Y53 Simmy

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Y53 Simmy

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Just curious of the criteria for Breeder of the year Simmy.

Hoping for a steward chime in on this thread cause it appears the a player with the most 2nd most wins, the most stakes wins and highest earnings was left off the ballet :)

And no I’m not asking to change anything at this point, just trying to understand how the breeders were chosen.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Y53 Simmy

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Just took a look Pete, at a guess I am going with the top two names in each category not including number of starts. The two provisional criteria I see is possibly 100 starters (lower numbers didn't get on ballot) and the thoroughbred exclusively. Your over all numbers are nearer the top, but specifically for thoroughbreds your closer to 4-6th in most categories
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

So breeder of the year is a TB specific award now?
I didn’t see a mixer breeder of the year award so why would mixers be excluded from the criteria?

Also the most stakes wins and most earning should count for something unless again we are excluding mixers.

There is never a clear rhyme or reason as to some of the nominees which leaves it open to questions.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Another thing I am seeing is steeplechase gets counted the same as TB which is the only reason I can guess Rachel was nominated for both Trainer and breeder this season.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Steeplechasers are TB
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Chasers are required to have their own unique gallop comment and have to be converted from something that we call “stiff and awkward” to something we call chaser.

Not really the same in the sense of what we are talking about here, but thanks for your input :)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

If you look under Stewards Cup wins in the Sim museum they are classed as Thoroughbreds there.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Actually this is 100% my bad - when I pulled the Breeder report I forgot to switch from TBs only to everything (I separate mixers and TBs for owner this year). I was completely boggled your name didn't show up on any of the stats but couldn't figure it out, so I thought you just had a bad year.

I'd laugh about it, but you're probably not. You're added now!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I was not really looking to be added at this point. The voting is already going to be blemished.

Was just trying to understand why myself or other mixer trainers were not included and you have answered that question.

Thanks.