Official Random Crap Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Official Random Crap Thread

Post by Gwayne's World »

You're doing yourself a great injustice, if you've never tried Cracker Barrel's macaroni & cheese.

The seasoning and breadcrumbs are what set it apart.
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I bought myself an Instant Pot. After several freak outs (and text to Izzy!) about blowing myself up I made a bacon stuffed porkloin with carrots and potatoes and it was awesome!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Louise Bayou wrote: 3 years ago I bought myself an Instant Pot. After several freak outs (and text to Izzy!) about blowing myself up I made a bacon stuffed porkloin with carrots and potatoes and it was awesome!
That sounds incredible! The only things I’ve cooked in mine (other than eggs) have turned out so bad...but I’m pretty sure it was user error 😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Girl throw a pork loin or pot roast in that sucker! I made a pork loin yesterday, 25 minutes in the pressurized cooking, and 15 minutes in natural release. I sear mine before I put it in. A whike back I cooked frozen chicken breast in it (30 minutes I believe) and they were done! Look for an instapot facebook group (if you have fb), there are all kinds of recipes kn there!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

writing SIM articles 🤪

KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Insomnia. Got out of bed at 4 am to look at the Asia simrace results that I thought ran at 2 am. Aargh - - - they arent run until 5 am :roll:
Life is so cruel.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Pepper Carol wrote: 3 years ago Insomnia. Got out of bed at 4 am to look at the Asia simrace results that I thought ran at 2 am. Aargh - - - they arent run until 5 am :roll:
Life is so cruel.
I don't wish insomnia on anyone. It is brutal.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Pepper Carol wrote: 3 years ago Insomnia. Got out of bed at 4 am to look at the Asia simrace results that I thought ran at 2 am. Aargh - - - they arent run until 5 am :roll: Life is so cruel.
Welcome to a small sliver of my life. :P

I wake up about every 3 to 4 hours due to back pain. I have to get up move around a bit, or go sit in the computer chair... I take my 2nd pain killer ... have to wait 40 minutes for it to kick in, so the pain will ease enough that I can go back to sleep. And those are 'good' nights. I also have insomnia about once or twice a month. UGH! And the way my luck runs, that usually happens when the hamsters that power the Idaho internet in my area have died and new ones are waiting to be installed into the wheels. :P

I usually keep an audio book, a real book, and hope the internet is working on nights when I'm not getting even 1 second of sleep.
The rest of the year, I'm bouncing in and out of the Sim at all hours of the day and night.

I'm 57 now, and I can clearly remember how easy sleep was when I was a teen, and I miss that...lol... going to bed before 11 pm, waking up at 7 or 8 am, and still having to drag my barely awake body out of bed.
How would it Be to be able to sleep like that again! :D

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

It's puppy day :D Getting my new SDIT puppy and picking up my new career changed pet, Eclipse, the last SDIT I raised

Yup, that puts me up to 4 pet dogs plus a SDIT Puppy :lol: I'm not crazy at all
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

So exciting!!!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I swear all cable companies are ridiculous and so freaking expensive. I am paying $132 a month and randomly watch like 5-6 channels. WHY??? Called Direct TV to get my rates lowered which they could only do by $40/month. Called and switched to AT&T TV and its $76/month. But it really makes no sense and I should just cancel all of it but I'm afraid! lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

We pay $45 for internet and that’s it! Only have Prime, Netflix, and D+! No regrets!

And through Prime we can stream local news if we really wanted to 🤷‍♀️ And I’m sure there is a way to stream sports!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

We have internet and then sling. We also have Netflix and Hulu
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I gave up my DISH t.v. back in 2014 when I ended up in a wheelchair for what I knew would be for some months...turned out to be 4 months...plus another 5 months of physical therapy. I had no incoming money at the time, and was living off my savings. So, the first thing that went, was the t.v. subscription.

I never got it back, and unless I'm ever rich enough to not worry about my meager bills again, I won't be getting it back.
I found that Prime, Netflix and a lot of full episodes of stuff shown on YouTube are enough to cover my entertainment needs as far as video stuff goes. I also read, and listen to audio books.

Netflix recently raised their rates, but still I can get them and Prime for about $25 a month. My audio books are mostly free from the library, but not too long ago I got into Audible at about $18.00 a month and get a month book from them, plus they also have a lot of free books you can check out and listen too.

When I had DISH, I didn't even have HBO, Showtime, or Cinemax...I did have Starz...but it came with an upgraded package I had. At that point I was paying about $120 a month...and many of the channels were useless to me... all the religious ones, the shopping networks, the several Spanish channels, the gameshow channel, golf channel...etc. Then, The History Channel, Discovery Channel, TLC all went to heII too...just showing reality shows, rather than real documentaries like they use to do.

I'm actually glad I was forced to make the switch...saved a ton of money over the the years by doing so, and haven't been bored for lack of video entertainment either.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Calia Mendez
Miler

Post by Calia Mendez »

I just got my first ever jury duty summons this morning. Yay, adulthood?