Scam calls

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Scam calls

Post by Stormy Peak »

Dawn Palka wrote: 4 years ago YouTube is full of people driving scammers up a wall. The funniest I've heard is two morning DJs having fun with someone trying to sell them a cable TV deal (or something like that). While they have the scammer on the phone, you hear people in the background saying things like: "Has forensics gotten pictures of the body yet?" Then one of the DJs tells the scammer that he's with Some City's police department and they are investigating a murder; how were you related to the victim? :twisted:

Stormy--Your conversation reminds me of a call that my husband got a few years ago. I forget the details, but the guy was trying to sell him something (I think) and when Mark kept asking questions, the man said I'm not BSing you! Of course no true professional would use profanity to a potential client. I looked up the number and found out the call was from Jamaica. Nice going dude--give your countryman a bad name. :x An insult to all the decent Jamaicans out there!
I've heard that scammer call before, and it is funny. I also watch a few of the 'hackers' on YouTube that actually in some instances, sucker scammers into taking control of their computer. They play along with scammer and put on a "I don't know anything about computers' conversation, and allow the scammers access to run their computer remotely. Of course, as soon as they scammers are in, they head right for any financial information they can find...and as soon as they open the banking and finance folder...the scammers have released a virus into their own computers/servers.

The hacker keeps talking with them and on the screen you can see 2 computer screens running...the one the hacker has accessed and the 'other' computer which is tracking the virus's progress as it finds it's way into all the servers and computers it can and starts wiping out all names, accounts and access to anything there. The scammer on the phone that has access to the hacker's trap, doesn't even catch on until it's way too late...by then up to 18 computers in the scammer's network, along with their servers. One scammer even offered the hacker like $10,000 to stop the process!

It's hilarious hearing the panic in the scammer's voices when the see what's happening. I did listen to one scammer though, tell the guy, 'so what'...you destroyed 10 of our computers...we will be up and running again by tomorro'

I just wish more 'good' hackers would get in on this and really hammer the scammers so bad they would give up.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

The "IRS" called me one time. They said that there was a warrant out for my arrest, because I delinquent on my taxes from the years of 2001-2004. I told them that was impossible since in 2001 I was 12 and that also I knew the IRS doesn't call. They hung up rather quickly.
Last edited by Ashley Hunt 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

I get a FAX, of all things, a couple times a year from a desperate law firm in 'England' trying to locate me ASAP so they can send me a 'large' inheritance from my, apparently, long lost uncle "Fernandio'. Just call back with banking info (long distance no less).
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Ashley Hunt wrote: 4 years ago The "IRS" called me one time. They said that therevwasntnout for my arrest, because I delinquent on my taxes from the years of 2001-2004. I told them that was impossible since in 2001 I was 12 and that also I knew the IRS doesn't call. They hung up rather quickly.
Guess that lemonade stand paid off. :mrgreen:
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Dawn Palka wrote: 4 years ago
Ashley Hunt wrote: 4 years ago The "IRS" called me one time. They said that therevwasntnout for my arrest, because I delinquent on my taxes from the years of 2001-2004. I told them that was impossible since in 2001 I was 12 and that also I knew the IRS doesn't call. They hung up rather quickly.
Guess that lemonade stand paid off. :mrgreen:
Hahaha! Apparently so!
Sycamore Farms
Sprinter

Post by Sycamore Farms »

I just answer and say, "Bob's Pizza, this is Bob, really slow day today, can I pleeeeaaaase take your order??" They usually say they have the wrong number and don't call back again:) If they do, and I recognize it, they talk to Tom the next time. Then Fred, George, Dave, I have a list here somewhere... maybe they do call back more often than I thought:)
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Sycamore Farms wrote: 4 years ago I just answer and say, "Bob's Pizza, this is Bob, really slow day today, can I pleeeeaaaase take your order??" They usually say they have the wrong number and don't call back again:) If they do, and I recognize it, they talk to Tom the next time. Then Fred, George, Dave, I have a list here somewhere... maybe they do call back more often than I thought:)
Try these: City Morgue, the place people are dying to get into--can I help you? Tender Touch Massage Parlor, famous for our vibrating fingers--may I help you? :twisted: :lol:
Sycamore Farms
Sprinter

Post by Sycamore Farms »

Dawn Palka wrote: 4 years ago
Sycamore Farms wrote: 4 years ago I just answer and say, "Bob's Pizza, this is Bob, really slow day today, can I pleeeeaaaase take your order??" They usually say they have the wrong number and don't call back again:) If they do, and I recognize it, they talk to Tom the next time. Then Fred, George, Dave, I have a list here somewhere... maybe they do call back more often than I thought:)
Try these: City Morgue, the place people are dying to get into--can I help you? Tender Touch Massage Parlor, famous for our vibrating fingers--may I help you? :twisted: :lol:
Ha! I love it! I'm definitely using these next time:)
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

:D me too!!