Woodstock: August 15-17, 1969

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Woodstock: August 15-17, 1969

Post by Gwayne's World »

Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Woodstock: August 15-17, 1969

Post by Stormy Peak »

I was 6 years old when Woodstock happened, and I can still remember my parents talking about it, as it had been on the news...most of it not really a good outlook on it...dirty hippies, drugs, and some poor farmer getting his fields turned into a garbage dump by the time it was all over with...the press really wasn't on the side of hippies back then.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago I was 6 years old when Woodstock happened, and I can still remember my parents talking about it, as it had been on the news...most of it not really a good outlook on it...dirty hippies, drugs, and some poor farmer getting his fields turned into a garbage dump by the time it was all over with...the press really wasn't on the side of hippies back then.

Stormy
So sad what the aging process does to the human body. All one has to do is look at a 'Now' photo of the once attractive Grace Slick to realize this. I was young and 'bullet proof' when this event took place. As a great philosopher once said, 'If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!'
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago So sad what the aging process does to the human body. All one has to do is look at a 'Now' photo of the once attractive Grace Slick to realize this. I was young and 'bullet proof' when this event took place. As a great philosopher once said, 'If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!'
My dad use to say it's not the age...and sometimes not even the high mileage...it's the hard mileage and low quality maintenance. :lol:

As a woman, I did very hard labor when I was younger...I've paid for that with some pretty bad damage to my back. I've repeatedly told my young nieces that 'just because you can, often doesn't mean that you should.' and getting a strong man to help out with some things is nothing to be ashamed of.

I hate the growing old process in so many ways...just because I over did things in my 20s and 30s...in a lot of pain anymore and wishing I had taken on opportunities when I was young to go do some things that I will now never get to do - unless by some freak chance I win some kind of multi million dollar lotto or something...lol. Even then, with all the money there is, I still can't do some things I would like to try now if I did have the funds...one would be hiking the Appalachian Trail from one end to the other. Or climbing to Machu Picchu. I never had the money when I was younger, but others in similar situations found ways of saving up and taking those kinds of adventures.

It's weird too, in thinking about the early 1970s...no home computers, no remote phones, much less cell phones, women didn't have financial rights like they do now. Most people outside of big cities didn't have cable t.v. and had only 3 channels to chose from...4 if they were lucky enough to have a PBS station broadcasting nearby. People dressed up a lot nicer to go shopping...no one would ever think of wearing their pajamas downtown! And, overall things just moved at a slower pace. But the benefits we have now in medical procedures, and communications, and other little luxuries makes life pretty sweet. Microwaves sure cut down on cooking times too. :D

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000