Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Re: Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Norman Architecture wrote:Would you like to share a photo of yourself?

Me and Matthew Lewis of Harry Potter fame.

!!!!!!!!!!!! He hadn't gone Hot Neville yet, but still WAY jealous!
Oncu Kaan
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Oncu Kaan »

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?)
Oncu Kaan

Is your player name different from your real life name?
just first name (oncu)

How old are you?

What is your highest level of education?
High School

What is/was your occupation?
hydraulic worker

Want to tell us a little about your family?
I'm a 31-year-old white man living with my mother

Where do you live?
Istanbul, Turkey

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share?
write about horse's pedigree at my web site, swim, watch sci-fi movie or documentary, listen movie soundtrack

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?
travel in space

What is your most outstanding personal trait?
curious

REAL LIFE HORSES/HORSE RACING

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing?
Since I was 12

Have you met any famous racehorses up close?
Grand Ekinoks (winner of Turkish Derby 2001), last winner of triple crown

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)?
Grand Ekinoks

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM?
i don't think so

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing?

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities?

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM?

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM?
everything

Do you have a specific goal in mind?
Win the Derby

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game?
no, there is a lot to learn in game

What do you find most frustrating about the game?
nothing

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player?

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any?
everything

Do you have a favorite division?
turf sprinters

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM?
Awtaad, Happy Times Ahead

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win?

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return?

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player?

What do you want most from the SIM?
freak turf sprinter

Would you like to share a photo of yourself?
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?) Ashley Gibson

Is your player name different from your real life name? Yep, got married. Didn't change last name. I am quite ok with that.

How old are you? 32.

What is your highest level of education? College, and since I am a glutton for punishment have gone back for another degree.

What is/was your occupation? I work in health insurance. I work a lot. If you are in my health plan, and you get a prior auth, you're welcome :)

Want to tell us a little about your family? Married. We have four legged children (dogs, cats, horses)

Where do you live? Just outside of Louisville, KY (literally JUST outside, the Jefferson/Oldham County line is down the street)

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? I love true crime. Investigation Discovery is my favorite. I am currently obsessed with solving the JonBenet murder.

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous? Moved from home, from my family and friends to a city I had only BEEN to once.

What is your most outstanding personal trait? I am loyal to a fault.

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing? I was involved for many years. I retired.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close? I have, quite a few.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? I have been to a lot of HUGE races, but my most memorables are my Derbys. Nothing gives you goosebumps like hearing my Old Kentucky Home during the post parade.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? Thunder Gulch.

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM? See above.

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing? N/A

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? I have. I have shown hunters. I have ponied (which is different than just working with racehorses)

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? 2006 (Year 16)

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? Social aspect. Made some fantastic friends. 4 Simsters were either in or at my wedding.

Do you have a specific goal in mind? Domination.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? Turf Milers.

What do you find most frustrating about the game? I am really good at breeding donkeys.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? Some I've hated. Some I've loved. All I've adapted to. (P.S. Can we have gallop comments right away again?)

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? Turf Milers. I have some turf routers, I have dabbled and will continue to dabble in other divisions, but won't ever focus on them.

Do you have a favorite division? Turf Milers.

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? Mexican Wedding. She wasn't the greatest racehorse of all time, but she was a barn building broodmare. She was also a gift early on from Jolene.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? The SC Juvenile Turf/Turf Mile Double. OR when I won a dirt marathon SC... who'd have thunk it?

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? I have. I decided I'd miss the people. So I just decreased numbers.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? I will give away nice allowance/stakes horses to new players if my gut tells me nice things.

What do you want most from the SIM? Keep makin' friends.

"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Bob Green
Turf Router

Post by Bob Green »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?) It's the same

Is your player name different from your real life name? Different last name.

How old are you? 41

What is your highest level of education? BS

What is/was your occupation? I tell my kids I just play on a computer all day, some of them still half believe me. I work at a manufacturing plant and do a lot of the setup/scheduling work between getting orders and making parts.

Want to tell us a little about your family? We are a few weeks from our 15th anniversary and have five kids ranging from 11 to 3 years old. If things are quiet at home you KNOW that somewhere something is happening that shouldn’t be…

Where do you live? Iowa. Or, as a repair tech who used to come frequently to work on some of our machines liked to say, “This isn’t quite the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here.”

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? I’ve always been a bookworm, I love a good book. Beyond that, it’s hard to find time for hobbies with five kids. I used to play a lot of slow pitch softball and rec league basketball but my knees hate me too much to do that anymore.

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous? I’ll take the ‘cheesy’ route here and just say my wife and kids. I still have days when I’m just thrilled she’s still here after almost losing her to cancer a few years ago.

I’m quiet, oh so very quiet.

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing? No.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close? No.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? Never been to a race.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? Nope.

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM? FATE!!! I was playing a game on a website with several cheesy sports sims, one of them was a horseracing sim. One evening, after playing the horseracing sim on that site for awhile, I decided on a whim to google for horseracing sims just to see what was out there. I signed up for the SIM and haven’t looked back since.

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing?
Nope.

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities?
I’ve watched a couple of my kids ride a tame old horse for a few minutes on a school field trip, does that count?

SIM

What game year did you join the SIM? Year 29.

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? I’ve played a few other sim/management type games and never liked how it felt like I had to constantly be online or risk ‘falling behind’ in some way. I enjoy the ability to cut back and reduce the time I need to spend if I need to.

Do you have a specific goal in mind? Right now I’d like to win a SC with a TB. I’ve won with mixers, still looking for that first TB cup though. Once I meet that goal I’m sure I’ll have no problem finding another.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? Spending all my Sim $ without having a clue where it went... :shock:

What do you find most frustrating about the game? When I set my expectations too high for a favorite yearling and they end up struggling to break their maiden.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? I’ve loved most of them. The few I disliked I’ve mostly learned to appreciate.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? I have Appaloosas, all distances, and have at least a few horses in most of the TB divisions, everything but dirt milers, AW sprinters and AW milers. No plans on getting involved in more or dropping any.

Right now it’s my Appy sprinters, they’ve been treating me well.

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? Not really. I’ve had a couple nice horses, but none that really made my barn.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? Not so much proud to win this particular race, but sure tickled at HOW I won it, it’s not often somebody sweeps the board in a SC.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? Not really, I’ve drastically cut back a couple times when I felt overwhelmed but never really considered anything more than that.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? Nothing at all. I’m old, boring and predictable, at least that’s what my younger brother tells me.

A mare like Lore. That’s all. :)

Would you like to share a photo of yourself? Nope. Too lazy
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

I HAVE TO HYPE YOU GUYS UP TO MEET ME IN CALI FOR THE BREEDERS CUP IN A FEW WEEKS. WHOS PUMPED

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?)
Mim Tatthews

Is your player name different from your real life name?
Probably

How old are you?
69-50

What is your highest level of education?
PhD in endocrinology from the School of Hard Knocks

What is/was your occupation?
owning people online

Want to tell us a little about your family?
I was raised by polar bears in the artic circle and fed off of only salmon and ice chunks, which is why my heart is so strong and my blood so pure

Where do you live?
I'm going to school in Morris, Minnesota, which is a small town situated on the western outskirts of the planet Mars

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share?
no, this forum is my life

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?
owning kay o. johnson

hav9ng an extremley intelligent & good brain

I didn't even know horseracing existed in real life. How is that legal? Seems inhumane.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM?

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM?
Fav thing is getting my * routinely kicked by Art Vandelay

Do you have a specific goal in mind?
to see a peaceful resolution favoring the Palestinians, and also to democratize the economy and bring about true, unflinching, leftist reforms in governance. oh you meant in the sim? kinda the same thing

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game?
No

What do you find most frustrating about the game?
Scott

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player?
well, the bourgeoisie of the SIM has only accumulated wealth and shut out all but a select few players who make certain connections early and play the game a very specific way. But outside of that i think the changes have been good

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any?
I don't recognize mixed breeds as legitimate

foals

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM?
yes <3 http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=217793

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win?
Yes, I'm very proud to have won 13 Steward's Cup Classics, including 6 of the last 7.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return?
Josh Lamp, but now that he's gone i dont know what to do

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player?
Paul Heinrich, esteemed Hall of Fame simster, is my great-great grandfather

to not get banned, and for everyone to see my sweet forum signatures

add me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/matthew.koopman2

me when i'm entering my horses against yours/when i'm owning you online: Image
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Don't even try to top that, folks!
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

lol Tim. We can always count on you for a good laugh.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

How am *I* frustrating?!?!
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Scott Eiland wrote:How am *I* frustrating?!?!
Because he adores you but you won't marry him and give him babies.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Cleo Patra wrote:
Scott Eiland wrote:How am *I* frustrating?!?!
Because he adores you but you won't marry him and give him babies.
I'm against straight marriage!
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Makes you wonder (Tim)?

Heredity or environment?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Honest Abe's a smart guy, but I'm not sure even he knows how much he just owned this thread....and perhaps even the SIM in general.
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

You're in COLLEGE already?! Jesus I feel old.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

And Tim just made me feel extremely old ...
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Bumping this, because I hope more will participate. It's a blast reading about everyone who has posted!