Reasons to stay?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Re: Reasons to stay?

Post by Louise Bayou »

I think burn out happens to everyone. While I do think I have a decent barn and was lucky enough to finally win the Derby this year I'll be perfectly honest and tell you I find little true joy in the Sim right now. And that makes me sad. I still love the Sim and the friends I've found here though! I'm also very proud of the barn I've worked hard on for 10 real years.

I've started taking steps to down size my barn which is the best way IMO to cut the boredom/job like feelings. I'm still super scared to breed a lot less than I normally do because I guess I don't trust my mares and feel like I need to rely on the numbers to get me nice foals. Maybe I'm just to competitive to risk it? lol As you progress in the Sim I think its very important to move forward to help with the boredom. I'm far enough into my Sim life that dealing with allowance horses just isn't for me. But being said, I'm not trying to brag or whatever its just the natural progression that happens. We ALLLLL started out with claimers, every single one of us! But the Sim is a job if you want to get better. You have to actively be upgrading your barn at every turn. That can be very time consuming and takes a long time unless you just get lucky and pick up a monster or get an amazing slide.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we all started at the bottom and had to work our way up. So please don't feel like because you have claimers in your barn that you are "bad" at the game. And please don't think you should leave! Just try something different and if I can help in any way just shoot me a PM and I'll offer whatever help I can!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

I think about leaving quite often but I'm retired and don't have anything else to do.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
So, yeah...I’ve been playing my own game, against myself, and ignoring what’s going on in other people’s barns (which is SUPER hard lol). Trying to find joy in the little things.

I hope you stay :)

I do the same thing. Still haven't figured out the reasoning for the random slide's existence.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Dawn Palka wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
So, yeah...I’ve been playing my own game, against myself, and ignoring what’s going on in other people’s barns (which is SUPER hard lol). Trying to find joy in the little things.

I hope you stay :)

I do the same thing. Still haven't figured out the reasoning for the random slide's existence.
I like the random slide, it adds excitement of the “what if”, even when you come to the realization that it’s super rare, and those who get one are SUPER lucky, the what if is always in the back of your mind.

That being said, don’t go to the Broodmares that surprised you post or you’ll be filled with sadness 😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I thought about tapping out more than once and finally did when disappointment over my, then big horse Godzuki, made me take a very long break (enough to have my barn dispersed). I came back and with some much appreciated help form generous SIMsters and a smaller, selective barn, won four Steward Cup races with Fourzen, Southern Getaway and Velocity (times 2), a Louisville Derby with Fancy Shoes, got to 1000 wins and added 17 G1 wins bringing my total to 44.

I am quite pleased I didn't miss all that excitement.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Post by Bertie Bassett »

I am a new player (only been in the game two weeks) so probably not the most qualified amongst Sim players to offer advice. But what I would say is to think back to when you first joined the Sim, what was it you enjoyed the most about playing, and really that is the whole point of the Sim. It is a game and games should be fun, not taken to seriously. Every player will have their own goals that they want to reach in the game, remember it is okay to lower your expectations. So far I have 16 horses and zero wins, but I am having fun, my goal is to not ever have more than 100 horses no matter how successful I get. I admire the players who have 500 plus horses but after only playing for two weeks I know that I could never have the time to manage a stable that big. So maybe take a step back sell off a few horses and have fun with the Sim again.
I really hope you stay and start to enjoy playing again. :D