Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Re: Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Post by Chris Everett »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?)
One an the same.

Is your player name different from your real life name?
Yup, last name is different.

How old are you?

What is your highest level of education?
BA in Game Design end of the month.

What is/was your occupation?
So many things, dirt digger, dish washer, waitress, tech support.

Want to tell us a little about your family?
Mom, dad, sister, three brothers and numerous nieces plus a few nephews.

Where do you live?
Good question, im in between right now in Florida.

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share?
Games. RPGs and first person shooters. I enjoy the competition.

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?
Finishing this BS. I did this all for myself. I have a AAS that I did for my mom but well, that drew no attention.

What is your most outstanding personal trait?
Once upon a time it was I cared a lot. Then people thought I was a rug. Now? Attention to detail would be the thing I would say. To much OCDness on things.

REAL LIFE HORSES/HORSE RACING

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing?
All my life i've loved horse racing. When I was little I did shows.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close?
Nope, never had the chance sadly.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?
I've actually never been to a track to watch races till recently.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)?
Sunday Silence, WInning Colors.

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM?
I was researching horse breeding and came across this little gem.

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing?
Even more so than before.

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities?
Shows when i was little.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM?
Hmm end of year 25 I believe.

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM?
All the different breeds. I adore paints and arabs so its my little indulgence.

Do you have a specific goal in mind?
Hmm, I want to win a TB SC intentionally. I have one but that was a surprise unintentional.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game?
Not really, that slide is mean as a junkyard dog to me.

What do you find most frustrating about the game?
That slide...

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player?
Well, frustration. I'd have something and then things would change and I would get the shaft basically was my feelings. Still not even sure why there's broodmare BS tags.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any?
Paints, Arabs, QHs and TBs. All distances in the mixers and turf in the TBs.

Do you have a favorite division?
My paints and arabs, cant really put one over the other.

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM?
I want to say Steel Toe Boots. She gave me the wonderful Damascus Sword and Adamantium Plate.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win?
The DTS with Adam. Best day of my sim life.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return?
At one time it was Steph, she kept me going because honestly, there are a lot of bullies that were doing it because no one told them no. You find that in the online culture, now a days its called trolls. Now? I just take a step back, i've had to because of schooling, which means i've reduced my racing stable to those that are stakes or better and leave the rest to marinate.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player?
Not sure there's anything I can actually put here. I really want to make games, rpgs and what not.

What do you want most from the SIM?
Well that's a tough question. I want to be out there winning some of the biggest races. Not gonna happen but it's still a dream.

Would you like to share a photo of yourself?
Nope, sorry.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?) Nikki Everdeen

Is your player name different from your real life name? Yes though my first name is the same.

How old are you? 31

What is your highest level of education? Bachelor's Degree

What is/was your occupation? Marketing

Want to tell us a little about your family? Just myself, my husband and our three cats

Where do you live? Just outside of Philadelphia

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? Photography

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing? Yes, I've been involved in horse racing (thanks to Kids to the Cup) since I was 16 years old. I currently am the marketing director for the horsemen's association at Parx Racing

Have you met any famous racehorses up close? A lot!

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? Tiznow's second Breeders' Cup Classic was pretty impressive.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? Catinca

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? Part of my job is marketing for the retirement program at Parx Racing, Turning for Home

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? Year 16

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? It's a break from real life

Do you have a specific goal in mind? I really want to win the series of G1 races in Australia for 2yo turf sprinters

What do you find most frustrating about the game? Lately it's been the need for training on a regular basis. I constantly feel like I'm behind, even with being able to schedule training in advance.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? I usually end up liking all of the changes (other than the previous question)

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? Pretty much every mixed breed, as well as TB turf sprinters, turf milers, turf routers, dirt milers and dirt routers

Do you have a favorite division? Turf sprinters

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? Desert Victory

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? I was absolutely ecstatic to win the Instant Millions Juvenile this year.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? I've felt like leaving a few times just from being overwhelmed, but I could never leave because I'm addicted...lol.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Mike Springer
Classic Contender

Post by Mike Springer »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?)
Same
Nope
How old are you?
I have a couple of Associate degrees
I own a small business with my sister and her husband
Grew up with 2 sisters(1 older, 1 younger) and my mom. Stepfather joined the party when I was about 11-12.
I currently live with my girlfriend and our 2 dogs Maggie and Otis

Where do you live?
I live and 1 hour north of Del Mar and 1 hour south of Santa Anita
Racing cars online, aquascaping(I am addicted to fish tanks), I am a big sports nut so I follow most sports.
What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?
Saved up and bought a house when I was 20.
I don't know I am going to have to ask around.
I am an INTP so I tend to be awkward.

Became a fan because of the sim.
I am afraid of horses in general so I won't get up in it's face and say hello. My family had 3 horses when I was going up and I never rode them or anything. I played with the goat instead. I have been around California Chrome a couple of times.
What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?
I guess it would be last weekends BC races.
The ones that match my betting ticket numbers, other than that no I haven't got emotionally invested in one yet.

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing?
Oh Yeah
Besides hitting on the girls that rode on horses around my town, nope.

SIM
Year 29
Winning, I like that it's so competitive.
Have fun, I have no exceptions from the game. I play it cause it brings me joy. The moment I expect something from it is the moment it'll be disappointing to me.
I have mastered clicking the login button after that it's a crap-shoot.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player?
Changes are fine. I like the fact that the changes make you reassess how to play the game.
What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any?
Started with dirt milers but I really enjoy turf routers now. I race most of the thoroughbred divisions.
Dirt milers and Turf routers
Kingdom of Rust, bought him in year 37, won some big races and is now producing fast horses. I believe he was the 2nd or 3rd turf router I had raced so he taught me a lot. Without him I don't get Just an Act.
Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win?
Year 40 Desert Turf Classic. So I am in chat because I finally have a horse in a race that is being broadcast. Em set the call up perfectly I thought I didn't have a chance halfway through that race. He came from way back and the rail to win it, take a look. http://www.simhorseracing.com/raceviewe ... eID=529241
If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return?
nope
What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player?
I have no clue
Good horses like everybody

You have to meet me to see me
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?) Amy Springsteen

Is your player name different from your real life name? Yes.

How old are you? 40

What is your highest level of education? B.S. in I.T. Management

What is/was your occupation? Mobile Device Management Administrator

Want to tell us a little about your family? I got married in January to the most amazing guy in the world. We eloped to Puerto Rico and did a 10 day Cruise from San Juan, through the West Indies back to Baltimore. We have 2 senior chihuahuas, a cat and a blue and gold macaw.

Where do you live? Crystal Spring, PA - Between Breezewood, PA and Hagerstown, MD

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? Travel, travel, travel and boating!

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous? Just bought my first house in May of 2015.

What is your most outstanding personal trait? I am very straight forward and have never been accused of trying to baffle anyone with BS. What you see is what you get.

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing?I've been a fan since I was 6 years old.

Have you met any famous racehorses up close? Arch Arch Arch!

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? Arkansas Derby in April of 2011 with Leonard Beagle and Doc.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? Snow Chief, Kip Deville, The Factor, Graydar, Rockport Harbor, Curlin, Hard Spun, High Cotton, Lost in the Fog, Silver Train, many others.

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing? It's weird, because I'm probably less enamored with horse racing than ever.

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? I had a pony when I was little lol.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? 16

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? Seeing my homebreds win. Picking the color and markings of my foals and naming horses.

Do you have a specific goal in mind? I want to eliminate all stock that does not register as a Freak or a Blue Hen from my barn. I get closer to this goal every year.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? QH Sprinters

What do you find most frustrating about the game? Freaks that under perform or losing a race by a nose (very common in QH racing).

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? Most have been great, some not so much. I hate the way people find loopholes and abuse them.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? I have finessed my barn down to only QH Sprinters with the occasional QH mid distance runner.

Do you have a favorite division? QH Sprinters

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? There are many. Untamed, Snake, Cancelled, Bebelle, Ain't Dead Yet, Bonnar, etc.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? I love winning SC races with my QHs more than I ever did with TBs

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? I've really thinned down my barn to where I only have 20 runners at a pop. I've had someone run my barn for me for a couple of SIM years. My engagement with the SIM kind of ebbs and flows with the rest of my life.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? I've won the Arc and the SC Classic.

What do you want most from the SIM? I'm pretty happy with the way things are currently. I would like to see it kept status quo for a while.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Danny Warren
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Danny Warren »

PERSONAL

Danny Warren

Nope, that's me !!

How old are you?

Age is only a number....something you try to believe when you get past 30 !!

Depends on what you call education, but completed my studies in Journalism

Before my health issues arose, I was a sports writer and photographer.... one day I'll try and put a few photos I've taken up :)

Not really given what happened.....but as for the rest, my Grandfather was a jockey who at one stage rode the immortal Ajax in trackwork, I have an uncle who was one of the best picnic jockeys in my state (he won 10 Merton Cups and has the name raced after him!), my other Grandfather used to work with a bookmaker, another uncle is an owner, and my mum, dad, brother and I used to have a tiny piece of quite a few racehorses, one of which beat Melbourne Cup winner Brew at level weights at the Cup distance !!
But at the moment, it's just me, my two dogs Devil and Teddy and my therapy cat Cupcake who is basically a sweetheart, but has claws which could slice a tank into pieces !!

Where do you live?

Coleraine...which is in the South West of Victoria in Australia

Hmm, that's a good question !
I am a huge sports nut, played over 400 games of aussie rules footy and some cricket and basketball, but aussie rules, horse racing in all its forms, greyhound racing, netball and Formula One are probably my favourite sports.
Apart from that, with my 'wellness issues', I'm a bit restricted, but watching old movies including the silents, listening to music I enjoy, taking sport and racing photos, drinking Iced Coffee's, playing the PS3 and trying to get well again are my main things right now.

That's a tough one....but playing aussie rules from the age of 4 until my condition forced me to retire would be up there, had nearly every injury imaginable, but even now, I'd give up near anything to play again, but away from that, probably finishing Runner Up in our state's media awards for Best Sports Story after having only written it to months into learning to be a journalist would rank right up there.....I do prefer to be called a writer rather than a journalist though, most journalists I've met tend to have been only after the sensational, and often completely ignored writing positive stories for the sake of it.

You would have to ask other people about me really to get the answer, but I do try to see the good in everything and help people where I can, if I can.
So I don't know, hopefully others would say kindness, honesty and loyalty......I probably have too warped a sense of humour to claim that hahaha

I love it, always have :)
When I was a baby, my mum would put me in what we call a bouncer her....its basically somewhere where you can gently rock or the baby can kick along themselves they like on some netting....but the only thing which would keep me quiet on a Saturday was to plonk me in front of the tv where I'd babble along 'calling' the races!
As I said above, my family one way or the other has had quite a bit of involvement, at the moment I'm the volunteer but official photographer for our race club and on the committee :)

Lots and lots.....Melbourne Cup winners, Caulfield Cup winners, Cox Plate winners,.....too many to mention individually, but none for a little while except Gingerboy, who I met having his first jumps start here in Coleraine last year (he won by as far as you could throw a rock) and then this year came out and won one of our most important hurdles, The Galleywood Hurdle :)

Seen a couple of Cox Plates and Guineas.....most memorable though was when I took my young brother to watch the Turnbull Stakes at Flemington....little genius (who's now a good 6 inches taller than me) picked the first three winners and I've never seen a kid so happy :)......another was watching our little filly, SImulation, win her maiden....she drew barrier 16 on a very tight course, sneaked in as 2nd emergency just to get a run, blew the start by about 5-6 lengths, was still last on the turn, and rocketed home to get them about 2 strides from the post....that was fun, great memory, and then the last race that day was run in fog so thick the racecaller couldn't see them until half a furlong from the post !!

Lots and lots..... hard to pick them all out, but Dulcify as a kid was probably my favourite, he won his first race at 330/1 and eventually looked on the verge of dominating Aussie racing until he broke his pelvis in the Melbourne Cup...people here go mad about Kingstown Town winning 3 Cox Plates, well Dulcify win the won before he came along by a very conservative 8 lengths, was more like 15...but the King would have got whiplash from Dulcify zooming away if he lived....and don;t worry Kingston Town is one of my fave's !!
I didn't stop crying for a week after Dulcify died....I still can't watch his Cox Plate without bursting into tears, and I've never been able to watch that Melbourne Cup again...

Not applicable, but was curious as to its realism when I made the decision to play, and have been so impressed, its definitely the best around.

If watching, feeding and petting counts !!
Mum and dad have quite a few at their farm, including my beautiful old mare Nelly :)

SIM

28 I think

The people in here are wonderful...sure there's different opinions at times, but that's only natural, but by and large everyone is friendly and willing to help others.
I also just really love the amount of work our Steward and all her various helpers do to make this one of the great places to be and as accurate as possible to RL racing :)

After my retched run in RL forced me away for a little while, I'm recently back but lost all the horses I had just when I started to think I had a worthwhile stable....so I guess it's to rebuild and try and get going again now, and I have to say a big thanks to those who have sent me back some of my old horses and to everyone, including the Steward who have offered to help and have helped me as I try and get back on my feet again.

Probably having the skill to breed horses who couldn't win a race on a carousel hahahaha
But I guess I do ok at trying to place my horses in their races so they have a chance to at least bring home a cheque, takes a bit of effort once you have a heap of horses like I once had, but like anything, its amazing how much 'luckier' you become when you work hard at it :)

I don't think you should get frustrated really unless you have an unrealistic view of things.
Does not winning or a horse running a poor race bother me, sure, same as anyone, but there a lot of owners and a lot of horses here, and only one (bar a dead heat) wins each race, so I'm just happy to see them run, and if they go well, then that's awesome :)
My only frustration tends to come at galloping time when the entire crop of superstars I thought I bred turn out to trip over themselves walking in a straight line.....but then that's all part of the realism of the game.....champions are champions because they don't come along that often.

My overall feeling is that they have all been made in an effort to improve realism.....you have to realise that horse racing is one almighty difficult thing in real life, and so many things can effect results and the health even of your horse.
I think the Steward and her helpers have done a great job with all that, and while some of them may frustrate some people, they make these decisions for the good of the game and to try and keep improving...we as owner/trainers need to operate and adjust as necessary, just like when things change in RL racing.

Oh I'm the 'jack of all trades', I have a go at each of them and probably not that great at any hahahahaha
But why I understand why people play the game with the goal of doing well in one area and concentrating hard to specialise and make that happen, I like being able to be involved with all of them....its all a learning experience constantly and having everyone play with different plans in mind is part of the charm :)

Not especially, but I have a soft spot for the AW milers and the steeplechasers.
The AW milers because my first really nice horse was a CAH welcome gift to me when I first started playing, and my Winter Olympics gave me so much joy both as a racehorse and at stud....I've no idea where he or half his youngsters are now, but that's no one's fault but my own RL, so I don't begrudge anyone who may be having some luck with any I bred before I had to take a break.
I love the steeplechasers just because I do in RL as well, and here in Australia, us supporters seem to have one horrendous battle with a bunch of professional protesters who are trying to shut the sport down....I could go on about that for hours, but the short version is that they claim a care for the horses and yet do not a single thing to actually benefit any....all the money they raise from their chest beating goes to them, not a single cent of what they pulled in has gone to help research or to feed a horse in a paddock or anything....just infuriates me !!

I had a few nice one's, well I thought they were anyway, but no world beaters, but WInter Olympics, Slip Her A Nip, Aqua Marina and a few others I guess did quite well for me.....its actually my greatest regret from my break that I lost them from my barn.

I like winning anything from maidens up, they all are a little special to me, but my two fave's would be when ol' Winter Olympics just before his retirement won his Gr.1, that was definitely a huge highlight,, also his 3rd in the Stewards Cup or when he ran 5th in maybe the best standard Stewards Cup AW mile ever run.... and Slip Her A Nip winning the Los Campeones Junior Sprint definitely made me feel like I was starting to get a nice group in my barn

Sadly it did happen due to a disastrous time in RL (Work driven nervous breakdown which has led to some terrible mental health problems and a horrible marriage collapse for starters), which has yet to be resolved, but I didn't intend to leave....just that everything left me curled up in a ball to the point I could barely function, but lately it really hit me just how much being here meant to me, and I dragged myself to try and come back to try and bring some little normality back again......I'm still a wreck and most days can't even go outside for the fear, but being back is definitely a step forward I hope.

As a player, I doubt anything would be a surprise with what I tried to make work to be honest haha
As a person, maybe that for all my shyness and quietness, the thing that seems to help me most when I'm really feeling awful is listening to my favourite monster rock band from Finland, Lordi !
Usually I can listen to most music, and they are about as hard rock as I like, but for some reason a bunch of musicians dressed up as various monsters seems to calm me down !!

Honestly, just fun and a challenge.....it is a game after all, so I don't expect or want anything from the game, just to enjoy it, and I always have and do :)
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I am really late to the party; I meant to do this and totally forgot. Whoops!

Rebecca Rose Hepburn

Yup ;)

How old are you?
I just turned 30

Some college but I didn’t get a degree

Accounting Assistant.

My Dad’s a retired programmer. He lives about 20 minutes away from me so we see each other at least once a week. My Mom passed away when I was 14. I have a step-mom, step-brother and step-sister. My dad and my step-mom have been together for like 14 years, married for 9 of them. I really love my step family, I think I got very lucky with them.

My Mom’s side of the family is Jewish. Most of them are Orthodox so I’m very much the black sheep of the family

Where do you live?
A city called Torrance. It’s in the greater Los Angeles area. It’s about 30 minutes south of where Hollywood Park used to be.

I love to read and play video games. I also play Pathfinder, which is a tabletop game like DnD. I love football and basketball. My teams are the Packer and the Lakers, and UCLA in any college divisions.

Graduating High School on time with the rest of my class. I missed most of my freshman year after my Mom died so it was a long struggle to get caught up. I did a lot of summer school.

I’m friendly and I have a good sense of humor.

Just a fan

I’ve been able to pet Zenyatta, Beholder, Lava Man, Cigar and Nyquist on the nose. I also got to see Storm Cat up close and personal but we all kept our distance ;)

I saw American Pharoah win the Triple Crown at Belmont. It was amazing. I also got to see Zenyatta win the Classic.

Zenyatta and Lava Man will always be special. So will Magnificience, Cambiocorsa, Hollywood Story and Somethinaboutlaura. Current runners I like are Dortmund, California Chrome and Tepin.

Sadly no. I don’t get a lot of opportunities to be around horses outside of going to the race track. That’s the bad thing about living in LA.

SIM
Year 17

I love the social aspect. I’ve made some wonderful friends during my time here. This game lets me live out my fantasy of being a top racehorse owner, because that’s not happening in real life

I’ve got a list of a couple of races I’d like to win, like the Derby and the SC Classic. I would love to break the world record for a mile on the grass

I am a lot better at turf milers than anything else

How long it can take to break into certain divisions. I’ve been working on my dirt routers for a long time

By and large they’ve been very positive
My main ones are turf milers, dirt routers, pacers and all the pain divisions. I’m going to start picking up more AW milers.

Turf milers

Can’t Live in Fear

Rilian winning the SC Mile for a second year in a row was amazing

I’ve thought about it, but I can’t imagine leaving something i’ve put so much time, effort and love into. And I think my friends would bop me on the head

That my first SC win was with a dirt sprinter

I would really like to win the Derby.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-mkSp ... sp=sharing
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Rafa Usoz
Classic Contender

Post by Rafa Usoz »

Rafa Usoz

No

How old are you?

University, don´t know in english ;)

Winemaker

I live alone

Where do you live?
In Rioja, Spain

Riding bycicle

The wines I make ;)

Friendly

Yes, have a mare and sell the yearling every year

No

Prix Diane at Longchamp

Frankel

No

SIM
Year 28

Breeding my horses

SC Turf sprint

I like Turf sprinters

Nothing special, it´s great

By and large they’ve been very positive

My main ones are turf sprinters and arabians

Turf sprinter

No

My first SC, Hold fast

I haven´t’ve thought about it

Don´t know, I´m not very involved because of my english

-

Don´t know how to do it, search me in facebook ;)
Quilombo - Turf Sprinter 35.000 $
Nations Pride- Turf Sprinter/AW Sprinter 35.000 $
Rajselam - Turf Sprinter 25.000 $
Quiebro - Turf Sprinter 19.000 $
Sahabudeen - Arabian Sprinter 35.000 $
Soussyy - Arabian Router 35.000 $
Mats Jonsson
Classic Contender

Post by Mats Jonsson »

Rafa! a winemaker who live in the district Rioja *wow*... think I must pay you a visit ;)

It's a lot nearby and cheaper to Spain than Canada or U.S ;)

Thx to both RRH and Rafa for this 2 last posts... my favourite thread!
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress.
You're still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying.
Mats Jonsson
Classic Contender

Post by Mats Jonsson »

FHS (For heavens Sake) ~ send me a msg and i'll coming down to you, My mother have a resisdent i Torreviesha in southern Spain, so i'll sleep there.
Pls invite me Rafa!
Mats Jonsson
Classic Contender

Post by Mats Jonsson »

... and for you american folks.. hrmmm.. that don't know about wine... thr district of Rioja is the best in world!!

sorry to them who know, but have to point it out!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Rafa Usoz wrote: Winemaker
Cool! I didn't know you were in the wine industry, though I should have guessed by the names of some of your horses! My boyfriend is a winemaker as well... Though the climate is just a bit different here than in Rioja :wink:
Anyway... That's pretty awesome. Hope your harvest went well!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rafa Usoz
Classic Contender

Post by Rafa Usoz »

Hi Matt, you are invited of course, drop me a message if you ever come.
Great Laura, of Canada I´ve only tasted Inniskillin, great wine ;)
Quilombo - Turf Sprinter 35.000 $
Nations Pride- Turf Sprinter/AW Sprinter 35.000 $
Rajselam - Turf Sprinter 25.000 $
Quiebro - Turf Sprinter 19.000 $
Sahabudeen - Arabian Sprinter 35.000 $
Soussyy - Arabian Router 35.000 $
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Thanks for sharing Rafa!
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?) Same as forum

Is your player name different from your real life name? Nope!

How old are you? Almost 30. :/

What is your highest level of education? Associates in basically general ed

What is/was your occupation? Docent, hopefully eventually a paid educator

Want to tell us a little about your family? My father is Josh Bordeaux, some of you guys have probably talked to him on here! My mother is a health aide at a school for the handicapped, and my brother is finishing up college in a region colloquially termed the 'Emerald Triangle'

Where do you live? I live in the 'no. FresNO.

Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? For a long time, rabbits were the love of my life, and by heaven almighty I will have rabbits again. I'm also way into scrabble (I'm a tournament player, albeit inactive), and I love certain types of extreme metal music. Also have been picking up Pokemon stuff over the past year or so, after being out of the franchise for like 15 years.

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous? Actually becoming a docent at the local zoo. Seriously, it means a lot.

What is your most outstanding personal trait? I assume intelligence, but, uh, that may be an overrated trait in this day an age in some respects.

(RL HORSE QUESTIONS EXPURGATED)

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM? It's kinda my brother's fault I got into this sort of thing. My brother was on Trophyhorse back in like 2006 and I joined in early 2007. I was pretty active there for a year or two, then I started dabbling here in the SIM, and eventually switched completely from Trophyhorse to the SIM, inspired by people such as Laura Cameron and Mary Whalen.

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing? Not super much, honestly, though I probably wouldn't mind actually seeing a BC with Sim people.

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? Not really, though I spent time around my brother's horses before he moved out.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? 2008

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? The people (mostly) and the feels.

Do you have a specific goal in mind? Not really, other than to not completely suck. I consider myself mildly successful at that goal.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? TURF! Also occasionally silly names. (i.e. all of Nyan Cat's foals are going to be named after TwitchPlaysPokemon references)

What do you find most frustrating about the game? SLACKER BLUE HEN AND STAR MARES. Thankfully my formidable mares are all like, "don't worry bro, we got this."

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? I've generally liked them!

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? I'm completely thoroughbred and dominantly turf, though I do have dirt milers and routers as well. Not planning on adding or dropping any

Do you have a favorite division? Turf route is love, turf route is life.

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? Uh. I guess I could say like my first SC winner Chord of Pity or my first homebred SC winner To Sirius, both of whom were complete slides that shocked the hell outta me.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? THE YEAR 32 STEWARD'S CUP TURF. I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENED

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? Don't really have a clear answer to this, because I haven't truly given leaving serious thought as far as I can recall. Granted, I have randomly disappeared for spells (the middle of Y45 a perfect example) but I've never really wanted to quit quit, regardless of how much I got frustrated and whined at people in chat (I'm so sorry!)

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? As much as I complain about many of my foal crops, I don't think I've ever bred a different career horse.

What do you want most from the SIM? Dang this is a hard question for some reason. I think I just want something that gives me a little bit more to do during the day when I want it. I'm here to have fun, even if my neurotic competitive nature can sometimes try to ruin it.

Oh wait.

No, that's not it either.

There we go.
I have a stable full of cats
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

RE: BRIAN LEAVITT

Brian also does local trivia contests along with the big yearly trivia contest (held in April?), where he is a member of a highly competitive team. In high school, he also competed in the Academic Decathlon and as a Senior, led his team to the championship for their division. In the same year, he received an award for...well, being his own smart self. Can't remember the name of the special award from the Acadec competitions. I remember taking him out to dinner afterwards and he looked like Michael Phelps, walking in with seven or eight (maybe more) medals hanging from his neck. He even had his photo and a long story written about him for the Acadec competition on the front page of the Fresno Bee. Talk about pressure to live up to the hype!

Have I embarrassed you enough yet, Brian? Huh?