Lavender Laddie

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Lavender Laddie

Post by Joe Bengston »

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/15704376/

My family used to own this horse. they also either had or still have a farm but likely not as many horses or race as much. I can't remember the name of the farm but someone on here once told me they knew my family and said they were nice people. I'm trying to find that person again but also share at least the website. I can't get the article I used to be able to read it at least. but now I'd have to sign up for a subscription.

Indiana Pa or around that area is where my family owned/owns standardbreds. I put this in off topic as this article isn't of current real life racing, so it if needs to be moved it can be.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Re: Lavender Laddie

Post by Joe Bengston »

"THAT WAS a real tragedy when Blaine Wood's blue-ribbon trotter, Lavender Laddie, died Sept. 1, at a veterinary hospital in Philadelphia. Lavender Laddie, who piled up $82,000 in purses.in less than two years of racing, set the track record this summer at Northfield Park,-Ohio. The previous record there had been held by Bret Hanover, one of the great harness racers of all time. Wood raises horses at his Shadyside Farm near Elderton"

'that was from the article I guess I could still read some of it, didn't realize it. but that's the farm and names of my relatives.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.