I mean really???

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

I mean really???

Post by Louise Bayou »

I've been fighting what I think is possibly a spider bite on my finger. My hand is now swollen so I took the day off to go get it checked a 2nd time.... AFTER fighting with my boss about it.

And I'm sitting in my living room breeding some fake mares and hear a horrible crash. I run to my bedroom and find my 50in smart tv that I've had since maybe October on the floor.

“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: I mean really???

Post by Rochelle Bos »

😱 whaaaaaaaaaat?!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Yikes, was it on the wall or did a naughty pup knock it down?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

And I was feeling sick about my 6 or 7 year old Kindle Fire's 7 inch getting broke. I still plan on getting a screen assembly kit (about $40.00...which includes the screen with digitizer and the LCD backing) and fixing it.

Out of curiosity, I just did a very quick Google search to see what a 50 t.v. screen replacement might run... found a statement in one forum that said a screen could run about $140...but if the LCD is broke too...that would drive up the price. But it seems the main problem for do-it-yourself-fixers...is finding someplace to buy the parts and most t.v. brands don't manufacturer or sell original parts...but one can get after market stuff.

If one isn't inclined to do it their self...then it's more money to take it in for repair...and often it gets to a point where replacing it is cheaper than fixing it. That is one reason why I bought a new Kindle Fire (plus upgraded to a 10 inch screen). I'm not sure though, that if I broke a Kindle Fire screen that was only a few months old if I would have replaced... I more than likely would have fixed it myself.

With an expensive t.v....I would look into repairing it first, if I could...just due to budget considerations. Still...they make things to be tossed instead of repaired anymore and buying another unit is usually less of a headache and not that much more money... ugh.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

poltergeist?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Or the spider responsible for the bite is really, really big (and a bit clumsy).
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Oh it was mounted on the wall..

“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

This has really not been your year. :(
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Damn, Lou! Looks like it was not mounted very well! And I'm sorry about the spider bite. What is a brown recluse? What is doc going to do with it?

And if the spider did that to the TV, I don't even want to ever see it!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Misty Hills
Sprinter

Post by Misty Hills »

Damn, I'm so sorry, Lou :( That really sucks
Whoops
Sorry
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

It looks like you have hit your "three bad things" quota for a while (one would hope). Car, hand, tv, yep, that should do it for a while. Tell the bad luck fairy to find someone else to harass.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
John Smith II
Two Year Old

Post by John Smith II »

Take care of that bite Lou. Those are nasty spiders. Here's to a smoother year!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 4 years ago It looks like you have hit your "three bad things" quota for a while (one would hope). Car, hand, tv, yep, that should do it for a while. Tell the bad luck fairy to find someone else to harass.
Didn't add that my fridge has decided to freeze every thing in it. lol Its been a rough month to say the least. But its a tv and those are not something to fret over to much. More annoying that the idiot didn't think to put the tv into actual stud and not just the sheet rock. But live and learn...I should have paid the Dish guy the $50 and saved myself the cost of a new tv! :P

And my hand is much better. The antibiotics seem to be doing their job.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

A lot of people were bugging me to at least plug my tv in to check and see if it would work... I'd say that is a hard NOPE! But its cool looking at least right? Glass half full! :)