Game of Thrones-The Final Week

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Game of Thrones-The Final Week

Post by Carole Hanson »

So this is it, this time next week the show will be over. No matter what happens in the final episode and no matter how the show has changed over the years for better or worse, it's still a bittersweet thought. I'm glad we'll get to see an ending but at the same time I want more.

I started watching the show late, when season 4 was airing (in fact I caught up with the show right for the Purple Wedding). I think that season 4 was the show's prime and since then it hasn't been able to reach the same heights though season 6 was definitely a step above seasons 5, 7 and 8. I ended up reading all the current books too and I'm hoping we will get a conclusion in book form too someday. But for now, despite all my gripes with the show, I'll enjoy the final episode of what will go down as the overall best TV show in history.

[SPOILERS FOR SEASON 8 EPISODE 5]

And just as an aside, I actually enjoyed episode 5. Yes it didn't make sense at points but the tension was incredible and I felt that the bubble was never really burst unlike how I felt about episode 3. Plus there were some wonderful scenes in this episode such as Jaime and Cersei's death (Lena Heady is just beyond words, wow!) and Jaime and Tyrion's final goodbye (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Peter Dinklage were both phenomenal here).
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Game of Thrones-The Final Week

Post by Erica Olson »

[SPOILERS]

I enjoyed episode 5, too! I know a lot of people are upset that Cersei didn’t get stabbed or beheaded or have some other gruesome sort of death, but the way they did it was to show her humanity and her fear. That has always been why she’s such a great villain - she is a complex character. And I think Daenarys’s actions make sense for her character. Since season 1, she’s been teetering on the edge of good and evil. Just look at her emotionless response to her brother’s horrible death (even if he did bully her). She’s always acted like the Iron Throne is her destiny, and she will do whatever she can to take it. In the end she becomes corrupted by that goal.
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I loved Cersei. I would have been sad to see her go regardless.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

I told my Mrs during the last episode "The gal that plays Arya is a fantastic actress". She was great as a younger child and now her character is so different and yet her acting has remained incredible.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago So this is it, this time next week the show will be over. No matter what happens in the final episode and no matter how the show has changed over the years for better or worse, it's still a bittersweet thought. I'm glad we'll get to see an ending but at the same time I want more.
You summed it up perfectly for me. I was a big fan of the books long before the TV series was conceived and I’m hoping George RR Martin doesn’t feel obsolete and that he does finish the series.