Weird woman got mad at me

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Weird woman got mad at me

Post by Jo Ferris »

Who on earth would get a Malinois without thinking they're getting whipped into shape!? One of my dogs, Alaska, is a ACD/Husky/Pit, so suffice it to say I know what it's like to have a high energy dog. I like those one person dogs (hence the GSD or Malinois), they're friends and protectors for life
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

My parent's next door neighbor. Flanders was the SECOND dog I adopted from him, the first being Dobe #1. When my mother called me one fine evening back in '04 and told me the news, I wanted to scream: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :o
She wanted to hit him on the head with a frying pan.
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

Jo Ferris wrote: 5 years ago Who on earth would get a Malinois without thinking they're getting whipped into shape!? One of my dogs, Alaska, is a ACD/Husky/Pit, so suffice it to say I know what it's like to have a high energy dog. I like those one person dogs (hence the GSD or Malinois), they're friends and protectors for life
Those one-person dogs were my favorite too. Evidently, Jo.

Had a pekingese like that. Couldn't stand anyone else, and if anyone came near me, she'd go into Low Growl Gear. And, if anyone got REALLY close, it was yelping time!

She was so fantastic but everyone else hated her.

She went over the Rainbow Bridge as they say at the dog park I volunteer at, let's see...2007. Thanksgiving night.

The problem (with me, not her) is I got too attached, and when it came time to put her to sleep--which the vet was practically begging me to do--I couldn't do it. I paid the money three times, I think. Then chickened out every time. Twice they said, no refund. I think they thought that would make me think about it.

Couldn't do it. She kept looking up at me from the table. She hated the vet's anyway. I'd pick her up and bring her back home.

I asked him the second time ... can't you give her some doggy pain pills. And, he did. She got pretty spry after that, It really made me happy to see her jumping around again. But that was just masking the pain. She was spry. I mean, as spry as you can be for a 14 YO pekingese who was very inbred (parents were show dogs). Lots of health problems

I never got another dog since. People keep saying, go get a dog. And now that I'm here in Texas, they say, "Go get a dog, you volunteer at the dog park. They probably won't charge you anything."

It's not the money. I just can't do it. It would be like ... trying to replace your child. 12 years, well, almost 12 years and I still am not over that dog. They try to guilt me at the dog park. (they see people like me a lot.) THey tell me think about the new dog you'd be giving a home.

Niow, THAT is a pretty convincing argument. I'm close to getting another one. It's dificult, but ...
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.