Kobe Bryant

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Kobe Bryant

Post by John Nicholson »

Never watched a game of basketball in my life but certainly knew who Kobe was,condolences to all who lost their lives last night in the helicopter crash.

RIP LEGEND
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Kobe Bryant

Post by Stormy Peak »

I doubt I have in my whole life (56 years old) watched more than 2 hours of professional basketball, but I too, knew who Kobe was...and that was due to my uncle who Loves basketball. I use to visit him and my grandma and saw bits of basketball games there. He was a big fan of Kobe. I know he's probably feeling a weight on his chest over the loss of a sports hero.

Doubly sad about that crash, was that Kobe's 13 year old daughter died in it too. It's always sad when people die, but when they are young, and will never get to experience life as an adult, it's just heartbreaking.

And yes, condolences to all families and friends who lost loved ones in that crash.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Certainly sad news. Rip gentle giant.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

As a dedicated Lakers fan, I watched him play from from the start of his career through retirement.
He was an amazing player, but a hard player to get along with. What separated him from many of the other stars was his work ethic and determination.

It’s a very sad ending to such an inspirational leader to many of our young athletes out our there. And then to hear his daughter was on board as well is tragic.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the families of all victims aboard. Very unfortunate.

Makes me cherish family, friends and life itself so much more. You never know when your number will be called. Just have to always make sure you are prepared living life to the fullest without regrets.

RIP to Kobe, his daughter and the other victims aboard.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

He was not only a legend of basketball, but a dedicated family man, that’s what made Kobe so great. And what a tragedy for his wife who also lost one of her daughters. Why do these things always happen to the best people?

RIP Kobe, Gianna and all the other victims of this awful tragedy
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Obviously this didn't happen to me in any way, shape, or form, but like many I am really struggling thinking about his wife.... losing your husband and daughter at the same time.... the pain of it takes my breath away and it's not my pain. I frantically search the news every few hours to make sure she's still with us and hasn't nope'd right out of this life.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago Obviously this didn't happen to me in any way, shape, or form, but like many I am really struggling thinking about his wife.... losing your husband and daughter at the same time.... the pain of it takes my breath away and it's not my pain. I frantically search the news every few hours to make sure she's still with us and hasn't nope'd right out of this life.
I’ve been thinking the same thing. If I lost my kids or Collyn I would have no will or desire to live. 💔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

The only solace is that she still has 3 daughters to live for. But nothing will ever take away that awful pain, it’s heartbreaking.

I’ve heard that another family on board were a father, daughter and mother trio. They left 2 other girls behind. I cannot fathom losing your parents and you sister all in one tragic accident. That’s absolutely horrific.