Autographs

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Autographs

Post by Gwayne's World »

Everyone has 'em.
Some of my more notable ones are:

Joe DiMaggio - Athlete
Mickey Mantle - Athlete
William Rehnquist - Chief Justice
Jack Klugman - Actor

List your own favorites on this thread.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Autographs

Post by Darcy McBride »

Stevie Benton - Musician (Drowning Pool)
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Have pretty much every Baltimore Oriole autograph from the mid 60’s to mid 70’s. That includes hall of famers:

Brooks Robinson
Frank Robinson
Jim Palmer
Earl Weaver.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Ted Williams/Tony Gwynn on the same baseball.
Arguably two purest hitters of all time. Both San Diego natives.

I actually met them each and had them sign the same ball. Gwynn first when I was younger at Local baseball camp and then met Ted Williams when I was in my late teens/early 20s bussing tables at a high end restaurant.

Not sure what it’s worth, but I guarantee there are not many balls out there with both of there autos on it and only there autos.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I had my 1982 Bluegrass Stakes program (when it was a major Derby prep) autographed by Eddie Delahoussaye, who finished second on Gato Del Sol. They went on to win the Derby ten days later.

I eventually sold it or traded it away (pre-Ebay times).
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’m not big into celebrities and stuff, but my Ex got me a signed picture of the guy who plays Crixus in Spartacus.

And my husband has a signed boxed figure of Agent Smith from the Matrix movie.

I’d take a famous hoof print over a signature any day 😜
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Didn't get an autograph but I got a pic with Gerard Butler when he was on my flight back from Breeders Cup to New Orleans. He was very nice but sad to say he didn't look like he did in the movie 300. :lol:
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Boston Red Sox Rookie 1st Baseman: Michael Chavis
Boston Red Sox Pitcher: Chris Sale

Husband is getting a bat signed by Boston Red Sox player JD Martinez soon.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

My father's cousin gave me a whip autographed by Mike Smith.

Speaking photos of celebrities I got yelled at by Michael Strahan for taking his photo at Breeder's Cup years back.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I have Secretariat, Seattle Slew & Affirmed's Makers Marks bottles, complete with the signatures of each group representing the horse. Penny Chenery was delightful to meet.

I had Bill Berry & Jefferson Holt (from REM fame) autograph a plane ticket stub from a flight we shared coming back from NYC to Atlanta after they performed on Saturday Night Live in the early 1990's. Sadly my parents tossed the board with this and many other high school mementos when they downsized houses.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Well, I'm very proud of my autograph from "Kyra Kyrklund", a finnish dressage-rider. I was a big fan of her when I was young. She rode her beautiful stallion Matador in the olympic games, weg, world cup... Really big dressage-stars!

I went to Gothenburg Horse Show every year when I was younger, cause my dads workplace sponsored and got tickets (and I lived very near by). At that time there were WC-finals every other year in Gothenburgh (Volvo was the head-sponsor). Outside the arena are a big marketplace with EVERYTHING to do with horses. And I found a photograph of Kyra and MAtador, which I bought during one of the breaks. A friend and I went back to our seats after the break, and WHO CAME AND SAT ONE ROW IN FRONT OF ME??? Kyra!! But I was too shy to ask her to sign my newly bought photopraph. That haunted me many years after...

When I met Niklas (Polk), that inscident came up in a conversation at one point. And I didn't thought much about it later. Until my birthday...
Niklas gave me an envelope, and there it was.... A Signed photograph of Kyra Kyrklund. And I knew that Niklas was a keeper!

Niklas, who isn't very interested in horseriding, (especially not dressage) had found out that Kyra lives and work in the UK, contacted her and got her to print a photo, sign it and send it to me... <3 Love him! ;)

Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Doubt anyone will recognise mine but I've got 3:

Pinchas Zukerman (Violinist)
Maxim Vengerov (Violinist)
TwoSet Violin's Brett and Eddy (Violinists of course)
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago Didn't get an autograph but I got a pic with Gerard Butler when he was on my flight back from Breeders Cup to New Orleans. He was very nice but sad to say he didn't look like he did in the movie 300. :lol:
That might be a good thing.... :twisted: for those of you that follow rodeo or have in the past, I have met Ty Murray (super nice guy), Tuff Hedeman (I got his autograph), Fallon Taylor (autograph), Martha Josey (autograph), and theres plenty more. I also have met Jewel (she was super nice and very down to earth).

And I don't know how many of you remember the show on CMT 'My Big Redneck Vacation', but went to school (K-12) with Michelle from that show. We are from a town with only 2500 people, so I knew her fairly well...let's just say blah was my opinion.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Ashley Hunt wrote: 4 years ago
Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago Didn't get an autograph but I got a pic with Gerard Butler when he was on my flight back from Breeders Cup to New Orleans. He was very nice but sad to say he didn't look like he did in the movie 300. :lol:
That might be a good thing.... :twisted: for those of you that follow rodeo or have in the past, I have met Ty Murray (super nice guy), Tuff Hedeman (I got his autograph), Fallon Taylor (autograph), Martha Josey (autograph), and theres plenty more. I also have met Jewel (she was super nice and very down to earth).

And I don't know how many of you remember the show on CMT 'My Big Redneck Vacation', but went to school (K-12) with Michelle from that show. We are from a town with only 2500 people, so I knew her fairly well...let's just say blah was my opinion.
I met Stran Smith..after I ran into a pole watching him stretch when he was roping at the LSU pro rodeo... wellllll worth running into the pole. Lawd he is handsome!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

I’ve got a number of athlete ones, some more famous and some less. Quite a few on baseballs, jerseys, etc.

But the most significant signed thing I have, I think, is the program from a state visit to the US by Mikhail Gorbachev, and Ronald Reagan’s signature was added to it a couple of years later. Reagan was more of a spur of the moment thing, seeing him give a lecture, but Gorbachev I waited for hours.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum