Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

PERSONAL

Is your player name different from your real life name?
Nope

How old are you?
Slap!

What is your highest level of education?
Too much

What is/was your occupation?
I own a small consulting firm that helps people buy and sell companies

Where do you live?
About a 10 minute bike ride from Santa Anita racetrack

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share?
Racing, gardening, being outdoors

REAL LIFE HORSES/HORSE RACING

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing?
I graduated from U of L's Equine program and I used to work on a few TB breeding farms (large and small). I've had racehorses on my own and in partnership, too. I have little bitty shares in 5 right now.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close?
Tons. One of the farms I worked for was owned by the Dubai people and had some awesome mares, including Arch's mom and grandma. I have a scar on my right hand from Seattle Slew taking a bite of me. My favorites that I've known were probably John Henry and Blushing Groom, who I was able to meet right before he died.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?
Zenyatta's loss at the BC to Blame. I know a little secret about that day and the way she ran, even in defeat, was mind-blowing.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)?
John Henry will always be "the one" but I love many.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM?

Do you have a specific goal in mind?
Not just yet

Do you have a favorite division?
Turf router is my favorite in RL. I am starting to acquire some horses to go that way but I'm enjoying all the divisions for now so we'll see.

What do you want most from the SIM? Fun.

Would you like to share a photo of yourself?
Are you kidding, no hair cut since Jan. But I can be Googled.
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I'm surprised I haven't already done this. I used to be the QUEEN of MySpace WhoamI quizzes. :lol:

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to send you an in-game message?)
Alyssa Lapa

Is your player's name different from your real-life name?
It is not, because I, like George Knatz, did not realize when I inputted my first and last name in at sign up it would become my playing name... If I had I'd of been more original.

How old are you?
I turned 30 this year. >.>

What is your highest level of education?
Currently a part-time student at Eastern Florida State College.
Getting ready to graduate next year with my AA, and am currently researching programs where I would like to continue on for my bachelors in either wildlife conservation or zoology

What is/was your occupation?
I work full-time at a merchant services company that helps get businesses set up to take credit cards. I also work part-time at Kohl's as a sales associate

Want to tell us a little about your family?
I live alone, but my mom, stepdad, and siblings all live about 45 mins away from me.
I do not have pets because I live in a complex that does not allow them, at least for renters. The rest of my family is spread out between Arizona and Illinois.

Where do you live?
I currently live in Titusville, FL. Also called the Space Coast as we are the home of NASA.I am not the biggest fan of Florida.

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share?
Photography is my biggest hobby. I focus mostly on wildlife, nature, landscapes, and macro has become my newest interest. I also enjoy cooking, reading and I also run a Facebook group that helps identify and record individual leopards that call the Masai Mara National Reserve home. Which ties into my degree I am seeking.

What have you done in your life that you’re the proudest of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?
I made the Dean's list last Summer and raised my GPA to a 3.1. The highest it has ever been since leaving elementary school

What is your most outstanding personal trait?
My ability to observe.

Are you a racing fan or have otherwise been involved in horse racing?
To a point. I'm not a die-hard fan but I love watching horses do what they enjoy.
I have been involved with horseracing after they are done with their careers on the track. I got the privilege to help rehab and train retired thoroughbreds for their new homes and jobs at Hidden Acres Rescue for Thoroughbreds (HART).
I am also in a partnership called Wasabi Stables and I have stakes in a few amazing horses.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close?
None that would be considered famous by the standards set. I have met many that were famous to me though.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?
I had never been to a live race until this past January. I was able to attend the Pegasus and even got to represent my organization HART in the winner's circle to accept a check from Gulfstream and the Stonarch group for the TAA accredited facilities. Then I got to enjoy as Zulu Alpha and Mucho Gusto took home the prizes on turf and dirt. I'll post photos below.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)?
Of course. Of the many, these are my top. Big Brown, Tapit, Seattle Slew, The Fed Eased, Starresha, Southern Phantom, Ratnik, Reign It In and many more.

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM?
I have always enjoyed horseracing, but it was an ad in the Retired Racehorse Project magazine that caught my attention of the SIM.

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing?
I've always been interested in racing, but I have a hard time following the sport because there are so many parts to follow.

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities?
I owned 5 horses in high school and they were my escape from all things bad. I was not the best rider but my Cricket was great at letting me make mistakes and not punishing me for them. I have not been in a saddle since high school. I have helped to train horses at HART. My best friend was a Westphalian, named Ethel, that had been rescued through an ASPCA seizure. She was a from the ground up training assignment. By the time she went on to the next phase of training, she was a smart well-behaved horse. I wish I could have continued her riding training, but I'm not in shape enough to be in a saddle.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM?
Y52

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM?
That I can play my way and not have to consider how others feel. Making some great friends and giving me an escape from my busy life.

Do you have a specific goal in mind?
To end the year with a bank that resembles my winnings. Breed more consistently and get better at placing horses. And I'd like to place first in the Arabian rankings.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game?
I do not.

What do you find most frustrating about the game?
The frustrations I have are of my own making.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player?
I enjoy change. I do feel bad that Em has to stop breeding her mares though. I hope, when stewbreds are over, she will do special auctions for say when a real-life stallion passes, or she just wants to have an auction of new horses.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any?
I am currently in Arabians DS&DR, Paint DM+DR, QH DS, DM, + DR, Pacers and all TB Miler and Router divisions and dabble in steeplechase. I am actually looking to drop both Quarter Horses and Paints to focus on growing my Arabians and Pacers. While trying to build my AWM barn.

Do you have a favorite division?
My Arabians are probably my favorite mixer division. They are doing so well for me. While the Dirt Milers are my favorite TBs.

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM?
Not yet, but I do have a 3 yr old filly named Aero Thru My Heart and I think she has potential if I could figure out her groove. And I have a yearling Pacer freak I am excited to get onto the track next season. Hopefully, he does not downgrade with the changes to gallops next season.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud of or gratified to win?
Not really, since right now wins are hard to come by I feel proud and grateful to win any race I can.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return?
Surprisingly no, usually by now I get super bored and lose interest in games. I do not tend to stick around, but this game seems to have honed into my need for constant change and appeals to my small amount of ADD, lol.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player?
Hmm, probably that despite the fact that I love all animals, I despise monkeys. think they are creepy and don't get me started on apes.

What do you want most from the SIM?
To continue to enjoy my time with the people that have made this more fun as I grow.

Would you like to share a photo of yourself?
No, but I'll share some photos of the horses I mentioned.

Irad Ortiz Jr and Mucho Gusto proving they deserved to be Horse and Jockey of the year at 2020 Pegasus.

TGaff and Zulu Alpha winning the 2nd annual Turf Pegasas

My best friend from HART, before she got adopted, the first photo is about a month after she and her cohorts arrived, I started volunteering in November 2016, and the second was in 2017 and we were playing in the empty arena and she was so proud of herself because she cleared a 2'2 jump without any hesitation, by herself. The low bar, in front of her, was supposed to be our target as we were just learning about jumps and learning to pick up our feet.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?) Craig McGee

Is your player name different from your real life name? Nope one and only me.

How old are you?56

What is your highest level of education?Some college was asked to hmmmm leave and not come back during my second year. Long story and something about 27 different probations I was supposedly on. Lol 🤣 wasn't me I swear.

What is/was your occupation?I was an electrician up until Dec.26,2016 when I did a dive onto concrete head first from 8 1/2'. 2 neck surgeries later and still on workman's comp. They will not let me go back to work.

Want to tell us a little about your family?Wife of 18 years Connie. My stepdaughter Crystal 36 stepson E.J. 30.

Where do you live?Church Point, Louisiana

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share?right now just my flower gardens would love to do more but oh well. I rode bulls for 16 years and actually started riding roughstock at 6 in calf riding.

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?My family and many years in rodeo.

What is your most outstanding personal trait?hmmm humour and my ADHD lol.

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing?yes and yes. Born and raised in Wyoming. Mother said I was riding horses before I could walk. My family on both sides have ranches in Wyoming. Great granddad had me racing his QHs in unsanctioned races at a young age lol. Me bareback going like heck lol.He also bred and raised paints so sorta partial to paints.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close?Not really mainly spent my formative years at the Billings MT and now shutdown Energy downs in Gillette Wyo. Tracks.as well as Miles City MT.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? Watching Billy Shoemaker on his farewell tour when he raced in Billings MT.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? Ferdinand that last to first Kentucky Derby will always stay with me.

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM? Big fan

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing? Still interested lol

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? Defentily sorta born into it you could say .... Started breaking horses before I was a teenager and when I could pick up a hoof my great grandfather had me start shoeing.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? Season 49

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? Everything

Do you have a specific goal in mind? Low expectations

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? Hoarding horses lol

What do you find most frustrating about the game? Hmmm 🤔 my spending habits lok

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? All good

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? Stock breed of mixers Appy's Paints and QH all divisions in each. Some DR TBs but those are iffy lol. Goal 900 quality mares 100 for each breed and distance in the stock breeds.

Do you have a favorite division? Stock breeds though with my dappled beast Jeaux leaning towards QH mids.

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? Jeaux

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? QH 3yo triple crown with Jeaux.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? Not happening your all stuck with me.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? Hmmm besides old short and bald?

What do you want most from the SIM? It's my world away from real life, with my ADHD it helps keep me grounded.

Would you like to share a photo of yourself?I would but play on my phone and I deleted my Facebook years ago lol.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll: