Dreams

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

When you dream, who are you?

Never Myself
No votes
Almost Never Myself
5%
About Half and Half
5%
Almost Always Myself
36%
Always Myself
55%

Total votes: 22

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Dreams

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I asked this on my Facebook last week and was surprised by the few answers I got! I wanted to ask a bigger group of people, with hopefully more results! (Also Facebook doesn’t let you do polls on your personal timeline 😒)

This all came up because I told my husband about a particularly memorable dream I had had, and he thought it was SUPER weird that I wasn’t “me” in my dream. I was in a different body. Collyn has never experienced that!

So I’m just wondering, do you always dream as yourself? Or are you other people/characters?

I’m a mix type, but I’m almost never myself.

Also, another fun thing that came up is dreaming in First vs Third person! I do both :D
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Re: Dreams

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

I'm always myself and it's a mix of 1st or 3rd person. On the 3rd person dreams it's always a nightmare or something stupid, and I'm raging at myself going, "Why would you do that!?"
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Fanta Arcadia wrote: 4 years ago I'm always myself and it's a mix of 1st or 3rd person. On the 3rd person dreams it's always a nightmare or something stupid, and I'm raging at myself going, "Why would you do that!?"
That’s super cool you noticed a pattern with the 1st/3rd person! I’ll have to pay attention and see if it’s similar for me!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I am always myself in my dreams but almost everyone else in my dreams is always strangers. In my dreams I know them very well but in real life I have never seen them before. Sometimes they will be speaking another language that in real life I don't know but in my dream I understand them and can also speak the same language. I always think this is weird.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Fanta Arcadia wrote: 4 years ago I'm always myself and it's a mix of 1st or 3rd person. On the 3rd person dreams it's always a nightmare or something stupid, and I'm raging at myself going, "Why would you do that!?"
I am always myself in 1st person, though sometimes I will see myself in a mirror in my dream. But I too have that thing where I act super dumb when I'm in nightmares. For example, I once had a nightmare that someone was floating outside my 2nd floor room (?!) with eyes blaring red and I started to shout at him and bang on the window telling him to go away, and then of course he decided to float through the window into the room and attack me.

I am fairly lucky though in that I have yet to experience the worst part of a nightmare, I always wake up right before the worst part. I thought it was the same for everyone but upon further googling it seems that's not the case and most people experience the bad parts too.

Also, I am lucky that I've never had this either but has anyone ever experienced sleep paralysis? My flat mate experienced it once and her description sounded pretty horrific, apparently it's quite common though.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'm always myself, and also, I can almost always realize I'm in a dream, and if I don't like it, I can wake myself up or sometimes even 'shift' the dream to something different. I can't control what's going to happen next...as like where the dream will go next...but I can shift out of something I don't like, or I can wake up.

Also, those dreams I can't shift out of...are usually so realistic that I'm not aware that I'm dreaming and those dreams are often in color too. Otherwise, I don't remember colors in my dreams.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Weirdly enough I don't really dream. It's been a long time since I've dreamt(or at least that I remember). I do know that when I have dreamt in the past I was always myself, I never really thought of the fact you could dream as someone else
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago I'm always myself, and also, I can almost always realize I'm in a dream, and if I don't like it, I can wake myself up or sometimes even 'shift' the dream to something different. I can't control what's going to happen next...as like where the dream will go next...but I can shift out of something I don't like, or I can wake up.

Also, those dreams I can't shift out of...are usually so realistic that I'm not aware that I'm dreaming and those dreams are often in color too. Otherwise, I don't remember colors in my dreams.

Stormy
I too can alter my dreams if I don’t like what’s going on 😂

I can only remember once when I was dreaming that I didn't know I was dreaming, and it was weird because I was asleep and awake at the same time. It was really weird. I could see my boyfriend at the time talking to me and could hear it, but I couldn’t process it, and I could “see” my dream at the same time.

I also always dream in colour! I didn’t know dreaming in black and white was a thing! Brains! So cool!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I have action adventure dreams and then get really irritated if I get woken up before the story finishes :lol:
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago I have action adventure dreams and then get really irritated if I get woken up before the story finishes :lol:
SAME! I got so upset at Collyn for waking me up the other day 😂 it was such a good dream!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Brian Chunn
Miler

Post by Brian Chunn »

I always dream of riding horses...worked in racing for 42 years (until last year) had to stop riding about 6/7 years ago (crumbling vertebrae ..so painfull) and I seem to dream of the thing I loved the most....how sad am I?
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Brian Chunn wrote: 4 years ago I always dream of riding horses...worked in racing for 42 years (until last year) had to stop riding about 6/7 years ago (crumbling vertebrae ..so painfull) and I seem to dream of the thing I loved the most....how sad am I?
I get this. I had full on withdrawal when I broke my knee and that was only a few months out of the saddle. I can’t imagine it being permanent. Have you considered carriage driving at all? Might be another way to keep up with the horses
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago
I am always myself in 1st person, though sometimes I will see myself in a mirror in my dream. But I too have that thing where I act super dumb when I'm in nightmares. For example, I once had a nightmare that someone was floating outside my 2nd floor room (?!) with eyes blaring red and I started to shout at him and bang on the window telling him to go away, and then of course he decided to float through the window into the room and attack me.

I am fairly lucky though in that I have yet to experience the worst part of a nightmare, I always wake up right before the worst part. I thought it was the same for everyone but upon further googling it seems that's not the case and most people experience the bad parts too.

Also, I am lucky that I've never had this either but has anyone ever experienced sleep paralysis? My flat mate experienced it once and her description sounded pretty horrific, apparently it's quite common though.
I always seem to wake up right before the BEST parts of my dreams! So annoying!
Always myself and first person as well. It's hard for me to imagine any other"format", haha.

We were having this discussion a couple weeks ago at work and one of my co-workers said she had experienced sleep paralysis. It does sound terrifying.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.