Battle of Winterfell-Who Dies?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Who dies in this episode?

Brienne
17%
Podrick
4%
Jaime
4%
Daenerys
4%
Bran
4%
Tormund
8%
Jorah
29%
Theon
21%
Gendry
4%
Other (leave a comment?)
4%

Total votes: 24

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Battle of Winterfell-Who Dies?

Post by Carole Hanson »

I'm excited for and dreading this episode at the same time

Vote for as many as you like
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Battle of Winterfell-Who Dies?

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Bri is for sure dying after all that feel-good in the last episode for her.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago Bri is for sure dying after all that feel-good in the last episode for her.
If she does, it will probably be through some heroic effort on her part to successfully take out some "major player" on the other side of the battle.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

OMG!! Arya!!!! Way to go, girl!!!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Arya just reinforced her right to the throne! Brava!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

My whole body hurts from holding it tense for so long.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago My whole body hurts from holding it tense for so long.
Same. 5 minutes in, I realized I definitely wasnt ready for this episode mentally/emotionally or physically!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

That was so anti-climactic for me. I know everyone's happy they won, I am too but like really? One major casualty? and Arya of all people kills the Night King? Meh

ETA: Whoops forgot about Theon and Ghost
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

I thought a lot more major characters would die but Theon was my first choice. He died so honorably.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago That was so anti-climactic for me. I know everyone's happy they won, I am too but like really? One major casualty? and Arya of all people kills the Night King? Meh

Also:
Lyanna
Delorous Edd
Beric
Melisandre
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Andrea Bouwkamp wrote: 4 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago That was so anti-climactic for me. I know everyone's happy they won, I am too but like really? One major casualty? and Arya of all people kills the Night King? Meh

Also:
Lyanna
Delorous Edd
Beric
Melisandre
Well IMO they’re secondary characters ;) and I suppose Melisandre did it on her own terms.

Two interesting things to note. 1) It looks like people have spotted Ghost in the background in previews for the next few episodes 2) The Mormonts must now be the 3rd officially extinct Northern house (Boltons and Umbers are the other two).
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago My whole body hurts from holding it tense for so long.
I fear I almost fell asleep - supposedly too many heads being lopped off to the left and right. I shall have to remember this the next time I suffer from insomnia.
Other than that I wholeheartedly agree with Lori.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Oh, so you were expecting Arya to kill the Night King?????

If Jon had done the deed I would have felt like Ho Hum, but Arya??
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Lori Hamill wrote: 4 years ago

Oh, so you were expecting Arya to kill the Night King?????

If Jon had done the deed I would have felt like Ho Hum, but Arya??
It makes sense, I had wondered where Arya had wondered off to and why she was looking for a library book instead of fighting the bad guys.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Well 7 seasons of building up Jon for a showdown with the Night King and yet he’s killed by Arya which as you’ve pointed out was not at all built up or expected. It felt empty, like (and bare with me I know it’s an outlandish comparison) when the mom from how I met your mother dies in the final episode and Ted gets with Robin anyway. I just feel like it’s a poorly written twist. The Red Wedding for example was incredible because at first watch you wouldn’t expect it but looking back on it, there are so many things that you see led up to it and there’s foreshadowing everywhere, that’s what made it great.

Also, controversial I know, but I don’t like show Arya. I don’t like that her character became this super incredible badass overnight and now she’s the best fighter in Westeros according to D&D. She barely spent time with the faceless men, made a stupid mistake in Braavos that realistically should have killed her and almost got chased down and killed by the Waif again. Are you trying to tell me that the Waif was the greatest fighter in the 7 kingdoms and now because Arya defeated her she’s the greatest fighter out there? And how are her sneaking skills THAT good when she stupidly wondered around Braavos knowing that she wasn’t safe which as I mentioned should have gotten her killed?

Went off on a bit of a tangent but I just think Arya killing the Night King was kind of fan servicey as most of the show has been for at least the past 2 seasons. Don’t get me wrong, I think the episode looked fantastic but it just didn’t feel like game of thrones.