SIM Moments of D’OH!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Cate Lynn
Miler

SIM Moments of D’OH!

Post by Cate Lynn »

I had to start this, and it’s meant to be funny and let the world know that despite how long you’ve been here, everyone has ‘oops’ moments you groan about (and maybe laugh later...) and learn from!

I’ll tell you, I’m starting this because 5 days ago I discovered that you can open ‘deceased’ horse names for reuse. I’ve now spent 30k in the past few days renaming some horses (and a few multiple times). Had no idea, and had wondered how some of these horses still had wicked cool names that made sense or weren’t spelled funny since clearly all the top pick names were taken by older horse version.

Silly me.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM Moments of D’OH!

Post by Regina Moore »

I can think of a common problem with sponsoring races years ago. We used not to be able to see our eligible horses for a race we created before clicking the "create race" button. That resulted in a lot of classified allowance races being created, for which the creator didn't have any eligible horses. Classified allowance races are only for stakes winners, and if a player had a competitive stakes horse, they might sponsor a classified allowance it could hopefully win and get a confidence boost. But sometimes a horse that had placed in a lot of stakes hadn't actually ever won a stakes, so therefore they weren't eligible for a classified allowance race. The Steward would have to delete a lot of those sponsored races because they were an "oops" on the part of the sponsoring player.