Anybody been watching Jeopardy!?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Anybody been watching Jeopardy!?

Post by Dawn Palka »

The current champion reminds me of Eclipse: James Holhauser first, the rest nowhere. :o
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Re: Anybody been watching Jeopardy!?

Post by Anne Conradt »

That is one calm and confident guy, Dawn.

He cut it close the other day, winning by only 18 dollars.

I like his strategy. He goes for the bigger questions first, constantly. He gets a 2-3 thousand dollar lead, and he intimidates the rest.

You know, it's obvious what he's doing. He's buzzing in first, because he is sure he knows, and if he doesn't, oh well, he's still got the big lead.

He would be what people in horse racing call a legit front-end speed horse. He plays Catch Me If You Can.

He'll fall eventually. They all do.

But it's been fun watching him do this.
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

I’m from Vegas. I believe the whole town is watching him every night. There’s stories about him on the local news nightly.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

We’re even getting daily updates here in Toronto! Cool dude!
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

I think he was on Good Morning America this morning. I'm pretty sure the show's ratings are up considerably. Although I am starting to feel sorry for the cannon fod--er, players that have to face him. That's like trying to win a guitar playing contest against Eric Claption.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Interview with a jealous Washington Post columnist: https://www.wbal.com/podcasts/channel/w ... 4d8eba0a60

:geek:
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

Dawn Palka wrote: 5 years ago I think he was on Good Morning America this morning. I'm pretty sure the show's ratings are up considerably. Although I am starting to feel sorry for the cannon fod--er, players that have to face him. That's like trying to win a guitar playing contest against Eric Claption.
Very true, Dawn. He's so ... calm. Then I just heard he was a professional gambler in Las Vegas?

I thought, no wonder he's so calm.
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Yes he is.