Me Playing Violin

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Me Playing Violin

Post by Carole Hanson »

Title says it all really :lol: Thought some might enjoy this and I felt good about my playing today so I decided to record some of my practice

This is the exposition (the part where 2 main themes of the movement are 'exposed') of the first movement of the Mozart Violin Concerto in D Major (No.4). I am playing this totally solo but usually it is performed with orchestra or piano accompaniment. In the video you will see that I stop and go back to do a bit again (and thankfully it's much better the 2nd time around!) since I treated this more like practice than a performance and if I can go back and fix it then why not! ;) I recorded this on an iPhone so the video and sound quality aren't amazing, plus the room was very boomy which helped sometimes but some of the shorter, quicker notes weren't as articulated as they sounded next to my ear :P

Anyway, it's not perfect but I'm pretty happy with it, hope you all enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jzcf9g ... e=youtu.be

P.S. The video is on 'Private' so if you can't see it please let me know. Also please don't share it outside of the SIM, I'm not particularly comfortable with my playing being out there. Thank you!
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Me Playing Violin

Post by Fern Thompson »

I was looking forward to listening to your music, but the link won't work.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

! This Video Is Unavailabe
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I'm gonna try to fix it now, bare with me!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ok I've put it on unlisted now, it should work I hope!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Bravo!!!
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

This is beautiful, and thank you for sharing. I love classical music. This was really relaxing.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thank you both for the kind words! Also glad it works now :lol:
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

1. Wow you're REALLY good
2. The fact that you didn't look a dead ringer for Carole Hanson from the books/show kinda bummed me out LOL.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Gave ya a thumbs up : ) Thanks for posting. My fondest wish was to play a musical instrument quite well... I took piano and mandolin and guitar lessons, unfortunately, my fingers are rather short...could barely Barely...reach an octave on a piano. Later in life with the mandolin and guitar, I found my fingers just were not working like they should. I had a ligament issue in one of my ring fingers and arthritis had set in, that wasn't really noticeable until I started to use my fingers to push down on strings, and hold a pick for any amount of time.

But at least I got some music appreciation out of the lessons that allowed me to understand a bit more about music than what I did before I learned to play (at a basic level) some of the classical pieces. I never really listened to classical music before piano lessons, and afterwards, I found I rather enjoyed the genre. I think my favorite classical piece is Spring from Vivaldi's Four Seasons. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thank you all so much! :mrgreen: Ahaha I'm about as opposite of 'Saddle Club' Carole Hanson as you can get :lol:

I'm sorry to hear you had to stop playing Stormy but I'm glad you got to have that experience and you have some love for classical music now! I think injuries in musicians are much more talked about and observed these days, it seemed to have been a taboo topic in the past. Thankfully, there's lots of awareness now of how to practice safely and how to make sure you are playing in a correct way so I'm lucky so far to have not incurred any injuries (touch wood!).
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

That was Fantastic!!! I am speechless...amazing Talent/Skills :)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thank you Kent! :)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Wonderful, Carole, I enjoyed it so much! Thanks for sharing!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thanks Lori, glad you enjoyed it! :D