Retired Racehorse Project (TB Makeover)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Retired Racehorse Project (TB Makeover)

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Have you been? Have you competed? I've been twice and it is the single best weekend of my year. Probably because it is my only real vacation and it is the same weekend as opening day at Keeneland. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m96iU74qiW0

We have four going this year. Reap a.k.a Reap, Nero a.k.a Sudden Urges, Banjo a.k.a One Man Band, and Harper - Sacred Harp. :D This is our biggest group to date, and I am already super excited. The video above will introduce them to you. :) I'm so excited!

Retired Racehorse Project is basically a huge expo doted to retired Thoroughbreds or OTTBs. It's a ton of fun and those looking for their next mount it is a great time to do that as many are usually up for adoption. It's growing annually.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Retired Racehorse Project (TB Makeover)

Post by Rochelle Bos »

❤️❤️❤️ LOVE! This is actually my dream :D good luck!!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Good luck! I briefly thought about pursuing it with my guy 2 years ago but then I tore my ACL and also shipping to Kentucky from here sounded really hard. It was a very brief thought, ha.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

My horse has been off the track for over two years and can't even walk around the ring now without leaping into the air so...no.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I owned (a very) small part in a racehorse some seven or eight years ago. He was of British origin, found in a pasture in a small rural village in Suffolk when he was still a big young horse. He had a nice pedigree, his dam being a black type. He did become too big for the racecourse though and his trainer (Jessica Long) being a wise horse-person saw his potential as a riding horse and took him off the track when he was four years old, having had raced decently but fairly lightly. Two wins on eleven tries.

His new owner (the skilled amateur-jockey Jessica Wadst) re-schooled him as a showjumper. He turned out super ambitious (to the point of almost being -too- ambitious) and very careful. Eventually competing over 130 centimeters show-jumping. By the end of 2017 he got sold to top level eventing-rider Victoria Carlebäck and he's now competing on international level eventing.

Here's pictures from an indoors competition by the end of 2018 where he was 2nd beaten only by seconds: https://www.tidningenridsport.se/proffs ... a-flyinge/ (bay horse with Victoria Carlebäck in green/red)

A small video clip I found on facebook (public setting). It's from an indoors training session a year ago but I think one may easily spot his fire, will and intelligence taking on these challenging jumps. https://www.facebook.com/AleDjurklinik/ ... 348057923/

I saw him compete in showjumping together with Jessica Wadst in my hometown some years ago, now there's a chance I may see him on national TV! :D

Best of luck to you Alyssa, it sounds really, really fun. Loved the video. I Think Reap is my favourite, but it was hard to choose only one. They all seem so sweet, and Harp is beautiful with his chestnut colour and blaze and socks too. Good luck! <3
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Wow, Ash that is amazing! I love this breed so much they are ready to try anything most of the time. My favorite event is the barrel and endurance trail since you don't normally think about a Thoroughbred doing western events, but they're almost perfect since they have the speed and endurance depending on how well they're trained. :)

I'll have to post photos. So far nothing as crazy as Zenyatta's firstborn, but who knows who will be there.

Em that would be a neat place to market the SIM if you guys were ever able to make it to Lexington.
COMING SOON

COMING SOON

COMING SOON
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Alyssa Lapa wrote: 5 years ago
Em that would be a neat place to market the SIM if you guys were ever able to make it to Lexington.
We have given them thousand(s) in ad money. They know us well ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

lol I should know it was in their magazine that I learned about the SIM :P
COMING SOON

COMING SOON

COMING SOON
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Alyssa Lapa wrote: 5 years ago lol I should know it was in their magazine that I learned about the SIM :P
THIS IS THE BEST INFO EVER haha! I had no idea it reached anyone!
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 5 years ago

A small video clip I found on facebook (public setting). It's from an indoors training session a year ago but I think one may easily spot his fire, will and intelligence taking on these challenging jumps. https://www.facebook.com/AleDjurklinik/ ... 348057923/

Oh, I Think I´ve seen him! That video is from where I work ... ;)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 5 years ago
Ash Tarasin wrote: 5 years ago

Oh, I Think I´ve seen him! That video is from where I work ... ;)

<3
(I didn't make the connection when I posted the video, but now you're mentioning it, I do have a memory of you saying you worked at Ale Djurklinik. :)
D.m Henderson
Two Year Old

Post by D.m Henderson »

I was going to go but my guy just needed more time . I didn't feel he would be quite ready , but I've went and watched the last two years ! So much diversity there to show what TB can do !!!!
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago
Alyssa Lapa wrote: 5 years ago lol I should know it was in their magazine that I learned about the SIM :P
I was very confused when I first saw the ad, but yep. It was in their winter edition I believe because it had all the stories about the winners of the Makeover last year. https://online.fliphtml5.com/qepn/lksy It is on page 69 :) it's quite a big ad as well.
COMING SOON

COMING SOON

COMING SOON
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Alyssa Lapa wrote: 5 years ago
The Steward wrote: 5 years ago
I was very confused when I first saw the ad, but yep. It was in their winter edition I believe because it had all the stories about the winners of the Makeover last year. https://online.fliphtml5.com/qepn/lksy It is on page 69 :) it's quite a big ad as well.
Very cool! Thanks for the link :D some recognizable silks on there 😜
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Lol. I didn't notice since I didn't know any of the silks then, but I agree. Look at all those famous silks :P
COMING SOON

COMING SOON

COMING SOON