Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Re: Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Post by Brad Fabman »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?) Brad Fabman. I don't know why?

Is your player name different from your real life name?
My name is indeed Brad

How old are you?

What is your highest level of education?
One year of college. I was in Pre-Pharmacy at what was Ferris State College back in the day. Now it's a University.

What is/was your occupation?
Plastics Fabricating for 33 years, the last 15 years there as 50% owner. Hated every minute of it. Then spent 3 years as a Vape Shop owner. By far the best and most rewarding job I ever had getting people to quit killing themselves smoking cigarettes.

Want to tell us a little about your family?
My dad died at 47 from smoking 3 packs a day. My mom set her house on fire with a cigarette and died in the fire. I was 10 minutes from dying of a heart attack 9 years ago from smoking. I have 3 stents. My brother has 13 stents. Everybody else that smoked is dead. Is it any wonder I opened a vape shop?

Where do you live?
Michigan

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share?
I'm a bowler. I used to be pretty good but my body won't allow to compete at a high level anymore. I have bowled a 300 game (November 20, 1983) and had a high average of 221 one year and 218 another. Now it's all I can do to average 190. It's frustrating but I still enjoy it and I have made peace with the fact I'll never be what I was before.

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?
The 300 game was one. Winning the Michigan Jr. State Championship at only 15 years old in 1974. Youngest player to ever do that ranks right up there as well.

What is your most outstanding personal trait?
Honestly, I don't have a clue.

REAL LIFE HORSES/HORSE RACING

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing?
Was a fan. I still watch on TVG almost daily. I owned a Standardbred for 9 races in 1985. Won 1 race. That was an amazing day! I quit going to the track in 1996. I had to quit gambling.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close?
Probably the closest would be Rambling Willie.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?
The Little Brown Jug in 1984.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)?
Not really. Not anymore anyway.

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM?

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing?

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities?
I do play another horse racing game that I have been playing since 2002. Other than that no.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM?
Officially I think sim year 18. Came back for a cup of coffee in years 24/25. Came back again mid year 50 and have been here ever since. Getting to know Anne Conradt as I did and being able to pick Regina Moore's brain on occasion and read her wealth of informative articles has really gone a long way to helping me stay this time around.

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM?
Winning races. Just not winning enough yet. About 12%. It's tough here. Especially Standardbreds which are my favorite. Fields are almost always full.

Do you have a specific goal in mind?
Just to keep improving my stock and increase my bank account. Otherwise, I'm not in that place yet to think too big about specific goals.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game?
Absolutely not. Still figuring things out.

What do you find most frustrating about the game?
No question, thoroughbreds. They run so erratic it makes me nuts. I'm weaning myself off thoroughbreds. I despise the whole Steward Bred thing. That's part of it.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player?
I am generally a person that hates change. When I hear changes are coming, I usually cringe. I Just try to adapt.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any?
Currently play them all but Wednesdays and Saturdays are by far my busiest and favorite days to race. That should give you a good idea.

Do you have a favorite division?
Standardbreds but they are tough. My best win percentages have come from Arabians and Paints.

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM?
Not yet.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win?
Again, not yet.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return?
I have come and gone 3 times in about 12 real years. I don't think the game as it stood back then held my interest. I guess change was actually good over the years.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player?
As a player? Probably not much. I am a very competitive person though.

What do you want most from the SIM?
Keep having fun and get better.
Avery Genna
Turf Router

Post by Avery Genna »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?)

Avery Genna

Yes, my real name is Madison, although Avery is my middle name!

How old are you?

I graduated in May, starting online college classes soon!

I recently completed an internship at an animal shelter! I plan to continue to work with animals, I am going to take veterinary assistant classes which will also offer me another internship, with a vet clinic.

I’m an only child!

Where do you live?

Mississippi.

I love animals, especially horses so I’m big on horse racing and handicapping. I love taking photos at the racetrack. I also love playing The Sims 3!

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?

Getting my rescue horse Misty who was starved and emaciated and rehabiliting her on my own.

Probably that I’m very passionate about what I do, and how much I love and care for animals and helping them.

I’m a huge racing fan!

Yes! Rachel Alexandra and Gun Runner are the two most famous.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?

Probably the 2018 Louisiana Derby!

Rachel Alexandra is my all time favorite racehorse! I absolutely love her.

Yes! I own my own horse.

SIM

2015!

I love the thrill of racing, and the excitement of breeding and choosing matings.

I would like to own a really nice freak turf mare that wins some Grade 1s and Simmy Award(s). It’d be extra special if she was a homebred!

I think I’m great at maximizing the potential of allowance horses and finding bargain buys. Both of my graded stakes winners were allowance gallopers, one was a $5k purchase and one was a $40k purchase who retired with over $350k in earnings!

Probably how hard it is to get a really good horse that can compete at the top levels. I’ve only owned one true freak, I’ve had a few geldings that were “freaks” but were past their peak.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player?

I think the Sim has only changed for the better!

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any?

I pretty much dabble in everything and have raced every type of horse and breed. Right now I think I have everything in my barn except for an Arabian, although I’ve raced a few.

My favorite division is Thoroughbred turf horses, of any distance.

Definitely Rosamond! I bought her for $40k blindly off the sales page, she went on to retire with $357k in earnings, a graded stakes win for me, and multiple other stakes wins and placings. She was so much fun to race and I got her for a steal!

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win?

The Year 50 Grade 3 Stardust Stakes, which Rosamond won on my real life birthday.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return?

I’ve never left, although I’ve taken two breaks.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player?

Probably how young I am, or that I’ve been playing for four years! I’m just now starting to socialize more on the sim, haha.

To have fun, and to have nice horses!
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

ERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?)

George Knatz

No, I didnt realize that was a thing until after I signed up.

How old are you?

I'll be 61 in two weeks

I have a BS in Education-Social Studies from UNLV
a Masters in Education Curriculum and Instruction from Southern Utah University
a Masters in Education School Administration from UNLV

I retired this school year from teaching.

I am married with 4 adult children, who are all out on their own.

Where do you live?

Henderson, Nevada 20 miles south of Las Vegas

My wife and I spend the entire summer traveling in our RV 9 weeks at a time.

I was the 2015 Nevada Athletic Director of the Year.

Determination, I don't do anything half way.

I was born and raised in Baltimore City about two miles from Pimlico. Grew up at the track.

I mean we didn't shake hands or anything but I was within 6 feet of Secretariat before the Preakness in 1973.

The first Maryland Million Day 1986 Laurel Race Course

Male-Secretariat
Female-Ruffian

Do we count mucking stalls while in high school?

SIM

47 week 8

I cant wait until results are posted. I wish we ran 3 times a day, 7 days a week.

Yes, World Domination.

Not really

People over value their horses.

I'm old, I hate change but I adapt.

I will run any breed and distance that I think I can make money at.

If I had to specialize it would probably be Dirt Milers

Without a doubt, Scaredofmyshadow. A homebred freak from my first crop. Won two Stewards Cups. Retired tied for the DS female record with 21 Stakes wins. She's a blue hen so I'm hoping she continues to help my barn grow.

My first SC win with Scaredofmyshadow. it was year 49 my second full year.

I have considered leaving a couple of times, but Im addicted.

A lot of people don't understand how I play as a mass breeder. To be honest I don't understand how they play only running 200 races a year. That would bore me to death.

World Domination!!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game?
Shannon Hunt

Yee, you'll have to ask my past self why I chose it because I do not remember

How old are you?

Masters (equivalent)

Psychologist working with children with autism and/or intellectual disabilities

They're around, in other places. Behind the screen you'll just find me and the cat.

Where do you live?
Hälsingland, Sweden (born and raised in Utah, dual citizen)

I draw quite a bit (not well). Mostly horses. I enjoy creative writing. Dabbled in archery previously and considering picking it up again. Casual gaming (grinding through The Witcher series at the moment, in between Fable III and Skyrim... can you tell what my preferred genre is?)

Was not expecting to be bummed out by this questionnaire, but here I am, unable to think of a moment I'm proud of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm told I am calm, analytical, supportive, and loyal, with an unfortunate impatient streak.

I used to be more than I am now. Don't have the time and my racing fan buddies dispersed after our forum shut down. I follow Tamara Vess' kids, read the paper for the funny trotter names, and check out the local track once a year maybe.

Järvsöfaks

The first race I watched and bet on, where my pick won. Don't remember his name, haven't won a bet since. Haven't attended any actual major races.

I guess it would have to be Järvsöfaks, or Tamara's Foggy (he's got a cute dumb face). I used to really like Brother Derek but I don't remember quite why.

I like horses in general, I like the concept of horse racing even if I don't have the energy to follow it properly, and I used to play on a forum-based racing sim that brought me a lot of enjoyment. It was a small group but we were tight-knit and the game was a lot of fun before it died off as our "steward" simply didn't have the time anymore. I missed the excitement of breeding and racing sim ponies.

I rode horses for many years and have recently started taking lessons again after an eight-year break. Also I draw them a lot.

SIM
Apparently, Y23. I *actually* joined in late 51 and apparently already had an account when I went to sign up. I suspect my younger self was intimidated by the learning curve back in 23 and gave up after two days.

The realism and in-depth feel. It's not just a basic line of visible stats that determines a predictable outcome. The slower pacing makes it easier to get into without feeling a stress to "get ahead" by grinding for hours. Lots of substance without the shiny but ultimately shallow packaging that many games have.

Uh. I'm going to go for "not suck so much". Perhaps win a stakes race with a homebred, that would be fun.

...nooo

Mostly my own ineptitude

I don't have the frame of reference to miss "the good old days" so thus far everything that's been changed has either been too minor to have an opinion about, or very good (bless the trotter gallop fixes).

"All" and then I settle into the ones I happen to get lucky in. Trotters are my main, quarters were set to be my secondary since I ran those on another game but only recently have I had any luck there. Paints are coming up because I accidentally found a couple okay fillies to run. I have horses in just about every other division, so it's easier to say which ones I'm not involved in - zero pacers, a small handful of all-weathers and a couple terrible steeplechasers that I will probably drop. I toy with the idea of making a serious stab at DR since that's the real "big leagues" but right now, if it has four legs, I'll run it where it wants to be and pray.

Trots!

You say that like I've had success... My one stakes winning pony is promising, though the competition was very slim so I don't quite count that yet.

That stakes win was a pleasant surprise. I do get excited when my bottom claimers win against large fields. The aged geldings fighting for claimer money are fierce.

I am very chatty once I get going, I'm just tentative in new groups. I've heard rumors of a great community here, so I hope in time I'll be able to find my place in it. Not a surprise considering the state of my stable, but I am extremely weak for $1 sales and take pride in finding a job for other people's rejects - I tend to joke whenever I win a race, "$10k earnings? Sweet, that's ten thousand new ponies!". I exaggerate. Slightly.

A good time, and a little bit of breeding luck. Just produced my first crop, and let's say there's a clear inequality in talent distribution between my trotter and TB kids. That DR champ goal is a long way off yet.

Would you like to share a photo of yourself?
No, but here's my cat
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

PERSONAL

Flizan Hambletonian

Yes. My name is Liza. Flizan is a nickname and an alias on that datingsite (Match) where Polk and I met! 😊

How old are you?

Master

Veterinary Surgeon (equine)

Married to Polk Buffalo (Niklas), 4 year old son Linus. And of course Thure (my horse) and Allan (cat)

Where do you live?
Sweden, on the countryside by the sea. Westcoast, north of Gothenburg

Horses, singing… but nowadays it’s most work-home-spend time with Linus…

I’ll copy Polks answer. Our son Linus. He is the best. And meeting my husband! <3

Luckily I have similar traits as my husband. Love to sleep late. I’m also very stubborn. If I have my mind set, I don’t give up.

I grew up 5 minutes away from Åby racetrack (racetrack for trotters). My dad was very interested and went to se races every week. Sometimes I tagged along as a child. It was very exciting, as he knew the stableguards and we could visit the stables. When I was 13, I started to help out in the stables. At first I rode the horses, but soon I learned to drive too. I started to work extra on weekends and holidays. When I had finished school, I went to ”Trav och Galoppskolan”, an education within the swedish harnessracingassociation. I got a licens to drive in races (but I never did). I pursued a veterinary education instead of continuing working as a groom in harnessracingstables…

Yes. Many. Mostly trotters. For instance: Legolas, Victory Tilly, Gidde Palema, Ina Scot, Järvsöfaks, Sahara Hotnight, Zoot Suit, Gift Box…

Elitloppet in Stockholm (such an amazing feeling!), Åby Stora Pris, Olympiatravet- Gothenburg, Stochampionatet- Skara

Of course I love my own horse True Fighter and his mum Thornaby Pride (who I also owned). Otherwise I have to say Ina Scot and Järvsöfaks.

Polk started to play. And one big thing with playing the same games as my husband, is that I love winning over him! 😉

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing?
It’s already my job and interest! 😊

Where do I start? 😉 I started riding in ridingschool when I was 7. And I never stopped loving horses. I wanted to be a vet since I was 8 y old, and I was stubborn enough to get the good grades and go to vet-school. Since horses are my passion, that’s now what I concentrate on, and I’m soon specialist in equine medicine.

SIM
Y47W16

I’ll copy some of Polks answer here… It’s complicated and investing lots of real cash is not necessary to get success, great community and the Steward.

Having fun! Getting better horses, and perhaps only race the good ones!

Well, I am stubborn. I started out buying cheap horses (claimers, solids) and race them. I still race my homebred claimers (unfortunately), and most of the time they do earn me some money! But I really want to cut down on my ”bad” horses. But it’s hard.

Well, It’s really hard to get rid of claimers… I can’t explain why, they are just fake horses!

Most of the changes have been for the better, so I don’t really get upset. I really like Sim 8.0! I love the new steeplechase-comments!

I have tried all divisions up to now. Sadly since I love trotters irl, that is by far the hardest division for me, and I probably will get rid of all my horses now. I had a freak (now a stakes) who has earned 51 k. That’s not fun…

I really like steeplechasers! Which are quite ironic since I really don’t like steeplechasing irl. (I don’t think any equine vets do, especially not if they work at the racetrack, which I do sometimes)

Without a doubt- Flizans Danielle! 3 times Steward Cup-winner!

Flizans Danielle- Stewards Cup y 51, 52 and 53!

Never thought about it…

I don’t know… I try to race ALL my horses, not just the good ones. I’ll try to cut down on my horses this season…

More nice runners! 😊

Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Mara Jade Vess
Miler

Post by Mara Jade Vess »

PERSONAL

Tamara Vess

Yes.

How old are you?
I'll be 22 in January

Currently completing a Bachelor of Communications (4th year, graduating in April 2020)

Information designer (hence my love for overcomplicating stats).

I come from a family of accountants. My sister is a hairstyler and I'm an info designer. Figures.

Where do you live?
Alberta (Canada), I bounce between the two big cities for school.

I watch a lot of hockey cuz I perpetuate the Canadian stereotype (Oilers are my main team, then Pittsburgh. I also follow the Golden Knights and Predators), I also draw & write, and I'm into the pop punk scene.

I went to Vegas once and didn't lose for a day and a half.
In reality, it's probably being at the track when we got our first ever stakes win. Honestly can't really remember him crossing the wire, I blacked out, then I remember hugging my aunt, then we were in the winner's circle and I was hugging everyone.

I've been told that I'm funny and I'll chirp anything with no filter. In reality I'm just kinda mean and a degenerate.

My aunt and her friend raced horses since the late 80s at (both now defunct) Northlands Park and Stampede Park. I started getting back into it in 2015 and consider myself part of the ownership group even though I don't have any monetary investment. My two are Dense Fog (who recently won his 2nd of the year this past weekend) and Irish Gold (our first ever stakes winner). Our stats for this year sit at 2 wins, 3 places and 6 shows from 16 starts.

I've met multiple Canadian Derby and CTHS division horse of the year winners. The most famous horse I can remember meeting is probably Final Jeopardy who was on the Derby trail this year and finished 2nd to Code of Honor in the Dwyer.

The 2019 Canadian Derby. Was hyped as the deepest field in its 90 year history, with owners like Godolphin sending horses. It lived up to its name even though there was a DQ from first to second.

Yeah, mine.
For real, I have a soft spot for mares that take on the boys (Zenyatta and Rachel being two of the first, then Beholder got up there too). I also like journeyman horses, ones that have to work for their wins and have had to overcome adversity in their careers.

:)

:)

I go to Spruce Meadows when I can, watched the 2019 Masters.

SIM
Late Y51

It's realistic and the community is wonderful I've been in very toxic communities before in horse SIMs.

Not really, but I would like to win the Queen's Derby the most.

Writing articles based on made-up rates :)

I have 2 stakes gallopers that can't win claimers, but my first stakes win came off an allowance horse.

I think they've been fine. The change I like the most is one of the smallest – links to a race in the PPS charts.

Mostly TB and mostly dirt sprint.

Dirt sprint because I win most often there.

Probably this guy. I bought him off AJ and I believe he was my first ever allowance galloper. After I set his correct equipment, he's gone 7: 3-2-0 for me including a new-player restricted stakes which was my first ever stakes win.

The Funny Cide Mile [G3] for the Gelding World Cup in Y53. I claimed Ping for $5k hoping to just toss him in a few starter allowances and get some money before I retired him, as he was already 9. I decided to enter him in the Mile because he'd been running decently for me in the two starter allowances. Never did I expect him to win and my roommate was very concerned when I started yelling.

N/A

Not much, I live the lurker's life in chat.

A hobby, really nothing else. Though if I go to the Breeders' Cup in 2021 at Del Mar, maybe a community 👀

No but here are my kids.
Irish
Foggy
At Stud
Chuck Tingle – DR
$7,500
Dream All Day – DR
$12,500

Coming Soon
Y59: Sunrise inthe Dawn – AWR
Y60: Faded Memory – DR

A Complete Historical Guide to the Louisville Derby
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

PERSONAL

Katie Stepanian

No

How old are you?

Bachelor of Education (Hons) leading to Primary QTS

Primary school teacher, currently teaching a Reception class (4-5yr olds). I also occasionally do photography work, including weddings.

Family consists of my husband Jack and I, with our furry children, the cats Whiskey, Coco and Monty and the rabbits Martha, Bluebell and Burdock.

Where do you live?

Cumbria, UK

Photography (obviously!), horse riding, mountain biking, walking. I was until recently the Commanding Officer of an Air Cadet Squadron, having stayed since I joined as a cadet when I was 14.

Living in The Seychelles for three months, when I was 17. I worked on the island conducting turtle patrols (to mark nests), monitored and ringed endangered birds and gave guided tours to the tourists who came to Cousin Island. It was an incredible experience and I was proud to be part of it. The experience still makes me smile today!

Organised.

Yes, I have always been a fan for as long as I can remember. I used to get up on Saturday mornings and sit on my dad’s lap to watch The Morning Line, before we watched the races in the afternoon. We went to our local track, Uttoxeter a few times. More recently, I go to my current local track, Cartmel every year and I would love to get to the Cheltenham Festival and Grand National sometime.

Nope :(

Cartmel this year, Summer meeting, where The Steward won the big race of the day...

Oh plenty! Frankel, as a recent and I love watching his progeny run now. He was just a freak on the track.
Being in the UK, jumps horses are also wonderful and I particularly loved Rooster Booster (and not only because he was grey!) and also Denman, who I think was better than Kauto Star...

N/A

N/A

Obviously, I love horse riding and next year I will be making my lifelong dream of getting my own horse a reality. I am SO excited! From there, who knows! I do also go with my neighbour when she goes and competes in Dressage competitions.

SIM

Late year 49

It’s very addictive, waiting for results to come in. I love that bit. I also love the challenge of improving year on year and bettering the quality of my stable.

To win as many of the ‘big’ races as I can in the future. For now, focus on building up those stakes wins!

Well, according to one Edge appearance it was my ability to do well with the older horses, particularly geldings and placing them competitively in stakes. Other than that, no, no knack!

Whilst essential- the random slide.

Mainly positive, although I do feel some of the changes don’t close the loopholes that they were intended to close. I love the new gallop comments and the training schedule is pretty awesome too.

All TB, and I have a smattering of Paints, Appys, QHs and STBs.

TM is my absolute fav, but all Turfy TBs mainly and then DSs, but to be honest, because I run them all, I like horses in all the divisions if they run good for me!

Not yet able to define myself as successful so no, but hopefully that particular horse will be around soon...

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1356848 This one. My first SC win, with Dancin Nancy. No one expected her to win it, not even Lee, so I was pleased I stuck to it and entered her.

N/A

No idea. I don’t think I have any surprises.

To make friends and be part of the community, as well as to be successful at it, breed good horses and win top races.

Find me on Facebook if you’re that interested 😂
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

PERSONAL

It's the same, Hazel Anthony

Yes. My real name is Sara. Without an H.

How old are you?

Almost 20

High school diploma and I'm in college right now working on my Bachelors

I worked a part time job over the summer and part of fall but I'm going into Agribusiness and I want to own by own business and also be involved with horses somehow.

Loud but very close-knit (and we love to joke)

Where do you live?

Eastern US

I love horses (I have one of my own), music (I play viola, violin, piano, and some guitar), agriculture, and history. I really like the WW2 era of history. I also love to travel, especially to Europe.

I'm still pretty young so I haven't done much yet :lol: . But I am proud of competing to earn a musical scholarship (tied with my older sister) and I also am proud of going to my first interview and getting my first job.

I have no idea. Do I have any outstanding traits? :lol: I guess I could say I'm organized and I'm also a hard worker..

I'm an INFJ-T on the Myers-Briggs scale, if anybody cares to know lol.

Huge fan. Never been personally involved with it but I follow it closely online and through social media. My family calls me obsessed. None of them really caught horse racing fever besides me. *shrugs*

Yes, I visited Old Friends in the past, don't remember the year. But I have a picture with Silver Charm :D I also got to meet Alphabet Soup and the horse that played Seabiscuit in the movie. (and others I don't remember)

I've never been able to attend a race in person unfortunately, but I will someday :) I did get to visit Churchill Downs and watch the horses training though! I also got to see Royal Ascot out of a car window driving by which was a real treat.

California Chrome really was the horse that introduced me to horse racing, but I didn't really follow it intently until Justify won the Triple Crown. So both of those guys are favorites of mine. I also love American Pharaoh (I love to watch his babies), Secretariat, and basically all the great females of racing, Zenyatta, Rachel Alexandra, Beholder, Ruffian, etc. My currently favorite horse in training now is Enable.

N/A

N/A

Yes, I own my own horse and I ride western.

SIM

Year 48, but I really didn't get into the game until probably year 50.. or later? I came from other online horse games and it was quite the adjustment to start playing on the Sim. However, the Sim is all I play now :)

How realistic it is. I really feel like these horses are my real life horses, and I feel real emotion when I watch them race and when I breed new foals and see their gallop comments at the turn of the year.

I would like to build my own line of Turf Sprinters or really any Turf division.

No. :lol:

The difficulty to acquire money and good horses. But I don't really mind it, as I believe I can be successful someday if I just work hard enough :)

I have liked them all so far.

Turf Thoroughbreds are my favorite, but I kinda dabble around in everything. When I become more successful in the game I want to stick with Turf Thoroughbreds and eventually I dream of Dirt Routers.

Yep, Turf Thoroughbreds of any distance (besides Chasers).

I haven't had much of my own personal success. But I've had a taste of success from generous players who let me lease or have their nice horses :)

Maybe I should have done this wayyyy down the road when I might have my own successful horses :lol:

I have been very excited when I won or placed in stakes races with other players' horses though :)

I really wasn't active consistently until this past year. I've also thought of leaving, but I've never actually left and I don't intend to now. The game is special to me even if I don't have a super successful stable yet :)

I have the worst memory of a 20 year old alive I think... disclaimer

Oh I think I told some players that I lived in Texas which I apologize for... :oops: Like I said I came from other, much different, online games where weirdos would ask personal questions and so initially I was a little nervous giving out any information about myself here.

To build a successful stable and to make friends with other racing-enthusiasts.

I was trying to find the picture of me and Silver Charm but it was years ago and I can't find it :oops:... so here's a picture of my fuzzy dork.

Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Enpea Racing
Sprinter

Post by Enpea Racing »

So I'm trying to get a little more involved in the forum - but I do usually hang out in the chat most evenings :)

PERSONAL

Enpea Racing

Yes

How old are you?

Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design

I was a graphic designer but taught myself to code - now I'm a senior web developer at a creative agency - been doing that for over 10 years now!

Just me, my husband and our four legged kiddos (2 dogs and then I have my 2 horses)

Where do you live?
Cleveland - yes that one, the butt of everyones jokes :lol:

Mostly horsey things - I ride and show dressage

Oh man - not sure about the most proud haha but I was involved in some non-profits to get more young girls into technology by mentoring and teaching workshops. I also am pretty proud of my accomplishments in my riding.

I'm a great listener and observer

I follow the biggest of the races but don't follow super closely. I worked as a groom at the track in high school during the summer and loved it though. I had several off the track horses that I trained in their 2nd careers also.

Not many - just the ones that hang out at the kentucky horse park

I haven't attended any big races but watched many while waiting to get picked up after my above grooming job.

I love the mares so the tough gals - Zenyatta, Rachel Alexandra, Beholder

I used to play a different sim game in high school but was looking for something to do and randomly found the Sim when I was sitting on foal watch for my mare who was going to foal (3 years ago now!!)

Not anymore than I was, bigger races... I follow the Triple crown, breeders cup etc.

See above - but yes :)

SIM
The very end of year 46 - so year 47 was my TP year!

How deep it runs and how much strategy it involves!

I'd like to win some G1s and win a SC

Lol not particularly

It's TOUGH - but it's also why I like it!

I don't really have any qualms - most have been great changes! I've also only been her for 3 real life years

The only division I've never raced any in is Steeplechasers. The majority of mine are All Turf, AW, and DM

Turf divisions and AWR!

I'm still working on it :lol: but my best horse to date is Hard Data: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=983122

I'm still working on an awesome G1 win

Nope!

I love breeding and picking matches for my mares!

Have fun and enjoy my time! Turn my barn into more nice horses - less alaska bound ones
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Geesh, mine's really out of date :lol:
PERSONAL

Jo Ferris

Yes

How old are you?

High School Diploma

Currently being broken, due to injury I had to quit my previous job, so I'm job hunting. Previously I've been an EMT, worked security, housekeeping, McDonald's, and some other random jobs

I've got 4 kids plus a temporary child, which sounds bad until I say they've all got 4 legs. I have Patriot, my 6yo Paint/Appy gelding who I've had since he was born. Then I've got 4 dogs, 3 I own as my pets, Scooter is a 10yo GSD mix, Alaska is a 3yo Pit mix and Ruby is my 1.5yo pure Labrador. Then my temp who's a puppy I raise through a service dog organization is Eclipse, a 10 month old Lab/Golden. As far as humans, I've got 3 biological siblings, 2 brothers and a sister, 1 soon to be brother in law, and 2 "adopted" brothers (not really adopted, but I call them my brothers). My siblings (yes, all 6) and I are all really close.

Where do you live?
Michigan

Endurance racing, running, hiking, hoarding dogs, also follow PBR and Formula 1 closely

Raven, my first puppy I raised to be a guide dog, she's now a working guide for a young man who's blind. I'm very proud to have been a part of getting her to be such a great guide dog.

Working hard or my desire to help others

No

No

Does endurance racing count? Cause I've been to some of those

Frankie, Astro, Monk... Oh wait, those are endurance horses

I was a fan many years ago, but haven't been for probably the last 7-8 years, still love the SIM though

The opposite :lol:

I used to barrel race, did a little roping, but these days I'm all about endurance, I love the sport, keeps me in shape and is a wonderful experience, just you and your horse. My ultimate goal is to ride in the Tevis Cup

SIM
Year 29, 9 real life years ago :shock:

I still love the random slides, nothing like a randomly bred foal becoming a superstar and a royally bred foal being a dud

Would still love to be one of the best mixer trainers, but I also like getting other players interested in mixers, particularly Paints

I really enjoy breeding, I don't feel like I'm the best at it, but I really enjoy it and have done pretty well with it

Not much anymore, TBs were always frustrating and Appys, but these days there's very little that frustrates me, and when it does it's usually that random slide that I love that makes my royally bred horse a dud.

Overall I think they've been great additions, some of the newer ones I'm still on the fence about, but I'm not a fan of change so that's normal

Arab - Sprint and Route
Paint - Mostly Mid and Route but have a few Sprinters
QH - Sprint

My beloved Paint midders

Neverinthemiddle showed me that Paints is my thing, Boone really kickstarted my barn, Splash In Puddles and Flying Pebble have been my best broodmares, they really gave me some great horses both as runners and in the breeding shed. Hey Brother obviously has been a huge influence as well.

All of my SC wins I've been very proud of, but Breakdown's SC win is definitely my favorite win, just the fact this horse was just coming off a decent maiden win going up against all stakes winners and he just swooped in and stole that win. Other than that, Boone's trifecta of wins I'm very proud of as well. I also love the fact that 8 out of my 10 SC winners and 14 out of 16 total SC wins have been homebreds

Not for a while, but usually when I do it means I have too many horses and need to clean out my barn

Probably still my age, but also maybe my lack of interest in RL racing, unless it's endurance of course

Mule racing :lol: Honestly though, imagine those headshots, love long ears and obviously if we're going to have mules we'll need donkey's as well

No, but here's my kids
Scooter, my 10 year old GSD mix, he's an agility dog

Left to right: Ruby, my Lab she's a career changed service puppy I raised, Alaska is my Pit mix will do anything for a tennis ball (can you tell I'm holding one to get this picture?), and Eclipse on the right, my Lab/Golden future service dog

And last but not least, Patriot, my Paint/Appy cross gelding, he'll be 6 this May. He's my endurance horse and also starting to train over fences. I feel like this picture pretty much sums him up

Ok, fine, I won't insult my horse like that, here's one where he's not being an idiot, this one's from when he was 2, literally my favorite picture ever of him and if I ever get a SIM horse that is worthy of his name this will probably be the reference photo

Also, because why not, here's baby Patriot
Last edited by Jo Ferris 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? Gwen Morse

Is your player name different from your real life name? Sort of. My legal first name is Jennifer but I've used Gwen since high school.

How old are you? around 50.

What is your highest level of education? Associates degree.

What is/was your occupation? Junior Linux Systems administrator (retired)

Want to tell us a little about your family? I have an adult son that I'm close with but am otherwise estranged from my family.

Where do you live? Canberra, Australia.

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? Computer games, online world design, European board games, Magic the Gathering, and my cat.

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous? My son is my delight :D.

What is your most outstanding personal trait? severe PSTD/anxiety.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close? Easy Goer after he won the Belmont.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? 1989 Belmont Stakes.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? Easy Goer.

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM? N/A

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing? N/A

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? I rode in high school and competed in community equitation and jumping events.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? Y 55

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? How complex it is, closely followed by the community.

Do you have a specific goal in mind? I want to successfully breed competitive multi-distance runners. Milers into routes.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? A few weeks into the sim I considered quitting because all my horses were running at the back of every race at Trial Park. I gave it one more try and started racing at bush league tracks outside TP in claiming races and a few restricted allowances. I started winning. After buying some better horses I went back to Trial Park and started winning purse money there too.

What do you find most frustrating about the game? Time. I lack patience.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? I haven't seen any changes yet.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? I race all divisions at Trial Park and I have some mixers.

Do you have a favorite division? I prefer turf and dirt milers.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? I'm very excited to have won two Y55 Trial Park Cup races.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? I haven't been around long enough for anyone to know anything about me but a random factoid about me is I'm double-jointed in my left thumb.

What do you want most from the SIM? Fame, success, adoring audiences ...
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Post by William Atteberry »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? William Atteberry

Is your player name different from your real life name? I go by Bill

How old are you? 70

What is your highest level of education? Bachelor Science - Mathematics

What is/was your occupation? Retired Software - developer, designer, executive, process expert, consultant

Want to tell us a little about your family? Married with 2 daughters and 4 grand kids (2 boys/2 girls)

Where do you live? Cincinnati Ohio

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? Simulation games (especially WWII), bridge, golf

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous? Received a letter from Secretary of US Air Force, thanking me for single-handedly saving their $3.2B program.

What is your most outstanding personal trait? Getting people to work together

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing? Just a fan. My cousin worked at Del Mar for a couple of years.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close? No

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? None
Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? Secretariat

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM? I'll play most simulations

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing? Still a casual fan

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? No

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? Y 56

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? Following all the various activities.

Do you have a specific goal in mind? Successful flat track operation.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? If there is a certain logic to the game, then I think I'll do well as I try to understand it.

What do you find most frustrating about the game? The down time between races

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? Only been here 3 weeks. I have nothing to compare to.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? I plan to do thoroughbreds turf and dirt at all three distances. Play to stay away from all weather at the moment.

Do you have a favorite division? Not particularly

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? Success? No wins. The best I can say is after 8 days I'm 9th in avg $/start

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? What are wins?

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? Haven't thought of leaving

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? I turned down a professional golf career to be in the Software business.

What do you want most from the SIM? To have fun with the community
Jess Dowson
Derby Contender

Post by Jess Dowson »

PERSONAL

Jess Dowson
Is your player name different from your real life name? well my full name is Jessica Dowson :)

How old are you?
Im In college now on a Veterinary nursing course
anything with horse i have done :)
My dad is a grand national winner and current trainer (Richard Guest) my uncle is a jump jockey (Tommy Dowson), My mum used to babysit the group 1 winning jockey James Doyle when he was a child, my Late Uncle is Sir Henry Cecil who trained Frankel and my grandads brother was a champion apprentice jockey.
Where do you live?
County Durham,Uk
Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want o share?
Im passionate about racing and the stud side of things, i love my job as a veterinary student, and i love all animals :)
I broke in a 2 year old thoroughbred and she went on to win a few races :) I was also proud of myself after my first racecourse gallop with a crowd (it was straight after races)
Ability to recall most stallions in racing and G1 winners :lol:

Yes!
Yes!, ive been in Noble Mission's stable and took him out for a pick of grass :) Ive also sat on the 2001 Grand National winner Red marauder
Royal Ascot

I love Stradivarius and Enable, i also have a favourite at my dads yard, a horse called Whatwouldyouknow
NA
NA
Yes, Showjumping, showing,hunting, harness racing, polo

SIM
I think Y49 break/y50 preseason
How cool everyone is :)
Win a graded race this year :)
Not really, probablys the rubbishest freaks
How some players do so well lol #jealous
horses have gotten more expensive
Stbt and a few pacers and paints, i also have a couple tb's
Mile as thats what stb's are
Not yet :) Crazy Safe was good to me a few year back!
None yet although i feel proud every time i win a stakes race :)
other people make me stay and im so grateful !
how many people in real racing im related/connected to
A G1 Winner and a continous great community!

Not of me but i will share a few horsey ones :)
Aaron Tonning
Miler

Post by Aaron Tonning »

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?) Aaron Tonning

Is your player name different from your real life name? No

How old are you? 48

What is your highest level of education? Diploma with 1 accounting class in CC

What is/was your occupation? Materials Manager for an Electronic Contract Manufacturer

Want to tell us a little about your family? In my second marriage that has now lasted 10 years. I really do seeing us together until the end. She is my best friend. Together we have 3 kids, 2 from her and 1 from me.

Where do you live? Currently live in Everett, WA. I have been up in the north end of Seattle for 40 years and 9 years in my childhood living near Disneyland.

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? I love the Seattle Mariners and the Seattle Seahawks. Play fantasy baseball and football. Was going to play this year in the World Series of Poker with my wife, but the covid cancelled that.

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous? Being a dad!

What is your most outstanding personal trait? Just to go with the flow

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing? Just a fan

Have you met any famous racehorses up close? No

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? 2017 Kentucky Derby & Oaks

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? Real Quiet and Board EZ (Longacres Horse)

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? No

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? Funny thing is I set up my account in 2009 and ran 1 race and never return until Year 55 Week 3

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? Winning races and being surprised when a horse runs better than you thought it would

Do you have a specific goal in mind? Having a horse good enough to enter into the Derby and Steward Cup's/b]

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? Not really yet

What do you find most frustrating about the game? Stakes galloping Trotters

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? Not really too much change since I have been here.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? All except steeplechase. I may get into them soon.

Do you have a favorite division? Probably Turf Route

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? Right now the first horse I bought for 25K - Aditya

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? Aditya won a Grade 3 Virginia Turf Stakes and I was thrilled.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? No plans on leaving as of now

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? Not sure may edit later

What do you want most from the SIM? Fun, Fun, and more fun!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 0..&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 683&type=3

Pic 1 This is the wife and I on the Belle of Louisville
Pic 2 This my wife and I heading out to the Louisville Oaks
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I've posted in this thread before, but years have passed, and my life is much different now!

PERSONAL

Yup

How old are you?

I hold a Bachelor of Science in Public Health :)

I'm currently seeking employment, but the next major step in my life will be to attend professional school, so I'll be a student once again soon.

I'd prefer not to!

Where do you live?
Deep in the heart of Texas

Healthcare, writing, and horse racing. That's it.

I guess my degree is cool! I've also placed at a couple of slam poetry meets locally.

I'd like to think I'm deeply compassionate, as well as creative.

Since I was 8

Cigar, Funny Cide, Da Hoss

2016 Derby Day was the best day of my life.

Z E N Y A T T A

SIM

Meeting new people and that great feeling that comes with winning. I've met some really great friends through this game!

Win the Derby
Year 56 Update: I DID IT!!!! New goal - win the Derby, again! A Steward's Cup Classic or a Desert World Cup would also be fantastic.

I feel like I've grown to be pretty decent at the dirt route game now.

It's very difficult to attain great mares that produce consistently well. I believe that's the key to prolonged success.

Mixed feelings, mostly positive though!

Dirt Route!

Fez first, and now Kingdom Come.

First it was the Year 40 Steward's Cup Turf Sprint with Fez, but the Year 49 Louisville Derby with Kingdom Come is probably going to be the one I'm most proud of forever. :D Finishing 1-2 in that one was the cherry on top!

I went on a 2-3 sim year sabbatical due to a lot of things going on in my personal life. I'm so glad I've since returned because the people who play this game are truly amazing. Some of my best friends are on the sim, and I hope I never leave again!

No clue!

To own some really great horses and have them give me the same euphoria real life race horses would! And to have fun!

Nope!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"