musicans

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

musicans

Post by Joe Bengston »

i'm just curious if anyone else in the sim plays any instruments. i play sax. i own a keyboard but have no idea how to play it lol still fun to mess around with though. i was in band from 4th grade all through high school. Concert band, Stage band and of course marching band. There's even some videos on youtube :ugeek:
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: musicans

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yes! I play the violin, have done since I was 7 so 15 years now (?!?!). I play mostly classical and I’m currently looking for some orchestral work (graduated from music conservatory this summer) but alas the music world is incredibly competitive and the expectations for a violinist are ridiculously high so no work yet unfortunately.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

I played a tonette in the fourth grade?
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

YOU ROCK MY BOAT G.M
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I play piano, guitar, and mandolin... I also have an autoharp I want to have restringed and take some lessons on how to tune and play it.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago Yes! I play the violin, have done since I was 7 so 15 years now (?!?!). I play mostly classical and I’m currently looking for some orchestral work (graduated from music conservatory this summer) but alas the music world is incredibly competitive and the expectations for a violinist are ridiculously high so no work yet unfortunately.
How much do you think your inability to get work thus far is political? It's not so much what you know as who you know etc. etc. Maybe becoming an instructor yourself until an opportunity presents itself may be an option if you're so inclined?
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I can play clarinet and piano. I'm not great at either. I'm currently learning (slowly) guitar.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago Yes! I play the violin, have done since I was 7 so 15 years now (?!?!). I play mostly classical and I’m currently looking for some orchestral work (graduated from music conservatory this summer) but alas the music world is incredibly competitive and the expectations for a violinist are ridiculously high so no work yet unfortunately.
How much do you think your inability to get work thus far is political? It's not so much what you know as who you know etc. etc. Maybe becoming an instructor yourself until an opportunity presents itself may be an option if you're so inclined?
Oh the politics, who you know and how much money you've got, definitely plays a HUGE role! That's exactly what I'm doing currently, teaching violin, but that doesn't pay too well and it's too inconsistent as a job, so I am looking for a more typical 9-5 kind of job just to pay the bills. But that's the problem, I have to find something that will give me enough time to fit in good, productive violin practice. Ah well, just have to keep trying, can't throw away 15 years of hard work. I would forever regret it if after making it to a professional standard on the violin (which is honestly really hard), I never put it to good use.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Maybe try relocating? I know, easier said than done!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I have definitely thought about it. I have no problem relocating to anywhere in the UK so any UK job that comes up, I apply for. But I have started to research what life would be like in different European countries, and how likely I am to get a job there.
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

I played French horn for about it 20 years. Should really pick I t up again. I have a decent singing voice. I marched drum and bugle Corp and also was in the pride of Minnesota University of Minnesota’s Golden Gopher’s. I can still high and roll step in time. I also did some drumming.
My ears hurt like crazy if things aren’t in tune. My youngest played euphonium for a while. When she quite I compared it to your kid getting into hogwarts, sorting for griffindor and then running off to join a circus mid semester.
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I played the clarinet until high school, and I realized I really hated band, and I can play a melody on the piano, for some reason the harmony side of music is so confusing to me. I was also in choir until I graduated high school. Went through all the levels, and even won a few alternates for districts.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Post by Bertie Bassett »

I play guitar, have done for years. Also make them.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Noel Collins wrote: 4 years ago I can still high and roll step in time.
High stepping was evil. But roll stepping and long stepping is still handy.

Give me something to beat, clang, or rattle on and I'm happy. Also if anyone touches the chimes for Carol of the Bells they get knocked out with the mallet!
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

Crab stepping! That was fun. I managed to run over a judge mid show with my 26” bass drum.