Ugh, will I ever recover???

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Ugh, will I ever recover???

Post by Dawn Palka »

I've been sick since Christmas Day. At first I thought it was an allergy flare up despite the absence of pollen, but it has hung on. I felt better last Friday so I took my dog for a walk. Fast forward to the middle of the night--I'm cold and shivery despite having two cats on my bed. Had to get up and get an extra blanket. Those who know me personally know that I am a polar bear--big white and cold resistant. So I'm feeling better now and decided to go to work today. Set the alarm, got up, took a shower, was drying myself when hoo nellie! :o Dizzy and breathless at the same time (and my husband was no where in sight! :twisted: ) So I'm home today. I guess the dizziness is from some crud that's still in my ear and affecting my balance. And I guess I still have a touch of bronchitis left. I don't know if it's a type of flu not covered by the shot I had or if it's just The Cold From Hell. I've been in touch with my supervisor and she tells me that three to four of my co-workers have/had the same thing. I bet they're over it. But as I mentioned in another post, I do have a dollar store respiratory system. Definitely from my mother's side!
Ugghhhh...
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Ugh, will I ever recover???

Post by Rochelle Bos »

My family had some kind of virus, we were all sick for 6 weeks!!! And then near the end we got the stomach flu! Somehow the children were all hyper and happy through the whole thing, while I just wanted to die! 😂

I hope you feel better soon!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

Sounds like a cat allergy...
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I know I'm probably pushing my luck, but I've never had a flue shot, but on the other hand, I rarely catch flues and when I do, I can usually kick them in about a week...without having to go to the doctor for antibiotics for secondary infections...like a sore throat that doesn't want to clear up, or an ear infection that resulted from the flue.

I had pneumonia really bad one time, and it took me almost 6 months from start to finish to finally quit coughing. And it seemed like for about 3 years afterwards, I caught every bug that came around. Then, I started to build up a resistance again, because often I would be the only one at work, surrounded by customers and co-workers sneezing and coughing during the flue season, and I wasn't catching their flues every single time.

I hate the ear aches, and the coughing, but what I dislike the very most about flues and head colds is a stuffed up nose.. that sensation of not being able to breath with my nose...it's almost like a phobia for me. I don't know how people can sleep like with the covers over their head, or breath through the fabric of a scarf or balaclava...so having a stuffy nose is enough to make me even a little panicky at times.

Btw, Dawn Palka... you might try a warm rice bag for your ears...maybe the moist heat from one can help ???

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I have the flu right now and let me tell you I am being one big whiny baby about it. I was so sick at the track Saturday I was gripping onto the turf course rail begging myself not to hurl in front of all my coworkers at least until the race was over. Now I get up and can accomplish one task like feed cats and I have to go back to bed or I’m too weak and dizzy to function and I’m freezing. It’s not pleasant!!!

Here’s to us kicking the sickness and rocking 2020:-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG