A recall on the recall

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dawn Palka
Miler

A recall on the recall

Post by Dawn Palka »

About three years ago, I had to take my car (Rachel Alexandra) to the dealership to get the airbag replaced. One of many caught up in the whole airbag recall. Fast forward to this year when I get another recall notice...for the same thing. :o I've never heard of a recall for a recall, but reading through the letter, I got the impression that Recall #1 was a temporary thing and that this current recall was the real thing. Kind of like when the dentist tells you that your need a crown and he gives you a temporary one until the real one is ready. Luckily none of this cost me anything.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: A recall on the recall

Post by Cleo Patra »

Is this for the Takata airbags? The same thing is happening with a lot of cars in Australia too
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Yes it is. I did not realize this was an international recall. :shock:
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Think there are 53 million vehicles eligible at the moment.

Think some of the managment have been speaking hot air :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I dont get it. Is your car named Rachel Alexandra?
When I google Rachel Alexandra I just pics of a racehorse.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 4 years ago I dont get it. Is your car named Rachel Alexandra?
When I google Rachel Alexandra I just pics of a racehorse.

I bought the car in the summer of 2009, when Rachel was kicking everyone's butt. And I am a fan of hers.
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

So I waited for close to four years to get my replacement airbags and they never had them in stock. I would get a letter saying they were there, I’d call, they wouldn’t have them still. Their advice was to have no one ride in the front seat, it’s a family car and no one should ride in the front seat due to the possibility of shards of metal flying out of the airbag. Wouldn’t that hurt me, the driver, too? I mean I can’t drive my car from the backseat.

I finally gave up and bought a different car. Upgrad3d from a 2007 Ford Edge to a 2013 Toyota Highlander. Love it! I don’t go for random lockup slides across the ice anymore. I haven’t gotten stuck in a 3” snow bank, it’s been great! Also, no recall on the airbags!

Four months after I traded it in I got the call they were in stock. I may have gone off a bit on them about it. The mechanic said he was taking his wife out car shopping soon and would probably get a highlander also. It was a ford mechanic.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Noel Collins wrote: 4 years ago So I waited for close to four years to get my replacement airbags and they never had them in stock. I would get a letter saying they were there, I’d call, they wouldn’t have them still. Their advice was to have no one ride in the front seat, it’s a family car and no one should ride in the front seat due to the possibility of shards of metal flying out of the airbag. Wouldn’t that hurt me, the driver, too? I mean I can’t drive my car from the backseat.

I finally gave up and bought a different car. Upgrad3d from a 2007 Ford Edge to a 2013 Toyota Highlander. Love it! I don’t go for random lockup slides across the ice anymore. I haven’t gotten stuck in a 3” snow bank, it’s been great! Also, no recall on the airbags!

Four months after I traded it in I got the call they were in stock. I may have gone off a bit on them about it. The mechanic said he was taking his wife out car shopping soon and would probably get a highlander also. It was a ford mechanic.
I love the story Noel. I’m glad you got something you’re happy with!
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

I had the ultimate recall a few weeks ago. A medicine I have been taking twice a day for over 40 years was recalled because it might cause cancer. Ummm you just now figured that out?
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

Great....sounds like I need to check into my Pilots airbags...again😖