Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Jo Ferris »

Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago Just found out yesterday Ruby was career changed, she failed her medical exam, she has a mild case of Tricuspid Valve Dysplasia, a congenital heart defect, never heard of it till yesterday but guess it's common in Labs. Now it's a waiting game to see if she goes to another service dog organization or if I get her back as a pet
Update: Ruby's coming home!!!! Just waiting for the vets ok to go pick her up, her spay incision is bothering her so they're keeping an eye on her. So excited to add her to my pack!!! Alaska, my pit mix, will love having a forever play buddy, my old dog just ignores her, Ruby's a good in between, will play and chase Alaska, but has an off button for cuddles.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago
Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago Just found out yesterday Ruby was career changed, she failed her medical exam, she has a mild case of Tricuspid Valve Dysplasia, a congenital heart defect, never heard of it till yesterday but guess it's common in Labs. Now it's a waiting game to see if she goes to another service dog organization or if I get her back as a pet
Update: Ruby's coming home!!!! Just waiting for the vets ok to go pick her up, her spay incision is bothering her so they're keeping an eye on her. So excited to add her to my pack!!! Alaska, my pit mix, will love having a forever play buddy, my old dog just ignores her, Ruby's a good in between, will play and chase Alaska, but has an off button for cuddles.
YAY!!!! ❤️❤️❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'm sorry to hear that Ruby wasn't able to have a career as a service dog, as someone in need may now have to wait a while longer to gain a bit more independence in their daily life that a service dog can give them.

But, given that's how things turned out, I am glad she's able to go back to a place and a person she knows and some canine companions too. Hopefully her medical issue is such that it won't interfere too much with her life as a non-working dog.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago I'm sorry to hear that Ruby wasn't able to have a career as a service dog, as someone in need may now have to wait a while longer to gain a bit more independence in their daily life that a service dog can give them.

But, given that's how things turned out, I am glad she's able to go back to a place and a person she knows and some canine companions too. Hopefully her medical issue is such that it won't interfere too much with her life as a non-working dog.

Stormy
Hopefully not, I still don't know a lot about TVD, I'm sure the vet will give me some info on it when I pick her up. They did say it's a mild case of TVD. I know it can affect blood flow to the body since the valve doesn't close as it should, so the exercise she'd get as a working dog could cause problems and throw her off her game which could be dangerous. My plan is to get her certified as a therapy dog, she's so calm and sweet I think she'd be great at it.
Last edited by Jo Ferris 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I need the geld button taken off me for a month. I’m going to geld every colt I currently have racing *twitch*

Or just give me a “punch this horse in it’s stupid face” button
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago
Or just give me a “punch this horse in it’s stupid face” button
Hey don't look at me I've been campaigning for a "Punch a Wow" since wow was the top comment!

Your move Stewie! ;) :P
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I'd say Career Changed life is suiting her well. Got to bring Ruby home yesterday evening, she took about 5 seconds to grab a porkhide chew and jump on the bed, neither of which she'd be allowed to have/do while was was in training. Spent a little too much ordering her some toys for her, I don't have many of the soft toys since they never last with my pit mix, my old dog only plays with one of them for about 30 seconds a day and aren't allowed for the trainer puppies, but Ruby LOVES them so I gotta spoil my girl.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

She does look happy : )

Your comment about her jumping up on the bed made me smile...dogs seem to know instinctively that there's more comfort on a bed or sofa than on the floor with a doggy bed...lol.

My dog Jaya -- she had spent the first 5 years of her life, outside, no shelter, tied up most of the time, and when she did get loose, her owner would chase her down with either a chain or a length of 2 x 4 lumber and then beat her when he caught her. She hadn't been taught to come to him and only learned that getting caught meant pain. I describe her as feral, even though, technically she never was a true wild dog, but she has the fear of humans that any true feral would have. She was abandoned in the back yard when her owner moved, and she escaped him and he couldn't catch her or just didn't bother too. Three days later, once outside the state of Idaho, he at least called Boise animal control and told them to go get her...and the only neighbors he had, filled in her history to the animal control officers and later to the rescue org who wanted more history on her.

When I adopted her, I set up her up in my 'horse racing room' where I kept my bookshelves of horse racing books and had photos and artwork of thoroughbreds on the wall. There's a love seat in there. I was so surprised at how fast it took Jaya to realize that she could jump up on that and lay down...and it has to be the softest surface she had ever encountered. The rescue org that saved her from the kill shelter, had her in a room with a nice doggy mattress on a vinyl floor...and she was with them for 3 months before I found her and passed all their inquiries about being the right person to try to handle a feral.

That love seat is now "Jaya's love seat" -- like I said, in spite of never having anything other than the ground and later a floor with a doggy bed to lay on, she figured out on her own that the love seat was more comfortable than the carpet with a doggy mattress on it. She sleeps on the doggy bed sometimes too, but that love seat is her spot and no one had to teach her to jump up there. : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

The county has just renovated the intersection at my corner and it includes a bright streetlight that's on all night long. This light illuminates my whole front yard and thus my bedroom even with the blinds closed. I know it's for pedestrian safety--there's been at least two people hit and one fatality at my corner in the past--but having the $%^&*$&# on all night? Haven't these people ever heard of a motion detector? :x Probably not. :roll:
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Dawn Palka wrote: 4 years ago The county has just renovated the intersection at my corner and it includes a bright streetlight that's on all night long. This light illuminates my whole front yard and thus my bedroom even with the blinds closed. I know it's for pedestrian safety--there's been at least two people hit and one fatality at my corner in the past--but having the $%^&*$&# on all night? Haven't these people ever heard of a motion detector? :x Probably not. :roll:
Get black out curtains. As someone who worked nights for years I swear by them.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Oh I did!
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Let's see a show of hands: how many of you hate, despise, abhor, loathe and otherwise dislike phony made up radio names? I get that on-air personalities may not want to go by their real names, but "Jay Walker" for a traffic reporter? :roll: Give me a break.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Dawn Palka wrote: 4 years ago Let's see a show of hands: how many of you hate, despise, abhor, loathe and otherwise dislike phony made up radio names? I get that on-air personalities may not want to go by their real names, but "Jay Walker" for a traffic reporter? :roll: Give me a break.
Could of been worse.. they could have hired a woman for the job... hmmmm....
Maybe their ratings would be higher if they had a Street Walker on traffic duty. ? :twisted:

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I just rode my first endurance ride, it was a clinic, 15 mile introductory ride. Given the fact both me and Patriot are out of shape I was thinking we'll ride a couple miles then turn back. Nope, we did all 15 miles!! I'm not even supposed to be riding yet, I signed up for the clinic before I broke my arm and I'm still not cleared, whoops... When we started and everyone spread out a bit Patriot and I were on our own for a few miles, then finally the drag riders caught up and I rode with them, they taught me so much. We finished with a few minutes to spare, it wasn't really timed since it was a clinic not a race, just timed by us riders, but we would've finished on time if it was, barely, but hey, to finish is to win and we both finished safe and sound. Patriot vetted out with all A's!!! Not bad for a horse that wasn't really in shape for that ride, plus being 5 years old and this being our first ride. He'll be a bit sore tomorrow (as will I, with a few blisters), but he was still feeling great when we finished, I was prepared to turn back if he didn't feel like he could do it.

I am HOOKED! Definitely the sport for me!
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k