Alex

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Alex

Post by The Steward »

I grew up riding on an Arab named Alex. He was 9, I was 9. When my parents bought me a horse for my birthday the card literally said "Sorry it's not Alex" inside.

We put Alex down tonight. He was 33. I've never had to see that before, so that was super hard. But he lived such a long good happy life. But I don't like seeing dead bodies. Because they are alive, and then not.... death is weird and awful and sad.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Alex

Post by Nena Olson »

Awww, that is so sad :( Alex had a very long and happy life though! I am 100% sure he was very, very loved.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Sounds like he had an amazing long life <3 Lucky to have been so loved
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

It's always hard to lose an old friend. Looks like Alex was a well-loved friend, and did have a good, long life. And that last act is one of the kindest things to give to these animal friends we love. That is how I always look at it. Now he is young and strong and galloping through that Great Pasture in the Sky.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I am so sorry for your loss. But, wow, 33 years old... what a wonderful age he reached.

I've, unfortunately, been there for many of my elderly pets, when the time came to put them to sleep.

And you are right, it really is a weird feeling to see them pass from this world.
I always knew it was the right time to ease my pets from their pain, but in watching their tails wag, even a minute or two before the procedure started... I always felt a little like I was betraying them too.

I think most people who put down beloved pets, have those feelings, but I try to negate them with the knowledge that most of my pets had their full lengths of days under the sun and they were now, no longer enjoying life due to pain that would only get worse. So in putting them to sleep, it was a kindness, done out of love. For me, the hardest ones were those pets who didn't get to live a long life and had to be put down early due to illness, such as my dogs, HaHa (age 5) with his cancer and Harper, (age 8) due to diabetes.

I think you are a wonderful person, to be there for him in his last moments...as you said, it's awful, hard to witness, even when you know it's the right thing. But I know Alex must have found comfort in smelling, hearing, seeing you and feeling the touch of your hands, so you gifted him with the best gift you could give him. After having such a long life, that's not a bad way to go, most animals in this world never get to experience that kind of love.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss...and I hope that in a not too distant future, you will be able to remember Alex with smiles instead of tears.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Year 53 needs to end now... It has bad karma.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

RIP Alex
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

So sorry to hear about this Em, it’s so difficult to let go of something that has been a part of your life since childhood. But you can rest easy in the knowledge that Alex had a long wonderful life and he got to meet you so you know he was living his best life.

Rest in peace old boy
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 4 years ago Year 53 needs to end now... It has bad karma.
Couldn't agree more.

So sorry to hear this Em.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Sorry for your loss, but glad to hear he had a long happy life.

On a vet school reality program a few years back, a student came into the barn to find that a horse had died overnight. He was really shook up about seeing the body of an animal that large.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

I'm so very sorry, Emily.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

So sorry for the loss of such a dear friend, Emily. You have known him most of your life and death is so final. One minute they are there and then they aren't and won't be again. Be kind to yourself as you adjust to this loss and think on the good memories and the long life he had.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’m so very sorry for your loss.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Sorry to hear....
I had my first horse, Thornaby Pride for 20 years, and to lose her was the worst feeling. I'm happy i have her son still, so it feels like I have a piece of her with me still...
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Thornaby Pride is still around, in the SIM...
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=931747

I am very really sorry for your loss Em. I have come to realize how much of a family member a horse can be.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...