Airport, waiting for my flight to Jersey on my way to my first professional orchestra gig!

I really didn’t think being a musician would make me extremely happy or fulfilled, but as I’m sat here writing this, I have tears of joy welling up in my eyes. Finally I’m getting started, finally after 6 months of nothing I get to play in an orchestra again!

Best thing is, I get paid for the concert (not a LOT but I really care more about the opportunity), and they covered my flights and accommodation!

I can’t wait to take all the wonderful advice I was given and put it to use, time to be proactive, no more waiting for things to come to me!

Good things come to those who pursue them! :)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Congrats! I hope you enjoy every second and more and more work becomes available.
Getting paid to do something you love doing has to be a wonderful way to go through life : D

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

It's my 13th Sim- anniversary today!
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 4 years ago It's my 13th Sim- anniversary today!
*high fives* mine is in June. Here’s to another 13 years
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago A change of fortune:

I’ve been wallowing about not knowing what to do with my music degree that wasn’t getting me anywhere. No playing jobs to be found, applications getting rejected at the first hurdle, losing motivation to play the violin. I really though that it’s time to give it up and start looking for a new career.

But then I realised, I can’t just wait for the opportunities to come to me, I have to go find them. So I joined a diary service for musicians. It’s like an agency, they get contacted by orchestras who need players for certain rehearsal periods or in an emergency (e.g. a sick member of the orchestra) etc., and then they contact their clients to see who’s available for those specific dates.

I got a call from the director of the agency last night in which he encouraged me to get more orchestral experience before I joined the agency as the fees I would be paying them would be somewhat wasted. Not many orchestras if any would pick me for work. But, he gave me excellent advise on who to approach directly and seek consultation lessons with and even just ask for advice, after all it’s who you know and not what you know. Then at the end of the call he actually received an email about a violin player needed urgently in Jersey (the English Channel Island one) for a rehearsal today and a concert tomorrow. He put my details forward to the gent in charge of the orchestra and 12 hours later, here I am sat at Gatwick Airport, waiting for my flight to Jersey on my way to my first professional orchestra gig!

I really didn’t think being a musician would make me extremely happy or fulfilled, but as I’m sat here writing this, I have tears of joy welling up in my eyes. Finally I’m getting started, finally after 6 months of nothing I get to play in an orchestra again!

Best thing is, I get paid for the concert (not a LOT but I really care more about the opportunity), and they covered my flights and accommodation!

I can’t wait to take all the wonderful advice I was given and put it to use, time to be proactive, no more waiting for things to come to me!

Congrats! Reading this made me so happy for you! Hope it is the start of good things to come!
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

The world is your oyster Carole.

They say a pearl is made up of grit.

Somthing tells me you will become a pearl .

Regards Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Post by Bertie Bassett »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago A change of fortune:

Congratulations Carole,
Never give up. A musicians life is not an easy one to break into but once you do you will love it. I have never played in an Orchestra, but have played guitar in many bands over the past 40 plus years and have been fortunate enough to make a little money from it as well. Seeing people enjoying the music you are playing is a great feeling. I wish you all the best with your music.

Bertie
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thank you all for the very sweet messages! :)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I've been waiting a long time to tell someone who understands. I am not a horse person, never had much to do with them in the real life but I have ridden a Rolex horse a time or two.
;p
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

My friends bought my dog (pit bull rescue) a tiger outfit since I'm a huge LSU fan.. He.Is.Adorable!

“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

As a Husker fan, I consider that animal cruelty!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago As a Husker fan, I consider that animal cruelty!
Geaux Tigers! ;)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder