:(

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

:(

Post by J.r. Lewis »

I haven't written this anywhere yet other than in messages to family and a couple SIM friends but I'm feeling a little better today and I feel like putting my thoughts on "paper" might help a little more. I'm not a big fan of sharing on facebook and some of what I have to say would offend some people there so the SIM, where I've spent so many hours since I found it seemed like the place...

A month ago I contributed to some major forum drama and it had me so mad. Numerous people reached out and kept me from quitting but I had lost the love of the game a little bit which made everything just a little less fun. I've been plodding along, selling a bunch of horses (thank you buyers) and entering way less than normal. I had a family vacation a couple weeks ago and that helped put things in perspective a little more in that the SIM is just a game and I shouldn't take it so seriously.

Fast forward to Wednesday of last week and my dad calls with the news that my sister shot herself. I could tell he was upset and obviously nobody would joke about that but the first words out of my mouth were "you're not kidding, are you?" I wanted it to be a joke even though I knew it wasn't. That brief conversation will never leave my mind and I wish I could've had something better to say but I needed the assurance that this was real.

Like most brother/sister relationships, we fought a lot as kids and didn't become close until much later in life. Then we became each other's rock when it came to family stuff and there's always family stuff. Our parents are divorced and remarried and while it's pretty cordial most of the time we still only invite one or the other to events, we both have kids and anyone who has kids can tell you that comes with drama, and she had started going through a divorce about a year ago. I remember how surprised we all were when we first found out as they seemed like the fairy tale couple but they've been having problems for 20+ years that she always just put on a smile and hid from the world. Turns out we're both good at that. I really hate being around people but close friends are always so surprised when they hear that as I put on my people face and try to make everyone happy by being fun to be around. My wife always says I'd be a hermit if it weren't for her and that's the truth. All week I've felt like just driving away and being by myself but you gotta be strong you know. Strong for my mom and dad, strong for my wife, strong for my kids. They've all been so supportive and I love them so much but making those first phone calls was so hard. I needed to do it quick cuz I didn't want them to find out on facebook. Maybe that was a good thing since I didn't have time to process anything first.

But now I just have so much hate and anger in my heart, not towards my sister, but to those who have wronged her since she filed for divorce. Her husband who was hiding money and saying how he's going to fight for sole custody and turning the kids against her. The two different churches that turned her away. The first that she went to almost since they've been married sent her an email almost immediately asking what she'd like to do with her membership fee now that she filed and the second where she was getting counseling who told her that she shouldn't bring her new boyfriend to church since people there have met her husband during the time they were trying to work it out. Her daughter who also blamed her because divorce is a sin. Her best friend who turned her back on her because she's a sinner now. My sister was a very religious person (unlike me) and struggled mightily with these betrayals no matter how many times I told her God would want her to be happy. My mom and aunt who both maintained relationships with her husband after we knew it was officially over, just not in the courts. I know everyone is different but to me I could never understand that and neither could she. She's my sister and forever will be, her soon to be ex was dead to me. Regardless of who pulled the trigger, I know all these little things pushed her to it. So yeah, a lot of anger and hate and all of these people are around all the time with people comforting them and them posting on their facebook pages. I just want to lash out but I know I can't :(

I guess the point of all this, other than hoping to help myself recover a little more, is to point out how insignificant most things are. I'm sorry that I was involved in SIM drama and I'm sorry if I upset anyone by it. I feel dumb for getting upset about it. It all seems so silly now and hopefully if anything in the SIM or just in life is upsetting you, this can help put it in a different perspective.

In regards to my SIM life, I'm going to be taking a break for a bit. Could be a week just to get through the funeral and stuff. Could be longer. I'm certain I'll be back as I really do enjoy it here. I probably won't be able to stay away completely even during my break but entering just seems too trivial at the moment. Thanks for letting me vent on here though...I think it did help. Hope you have a great week :)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: :(

Post by Stormy Peak »

My deepest Condolences to you and those who loved your sister.
I'm sorry that for her, life became so miserable that she felt there was nothing left to look forward to.

----------

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

What Stormy said.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Sorry to hear about your sister, I can't imagine what your going through. My siblings are my rocks, I've got 3 by blood and 2 more that may as well be, of the 5 I only have 1 sister, then 4 brothers, no matter what we're always there for eachother. I can't even bear the thought of what I'd do without one of them. My deepest condolences.
Last edited by Jo Ferris 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

So sorry to hear about your loss. While any loss is hard, the circumstances around this one make it harder to deal with. Please take some time for yourself, it is hard to be strong without any break - even if it is venting here, or in a room by yourself. We'll be here whenever you're ready to come back. Hang in there.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

My heart goes out to you J.r...I don’t know what I would do without my sister. In my own heart, I am a Christian, but I truly do not believe in any fixed religion that says anything but “love your neighbor”. Where do they get off telling her who she can bring to church? That makes me mad that they added to your sister’s grief and pain. It is just not supposed to be that way.

Sorry J.r., I get carried away, my thoughts are with you.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

My thoughts and prayers go out to you J.R. and your family.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

It breaks my heart to read this. I am so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, JR. Take time off, reach out for support if you need to. As Laura said above, we will await your return.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Hi J.R., Sorry about he loss, we are all here for you.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I'm so sorry for your loss J.R. ... Take your time and take care of what's important right now- you and your family. We are all here. SIm is a good distraction when life gets rough. Many hugs!!
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Sorry you're going through this.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Sorry to hear this J.R.
I consider you the most helpful helpful guy in here. You are my unofficial mentor (and provider of cheap horses to start with).

I can see that the SIM is put into perspective now. Take care of your family and kids and come back here when you are ready.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss & the circumstances your sister endured. Take care of yourself and don't hesitate to reach out for help, or feel free to message me if you just want to talk to someone.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

JR... I'm so sorry. As Pete said... we are here for you.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Brian Chunn
Miler

Post by Brian Chunn »

Thinking of you and your family....take care of yourself