Crying over a shot glass

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Crying over a shot glass

Post by Stormy Peak »

Sounds like a lyric in a country western song, uh. :P

So, last night, I opened a bottle of alcohol I bought last week.
"Bootlegger Jack, Alcatraz Sour Apple, 12% alcohol"
It's a pretty shade of green. :D

I'm not much of a drinker, but about 3 or 4 times a year, I'll have a drink at night to help me go to sleep. Usually I use my hydrocodone for that...to ease my pain down enough so I can sleep. But sometimes, my pain isn't enough that I really want to use even half of a hydro, but I'm still uncomfortable enough that I can't go to sleep. So, I'll use alcohol to do the trick...it makes me really sleepy in like 10 minutes. But if I can't fall to sleep with 1 serving (4 ounces of wine, or shot of whiskey)...it's no use to drink more, as I don't get that sleepy feeling after that.

Anyway, I got out a shot glass, and poured one serving into a small juice glass, then I added 4 shots of non-alcohol carbonated apple cider to the glass. I wasn't sure if I could handle it straight...the booze that is, not the apple cider ;)
It worked, I drank it and went to sleep pretty quick.

But then this morning, I was in the kitchen cleaning... and I went to move a vitamin bottle, and bumped it into that shot glass, and it fell and rolled off the counter and broke. :|

When my dad died in 1994, he had 2 shot glasses and I took them as none of my siblings wanted them. I use one of them to hold toothpicks...and the other I used for drinks. That was the one that was broken...and geesh, I never ever in my life thought I would feel such hurt over a broken glass. My dad had those 2 shot glasses since the 1960's and he said he bought them in an antique store...there are these air bubbles in the glass and the glass itself is kind of distorted...as if the thickness changes ever so slightly in various ares of the side of the glass.

I hate it when I lose little mementoes like that. : (
I guess if I had been thinking... I should have years ago just bought a couple of cheap shot glasses and used them and put the two I got from dad up on a shelf and never used them.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Crying over a shot glass

Post by Rochelle Bos »

That’s heartbreaking! I’m glad you still have 1 ❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Cream sherry is my drink of choice.

I drink it using a 2 oz. shot glass.

Mainly to keep track of how much I consume.

That glass belonged to my Dad as well!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago Cream sherry is my drink of choice.

I drink it using a 2 oz. shot glass.

Mainly to keep track of how much I consume.

That glass belonged to my Dad as well!
The shot glasses I have... had... are 1 oz...and were probably hand blown rather than factory made. I don't drink a lot of alcohol, and usually it has to be on the sweet side. I've tried dry wines, don't like them...and don't care for the taste of beer either. But I will take whiskey and use Coca Cola to dilute it. It also doesn't take much to make me feel woozy - my dad use to say I could get hit with a wet bar rag and it would make me drunk. :P

I have one 4 ounce wine glass, and those 1 ounce shot glasses so I know how much I'm actually drinking.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000