Cat Owners-I’m Confused

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Cat Owners-I’m Confused

Post by Carole Hanson »

I’ve just had to move out of my old flat a couple of days ago and whilst I’m waiting to move back home after graduation I’m staying at my friends house. She and her mom are on holiday until Tuesday so it’s just me and the cat that visits so often it practically lives here.

Now I’m definitely a dog person and I always thought cats could sense that but this doesn’t seem the case here. Tommy the cat is always hanging around me (particularly in the kitchen hah! I know what that means :lol:) though he does also leave me be so he’s not clingy. I thought he just liked me for the food but here I am writing in the forum at 4:41am because Tommy jumped on top of me whilst I was sleeping and for a while was sleeping on top of me (I’ve turned to my side so now he’s sleeping next to me instead) and really I’ve never had an animal sleep in my bed so I’m finding it hard to fall asleep again.

I am wondering though, do you all reckon he’s just missing my friend and her mom and just wants some kind of attention from me? Tommy is quite a brute cat and I really didn’t think he would take to me at all. He is very affectionate with my friends mom but doesn’t really show affection to anyone else. My theory is is that as soon as they’re back he’s gonna be super cuddly with them, he probably just wants a bit of affection and if I’m the only option then so be it :lol:
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Cat Owners-I’m Confused

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Sounds to me like he likes you 😜
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I’m just praying he doesn’t fetch me a present in the shape of a dead, or worse live animal in the morning! About a month ago my friend was very stressed for her final exam and Tommy brought her a mouse that he neatly laid out on the coffee table where she eats breakfast. They’re clever animals, and bless him I’m sure he meant well but that would have freaked me out big time!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I think a lot of cats really do enjoy human companionship...but they have their favorites, and if that person is not around, they do tend to seek out someone else to be close to. My cat Kayla wouldn't have anything to do with anyone but me...she would even hiss if someone else approached her. But, when I went on a vacation for a week and my sister came over to see to my pets... my sister told me that Kayla willingly jumped up onto her as she was reclined in my recliner and watching tv. My sis said it really surprised her because of how Kayla behaved when I was around.

My sis told me that Kayla snuggled against her, and purred and was perfectly happy falling asleep on her lap while she watched t.v. It really surprised her that Kayla could show affection... I use to tell my sis that Kayla was a loving cat, but all my sister ever saw was a hostile hissing feline...until... I wasn't around...lol.

Cats are indeed interesting critters.

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Stormy that sounds very similar to Tommy, and it definitely helps explain his behaviour a bit more. Kayla sounds like a very loyal cat. Must say I love it when pets make you earn their trust and love, makes you feel a bit special that they do trust and love you! My dog is a bit like that, she is extremely cautious of strangers and doesn’t like to be petted too much but she absolutely adores our family and lets us cuddle up with her as much as we like (and she enjoys it too of course!).