Car Accident

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Aloretta Dethly
Miler

Car Accident

Post by Aloretta Dethly »

On Wednesday (April 24) I was stopped at a red light and was rear-ended by a Chevy Silverado going approximately 40mph. I drive (drove) a 2007 Toyota Corolla. Needless to say I did not come out the winner in that match up. Other than full body soreness and a cut/contused elbow I am fine. My car... not so much.
Unbelievably this was exactly two weeks after I was was T-Boned in this same car. The speed was much lower in that accident and my car was still drive-able with an appointment to have it fixed on June 3.
The first image is my car after the first accident. The next two are from my second accident. (One at the scene and one at the tow yard the next day.)

I am now in the market for a new vehicle for whenever I feel like I can drive again. Recommendations welcome! My only three requirements are AWD/4WD, good gas mileage, and (obviously) a great safety rating. I'd prefer the new one not be cursed or have a target painted on it...
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Re: Car Accident

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Subaru Forester, AWD, 26c/33h, safety ratings for 2019, and my husband and I test drove a 2019 Subaru Forester Sport and we would have went home with it that day if they would have played ball on monthly payments. We currently have a 2011 Subaru Forester and we love that one.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I drive a Toyota Rav 4 AWD and love it. It had a 5 star safety rating last year.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Holy crap. Glad you're okay.
I drive an 07 Hyundai Tucson and I think it's pretty great. Does pretty alright on gas, for a V6. My boyfriend drives an ancient Subaru which is pretty much indestructible. Both recommended. I have a friend who leased a new Nissan rogue a couple years ago and that was a pretty awesome vehicle as well.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Oh my!!! I’m so glad you’re okay 😳 I don’t think I would be able to drive for a LONG time after something like that.

I currently drive a 2017 Escape and enjoy it, it actually gets better mileage than my Focus did!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

When I started reading I was surprised the car looked so good based on the description of the accident then I saw that was just the first accident and I scrolled down and saw the more recent one. I'm glad your ok that looks very scary. Its scary thinking about how many people out there driving just aren't paying attention or being crazy reckless.

I have heard good things about Subaru's from those I know that have them on both the safety and dependability front. Though at the end of the day when I brought my most recent car based on my research the AWD just didn't seem worth the extra initial and continued cost so I got a Civic and have been yet to regret it despite many a trip to and from work in the snow. Car has averaged about 38mpg since I've gotten it and on all highway tanks can get up to 45mpg. Handles perfectly in rain and well enough in snow. Know it's not what you want but I love it so much I had to put in a plug.

Regardless of what you get I highly recommend the new assistive driving technology (lane keep assist, brake assist, etc). I've become so dependent on my adaptive cruise control I don't know what I'll ever do if I wind up in a rental car where I have to be the one controlling my cars speeds on highways.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago When I started reading I was surprised the car looked so good based on the description of the accident then I saw that was just the first accident and I scrolled down and saw the more recent one.
Same. So glad you're okay. Sorry about your car :-( I get really attached to my cars.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Wow, Aloretta! I am glad you are pretty much OK from that wreck! After many years of driving various makes and model, you can not beat either Honda, Toyota or Subaru. They Hyundai are pretty nice as well. The only American made I'd look at would be Ford. I'm driving a 2009 Honda CRV, and other than regular maintenance, tires, etc., she keeps on humming along and get good gas mileage as well. Nothing else to say but Happy Shopping?
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Aloretta Dethly
Miler

Post by Aloretta Dethly »

Same. So glad you're okay. Sorry about your car :-( I get really attached to my cars.
This was my first car. I had it 9 years. Despite being a magnet for bad luck, it was good. I was planning on driving it for two or three more years before replacing it. The universe had other plans.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Aloretta Dethly wrote: 4 years ago
This was my first car. I had it 9 years. Despite being a magnet for bad luck, it was good. I was planning on driving it for two or three more years before replacing it. The universe had other plans.
That sucks, glad your ok! Don't get me started on great first cars that had some years left that got wrecked... my 98 S10 was wrecked about a 1.5 years ago, I had taken my moms car out of town for a clinical (I was in school to be an EMT) came back and someone had rammed into it, totaled it. I was livid, still pretty ticked about it even though I now got my F150 that I paid $350 for (my family's really good at finding these crazy deals). Such a good truck, it was originally my brothers, he bought it over 10 years before it was wrecked for $1,500 as his first daily driver car (he already had a fun car for his first car), eventually it got handed down to me, in the end it had about 250,000 miles and was still going strong. Damn good truck
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

OH wow! I'm so glad that you are okay! Cars can be replaced you can not.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

That really sucks! I have to agree, a Honda or Subaru would be the way I would go. I currently drive a AWD 2004 Honda Pilot, and it gets 20 mpg no matter where I am driving. If I didn't need a 3rd row, then I would more then likely have a Subaru CrossTrek.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Glad you're ok!
I had a hyundai tucson for over 10 years, loved that car... The new versions are surely better. After I sold my tucson (it got to old and expensive to repair), I got a Volkswagen Tiguan, and that one is a real winner! I love, love, love my car!
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser