Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Post by Regina Moore »

I always enjoy when other players are interviewed, but those articles always time out eventually. So, considering the influx of new players within the past game year or so, I thought it could be fun and informative to have a questionnaire for players to fill out, so others can get to know them.

Answer as many or as few as you like, from the questions below. Add your own! Be as brief or as detailed as you'd like. Come back to your post and edit/update, as you wish.

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?)

Is your player name different from your real life name?

How old are you?

What is your highest level of education?

What is/was your occupation?

Want to tell us a little about your family?

Where do you live?

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share?

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?

What is your most outstanding personal trait?

REAL LIFE HORSES/HORSE RACING

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing?

Have you met any famous racehorses up close?

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)?

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM?

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing?

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities?

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM?

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM?

Do you have a specific goal in mind?

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game?

What do you find most frustrating about the game?

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player?

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any?

Do you have a favorite division?

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM?

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win?

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return?

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player?

What do you want most from the SIM?

Would you like to share a photo of yourself?
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Post by Regina Moore »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?)

Regina Moore

No

How old are you?

Bachelor of Science from the University of Arizona in Animal Science - Race Track Industry

Freelance bookkeeper for the past 20 years, and also do one-on-one training for a popular small business accounting program. Before starting my own business, I’ve worked in various aspects of accounting from the time I was eighteen, even though I didn’t major in it.

I’ve happily never been married or had children. I usually have one to three dogs, all but one having been shelter rescues. Currently have a 12yo Beagle, 4yo Bichon/Maltese/whatever, and a 1yo poodle/Yorky/whatever..

Where do you live?

In a growing town of 50,000, about ten miles south of the Denver metro area.

Since 1984, I’ve been writing fan fiction (mostly slash). I think I’ve written close to 200 stories, many of novella length, by now.

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?

I grew up in an extremely dysfunctional family (father was an M.D. and a drug addict, mother disassociated, older brother committed suicide, yadayadayada), and used my anger from such to fuel my determination to remove myself from the insanity and live my own life. I’ve reached the point of no longer living with a sense of being victimized, have no interest in blaming anybody for anything, look for joy in every moment, and have a more peaceful, day-to-day fulfilling life than anyone I know.

What are your most outstanding personal trait?

I’m very self-aware, and know what I want, what I think, and how I feel in most situations, most of the time.

Was an extreme racing fan from an early age. Watched my first Kentucky Derby at the age of 10. Became a word-for-word reader of The Blood-Horse magazine from the age of 11. Memorized all the winners of the Triple Crown winners in the fourth grade, etc. Kind of got away from it after the turn of the century, but being in SIM has gradually made me more aware of real life racing.

Owning racehorses was the Ultimate Dream of my life. I joined one of the first online partnerships in 1995, when the internet was still a new concept for most. That was based in Phoenix with one horse, and it eventually grew to racing 27 horses from coast to coast over the next seven years.

One of my life’s greatest experiences was taking a trip to Lexington in 1982, with a friend who was also a rare person in the state of Colorado who cared anything at all about horse racing. (We met via a small, international group that traded racing memorabilia.) We got to pet Secretariat, as well as the great gelding Forego, got to see Affirmed, but Seattle Slew was out in his pasture that day.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?

The focal point of the above trip was attending the Blue Grass Stakes, which then was one biggest preps for the Kentucky Derby.

Secretariat, hands down. When I was 12yo, I thought that a Triple Crown winner would be The Greatest Thing That Could Ever Happen in Life, lol. And he’s the one that did it, after 25 years.

Mainly just pleasure riding, when I’ve had a chance, and lots of lessons, when I was younger. Mostly jumping, though I never went anywhere with it. (I had zilch self esteem as a teenager, zilch assertiveness, and got thrown a lot.)

The one time I owned a horse was when I bought myself one for my 20th birthday, and had him three years. He was a 15yo American Saddlebred that I rode hunt seat, and won some ribbons with at the little stable shows. (Getting a blue ribbon was a peak experience at the time. I was one of those people who never won anything.)

Now that I think about it, some of my most incredible equine moments have happened on the backs of American Saddlebred horses (various ones). Which is really odd, considering I’ve never been “involved” with the breed.

I admire all aspects of the vast world of horses and horsemanship.

Almost forgot -- when I was attending the Race Track Industry program at the University of Arizona, I spent a summer internship on the Michigan fair circuit, via the United States Trotting Association. Got to jog a free-legged Standardbred pacer once. That was exhilarating.

SIM

Week 11 of Year 23

Really, everything, except I have no interest in betting. It’s been a blast from day one.

No. Especially right now, I’m sort of reflecting on how I want to transition my stable. Last year was, far and away, my Best Year Ever, on top of the prior Best Year Ever, so I’m just taking a deep, calming breath right now, and bouncing some ideas around, in terms of what’s next that I want to focus on.

Maximizing the potential of each and every horse that I breed.

That players complain about “the rich getting richer” (I’m one of the rich), while there’s races with few entries, or even none at all. Match up horses with races that don’t have any entries, and you’ll start earning purse money.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player?

I’ve been in a continual state of amazement at how much Em and company keep improving the game. I think she and staff are a huge part of why the SIM is so enjoyable.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any?

I’m one of the few players that play all divisions, and I can’t imagine dropping any completely. But I do anticipate being more active in some, while cutting back on others.

With Thoroughbreds, turf milers, because I’ve been so successful with them.

With mixers, the Quarter Horse routers, because I’ve been so successful with them.

Far too many to name. My success has never revolved around a particular horse.

However, there’s been a few that have particularly helped me stay wealthy, though I’m going to lose most from the breeding shed soon. I lost Paint sprinter Ohio Charmer this year, and while I haven’t gone back and actually calculated the numbers, I think he might very well be my all-time most profitable horse, to the tune of many, many, many millions. He was the complete package: homebred, hot training youngster, multiple Grade 1 stakes winner, high nicking from the moment he was retired, and then his offspring performed at the high level expected. Quarter Horse router Attack Mode was also that, and turf miler War Lock pretty close, if not quite so consistently successful as a stallion.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win?

No. I’ve never thought in terms of a particular race. However, it was pretty gollygeewow to take the AW mile Pegasus earlier this year, by a whisker, with the longest shot in the five horse field.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return?

Never thought about leaving. Having too much fun on a day-to-day basis.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player?

I’ve been playing 21 game years, and have never had a starter in a Triple Crown race. Thoroughbred dirt routers are a very frustrating division for me.

To keep enjoying myself to an extreme, and that’s on me to figure out how to keep that happening, not on the SIM.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Yes, when I joined the SIM in high school having an alias was a no brainer. My real first name is Marlah though I prefer Fanta on the SIM.

How old are you?

Some college, I was one of the many who still have no idea what they want to do in life.

I used to work for a utility company where I helped designed the backflow/cross-connection program (deals with public safety and is state regulated).

My father works in a factory, and my birth mother passed away when I was seven from a horseback accident in 1999. My stepmother, then of 3 years, adopted me around 2003 and she's been mom ever since. There wasn't a time in my life that I didn't own a horse. My birth mother, Kim, instilled that love in me and it has only grown since. She was a die hard member of the AQHA, and thought a gaited horse was something rich people bought. Needless to say, I now own three Tennessee Walking Horses, she's probably turning in her grave lol

Where do you live?

In the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains of east Tennessee.

I love showing and riding flat-shod Tennessee Walking Horse. I also love to travel and have been to many states, but never out of the country. I've been to Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Washington D.C., and California. I am taking a cruise to Cozumel, Belize, and other parts of the Caribbean in November. So I can say I will have traveled out of the country then!

When I worked at the utility company I pulled the backflow department back from the brink. The state was so close to taking over the department it was unreal. I started as a summer temporary, and they kept me long enough for the state inspector to praise my work and then they bid me farewell. So that's my most proud, and angriest to say the least, moment in my life.

Modesty, as my husband would say as he snickers in the background. All jokes aside, probably my willingness to jump headfirst into new situations.

Die hard fan.

The list is long lol Silver Charm, War Emblem, Game On Dude <3, Sarava, Gulch, Ogygian <3, Funny Cide, Cigar, Tinners Way, Creator (the Euro version, not Belmont Stakes winner), Alphabet Soup, John Henry, Mine That Bird. Old Friends and the Kentucky Horse Park are wonderful places, I prefer Old Friends over KHP though. They are much more hands on and open, and Michael Blowen is a wonderful individual. I met Mine That Bird when I was at the Derby in 2013.

Most would say the Kentucky Derby in 2013, but this is not the case. In 2009 there was a marvelous filly known as Rachel Alexandra, and I was sitting in the stands as I watched her turn for home in the Preakness Stakes.

Soooo many, but I have two that I think best sums of the racing eras. Damascus, the hard knocking champion who battled with the best in Dr. * and Buckpasser. Meeting his last living son Ogygian was truly an honor. The second is Game On Dude, the Dude was so talented and he is just soooo sweet!

Showing flat shod Tennessee Walking Horses.

SIM

Year 25, so this is my 20th anniversary.

The community and seeing my homebreds win.

To breed a future Hall of Famer.

Not really. I mainly stumbled into my turf miling success, but take Harden Your Heart for example. I placed him in all the right stakes races early and made his money. Then when I felt he was ready competed at the highest level, and finished fourth in the Pegasus Turf Mile beating some NICE horses.

Breaking into the upper echelon of money ranks. You can write articles and make money, which is really good, but if you don't have money you can't buy the right horses to make money. So it's a vicious cycle and it took me a long time to get to this point in my gameplay and I'm comfortable where I am now. I'm always striving to get better each year!

There are some changes I didn't like at first and got over, and there are other changes I just feel neutral about. The fitness change I don't care for, but I understand and it makes sense.

Turf miling Thoroughbreds, sprinting Quarter Horses.

Turf milers

My Heart of Hearts. I bought her dam for 50k at an Eric Nalbone auction, it was her reserve, and no one else wanted her. My Heart of Hearts was my first foal from her and she went on to be my first Steward's Cup winner. After that I leased her at public lease auction once and made my money there. That's what really propelled me to have money to buy horses and do things. She then gave me a 6x Grade 1 winner, and my first homebred millionaire in Harden Your Heart.

The Year 39 Steward's Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf with My Heart of Hearts.

I thought about leaving early on, and I think my main reason to stay was I got that taste of Grade 1 success with Mine Those Stars during a rough time in my life. After that it was, "I have to find that next one!" That next one was Grade 1 winner Fire in My Hart, stakes winner Capt. James Kirk, Grade 2 winner Jadzia Dax, My Heart of Hearts, Harden Your Heart, and now A Burning Desire. It becomes addictive to find the next BIG horse.

I love to write but have severe writer's block so sometimes I'll write article upon article, and like now I'm in a severe drought and writing a single article is of the devil.

The community to never lose it's heart and soul. There are some wonderful people here on the game.

Myself and the equine love of my life, Turbo's Violet. We would go on to win that class, Ladies Trail Pleasure 18+, against 8 other competitors. No other horse has given me as many thrills as Violet.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?) It's the same.

Is your player name different from your real life name? Yeah.

How old are you? Old enough to know it's not appropriate to ask a lady this question.

What is your highest level of education? BS.

What is/was your occupation? Horsemen's Relations at NYRA.

Want to tell us a little about your family? I hate my father.

Where do you live? New York.

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? Horses, hunger, Harry.

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous? I finally made it through an entire Saratoga meet without a single hangover.

***UPDATE***

Won the 2016 Beemie Award for Biggest Doubletake Tweet!

What is your most outstanding personal trait? People keep me around because sometimes I make them laugh, as much as they don't want to laugh at me.

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing? It's kind of all I do.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close? A couple.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? 2009 Breeders' Cup Classic, duh. Close second would be Frankel's last race.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? Several.

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? I ride hunter/jumper and did yearling sales prep in college. I also own Notacatbutallama.

SIM

What game year did you join the SIM? Oh god, I think it was year 9.

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? When my mares die.

Do you have a specific goal in mind? For some reason soccer is the first goal that popped into my mind, even though I could not really care less about soccer.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? My knack is for doing worse than I ought to.

What do you find most frustrating about the game? My exceedingly poorly producing broodmares.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? Back in the good old days I won a lot more. I preferred that.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? Thoroughbred dirt routers, because I am a masochist.

Do you have a favorite division? I hate them all.

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? Chesapeake Bay.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? If Wishs Came True's last race.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? Well, I left when everybody left at the shut down of the old SIM. And then it came back and I resisted for a short period of time. Of course, that was a dreadful idea because when I eventually caved and came back (thanks, Em) I had lost all opportunity at rebuilding a stable the same time everybody else did. My poor life choices continued from there.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? Nothing, really. What you see is what you get. Maybe that would surprise them? That I'm every bit as me in person as I am online.

What do you want most from the SIM? For everybody else to lose.

Would you like to share a photo of yourself? 99 days until Christmas.

Last edited by Alysse Peverell 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Heh, seems like fun....

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?) The same.

Is your player name different from your real life name? Um, yes.

How old are you? 47. Ouch.

What is your highest level of education? Bachelor's.

What is/was your occupation? I work for the company that makes Magic The Gathering.

Where do you live? Bellevue, WA (suburb of Seattle)

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? Cycling, outdoorsy stuff, travel, being a husband and father, a bunch of other stuff. I have an abnormally close relationship with my labrador retriever. I sing to her, it's weird.

I'm also a major soccer geek to the extent that I usually call it by it's correct name, football.

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous? Raise 2 kids (ongoing project).

What is your most outstanding personal trait? I'm an ISTJ, anyone who knows what that means can do the math.

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing? Not really anymore.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close? Chinook Pass and Trooper Seven, those probably don't count.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? 1981 Longacres Mile

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? The two above, and a bunch of Euros.

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM? I was much more of a fan of horse racing at the time I joined.

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing? The opposite happened, actually.

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? My wife plays polo, and now my daughter does too. I like to pet ponehs.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? 2006

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? Friends, winning races on the rare occasion that it happens.

Do you have a specific goal in mind? Winning the Arc.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? Turf routers are the only thing in the SIM I'm even halfway decent at, and that's a stretch, so that I guess.

What do you find most frustrating about the game? Right now it's that the Pegasus Cup exists.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? It's probably no secret that I prefer the SIM the way it used to be when I joined, but I also understand this is a business and that I don't own it. The process of getting 2yos ready to race is not something that I enjoy, like at all.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? Routers, turf and dirt, with no intentions on doing anything else.

Do you have a favorite division? Turf routers.

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? Stalingrad, Caesar Augustus, and Well Traveled...in that order.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? The Arc.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? I've quit twice, both times I found that I missed it and returned. I have some good friends here and generally enjoy it.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? That I'm nice.

What do you want most from the SIM? Meh. It's a game, I play it.

My wife and I on the Eiffel Tower drinking champagne, Longchamps is somewhere in the background of this pic.

Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

PERSONAL

Garret Folsom

No

How old are you?

Associates Degree in Accounting

Financial Specialist

2 kids, 7 and 4

Where do you live?
Northeast United States

I love Baseball, pretty big Football fan. I coached High School basketball and Baseball for 10 years. Love playing Volleyball as well

Raising two kids that are generally well behaved.

I am an extremely loyal friend and will do anything I can to help those that I’m close with.

I was never a fan of horse racing prior to the SIM.

Nope.

Never attended a race

Only fake ones at the moment.

I have always loved to play management type games. Simulations such as being a coach or general manager of a professional team. I was actually looking for a good stock car management simulation and was never able to find one that matched what I was looking for, but I found the SIM and tried it out and got hooked.

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing?
I’ve only watched a few races on TV here and there. I feel like I have interest, but it is generally secondary to other interests.

Nope

SIM
Week 5 or 6 of Year 35
I loved the breeding part of the game, trying to create a great horse. I love community and the interaction with others, although I haven’t been doing as much of it as late.

I want to be able to consistently get top level horses. So far it has mostly been here and there that I get good horses. I want a few of them every year.

I think I race more bad horses than anybody else in the SIM. I don’t know why I do it, I have trouble getting rid of any horse.

No being able to get consistent results with my breedings. I’ll have a good year, then a bad year. My strategy doesn’t change, but the results are night and day. It’s frustrating at times, but part of it is building a shed that can produce consistently. I’ll get there!

I’ve enjoyed the changes, some of them take time to get used to, and being someone who loves Microsoft Excel, it’s a little heart breaking to know that I don’t need all of my spreadsheets anymore. I’m curious to see if eventually each horse ends up with a financial statement attached to it. For me, with my financial background and love of numbers, that would be amazing!

Originally, I was in everything. I’ve been getting out of a few divisions here and there, and right now it’s All TB Routers (Dirt, Turf, AW), AW Sprinters, Arabians (both), QH Routers and Trotters.

I’ve long been a big fan of AW Routers, that’s been my focus for a while. I’m getting more interested in Turf Routers lately (Thanks Sideshow) as well as Arabians and QH Routers.

Sideshow, easily the best horse I’ve ever bred.

At the moment, probably getting that first (and only) Steward’s Cup win. Hopefully that will change on Friday and Sideshow will win the Desert Turf Classic.

Never thought about leaving.

Maybe it won’t be a surprise now, but I have a spreadsheet that ranks most currently standing studs based on On Track earnings, stud book stats and gallop results. I use the spreadsheet to determine which ones I use and how many times I use them.

Better horses!!!

No, and you’re all welcome for that!!!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

PERSONAL

Yup

How old are you?

Currently pursuing a BS in Public Health

Student

No, they don't like it when I talk about them on the internet

Where do you live?
Deep in the heart of Texas

Healthcare, writing, and horse racing. That's it.

Stayed alive

I'm a cool bean

Since I was 8

Cigar, Funny Cide, Da Hoss

2016 Derby Day was the best day of my life.

Too many, but Mucho Macho Man, Zenyatta, and Tepin are definitely top 3.
ETA: American Pharoah is in his own class in my heart. That horse is my hero.

SIM

Meeting new people and that great feeling that comes with winning.

Win the Derby

Nope

The difficulty to attain a good horse

Mixed feelings, mostly positive but I won't elaborate.

Not really

Fez

Year 40 Steward's Cup Turf Sprint with Fez

I've thought about leaving it due to insane RL commitments, but I didn't spend real money on this for nothing. Also, it's super fun and I've met awesome people through it. They're the main reason I stick around.

I honestly don't know. Maybe my age?

To own some really great horses and have them give me the same euphoria real life race horses would! And to have fun!
Last edited by Nini Panini 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game?
Same as my real name.
How old are you?
13,424 days.
I attended a community college for three years (think about that for a second), needed only to complete a three-month internship at that time ... and never did, because I'M A GENIUS!
Assistant Sports Editor, Herald-Mail Media
Father: Electrical engineer/shop foreman, retired. I inherited ZERO of his handyman skills.
Mother: Has had many jobs, currently an office manager at Harpers Ferry National Park and a Christian counselor.
Grandfather: Worked as an electrical contractor and SPY for the CIA. Retired (duh). Pretty cool!
Wife: Wonderful stay-at-home mother, working on Masters degree in Christian counseling.
Son: Just turned 2, budding athlete, loves to wrestle and throw balls everywhere.
Where do you live?
Hagerstown, Maryland. City population is about 35,000, area population is 120,000. An hour northwest of Washington and an hour west of Baltimore. Dying city. Not many well-paying jobs, lots of riff-raff *sigh*
Professional wrestling from 1991 until 2003 or so, still follow loosely. Played poker online from 2002-06. Played far too many sports games/simulations to list, most recently Out of the Park Baseball (very good sim) and Tennis Elbow. Like to hike, play tennis and disc golf (although disc golf has been ticking me off lately because I suck).
I guess my most "proud" career achievement was winning the American Volleyball Coaches Association's Grant Burger Award for print journalism in 2008. My family makes me the most joyous, spending time with my son is priceless.
No idea, not the best self-evaluator. I'm much more likely to list the many negative traits.

Never been involved in the industry. My grandfather was a massive horse racing fan (unfortunately because of the gambling aspect which led to financial issues) who took me several times to the closest track (Charles Town, WV), especially in my late teens/early 20s. I liked going but it wasn't really a passion.
Zenyatta was pretty amazing to watch, especially her Steward's Cup Classic win which was ridiculous.
I got caught up in American Pharoah's Triple Crown run and then started finding other horse racing stuff on YouTube, such as Frankel's races, Zenyatta's races, etc. Then I wondered if there were any good horse racing simulations out there, and that led me here.
SIM
Midway through Year 41, didn't race much until Year 42.
Writing about it, especially now that I have selected a specific area (turf routing) to concentrate on. For me, that was the best decision I could have made. I'm also into the breeding side of things, trying to create a great racehorse is a fun challenge.
RACING: Win the Arc and/or the Steward's Cup Turf.
OTHER: Write stuff people enjoy reading. (The SIM Silks tourney is an extension of that.)
Too early to tell. Also I'd rather let others be the judge of that.
Nothing, really. I'm a naturally patient and pretty cautious person, and both things help here.
I'm happy with 95 percent of them, and won't complain about the other 5 percent.
Turf routing, not likely.
Still trying to find that horse (it will most likely be a broodmare).
A freak!
This was from when my boy was like 2 months old ...

‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Mats Jonsson
Classic Contender

Post by Mats Jonsson »

Mats Jonsson (real name)
55 yo, and live in a town called Norrkoping (population ~120.000), Sweden
Divorced (~ten years ago), 3 children (31,29 and 22 yo)
Work as a chef!

I'm born next to a racetrack and have been intrested all my life in horseracing. Betting, owning and breeding - all of it!
Owned 2 horses (mares) in the mid nineties (Falsoola and Barbicel), but neither of them gave me any luck when breeding them.

Started my SIM-career in february 2016 and love the breeding aspect of this game. I transform my RL knowledge about breeding into this game and the fantastic thing is that it's very similar to real life and the way you 'read' a RL-pedigree - just love it!
At this time I'm in to learning all about the Dirt Routers and the bloodlines back to the start of the game. I want to get in to one more division, but haven't decided wich one yet, maybe Arabian routers will be the next step for me?

I will probably play this game for the rest of my life, and I'm just sorry that I found it so late.

My goal (hope) is to breed a nice mare or stallion who will set the mark for all time in the SIM. A horse that everyone want to see in their pedigrees for many, many years ahead 8)

That it never will end and that Em never loosees her interest to generate the game as much as is possible!

I shared that Corona-picture of me just a week ago... but got 1 more:

No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress.
You're still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nini, you're right! Your age was definitely the most surprising thing for me! And you joined in year 29, same as me, I'm 19 so I can't believe how close we are in age!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Alysse, you sound simply terrifying?

I'd love to meet you someday? :P
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

I have to agree that I was surprised by Nini's age as well. Almost everyone is a "veteran" in my eyes (joining more recently), but I'm often amazed by the age of some players I DO consider to be veterans.

Alysse, cute pic! I couldn't help but notice the bear matched the bear on your shirt AND you and the bear have matching footies!
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Josh Bordeaux wrote:Alysse, cute pic! I couldn't help but notice the bear matched the bear on your shirt AND you and the bear have matching footies!
I will direct my mother to this photograph for evidence of my OCD tendencies. Thanks, Mom.

Oh, and I'm an ENTP. Hardcore ENTP.
Dusty Klatt
Classic Contender

Post by Dusty Klatt »

PERSONAL

Dusty Klatt
Yes - Dusty Klatt was the name of this crazy teacher I had in high school
How old are you?
Bachelors Degree
Medical Device Sales Rep for Johnson & Johnson
Long time girlfriend + parents and little brother
Where do you live?
Live in PA, from NJ originally
Enjoy gambling and sports
Changing lives at my job with patients with medical issues
thats a loaded question

I worked at Monmouth Park for multiple summers growing up within admissions and admin departments
Verrazano was an awesome horse I had the opportunity to walk with and take a photo with for Haskell win
Manny Diablo - look him up won 4 figures on his only victory ever.
Manny Diablo lol

I was accepted to Louisville for Equine Studies master program after college, but mom and dad told me no way take the job with Johnson and Johnson

SIM
the community
get better every year. look forward to those special horses

breaking into upper echelon but thats to be expected
i love it
i am open to everything
ive found most success in AW milers
thank you Eric for the dare to dream program, gave me a few good horses to keep me entertained in game
any Stew cup
nope I havent gotten burned out yet.
I am always looking to make new friends in the game. I came in as a college kid and i am sure to have ruffled a few feathers along the way, but I mean well and I really enjoy the sim community.
keep having fun
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

ISTJ-A (Logistician) for me on the Meyers-Briggs.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.