The Artists of Simhorseracing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

The Artists of Simhorseracing

Post by Sara Julin »

Hi all, Sara here ^^
I just came up with an idea, what if the artists of the game share our art in this thread?
Would that be interesting?
We could post work in progress, finished pieces and anything art related, Does that sound like a fun idea? :)

But let's start with a presentation of us artists.
My name is Sara and I am a professional artist. I have worked as a full time artist since 2012 when I started to work
as a comic artist for a horse magazine in Sweden. Today I am a comic- and game artist and book illustrator ^^
I started working for Simhorseracing as an artist back in 2017, but have played the game since 2008. I've been here a
long time even if my skills in the game is lacking a lot, I haven't given up, because I love this game and the realistic
aspect of it! : D
I draw in Photoshop CC and uses a Wacom Cintiq 22HD drawing tablet.

Some of my art in the game : )
Image Image Image Image

and... but not for the Sims xD
Last edited by Sara Julin 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: The Artists of Simhorseracing

Post by Nena Olson »

I can do so! I dont know if I have the attention span to do a video LOL as I am like a squirrel on crack and cant focus on one thing for too long (aka why it takes me hours upon hours instead of like an hour LOL) but I can do a step by step :D
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I can do so! I dont know if I have the attention span to do a video LOL as I am like a squirrel on crack and cant focus on one thing for too long (aka why it takes me hours upon hours instead of like an hour LOL) but I can do a step by step :D
Oh yes, step by step! Do it, Nena : D
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Legion of Dreams is one of my absolute all time favourite headshots. You (and all the other artists) do fantastic work!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago Legion of Dreams is one of my absolute all time favourite headshots. You (and all the other artists) do fantastic work!
Oh, gosh... Thank you so very much, Cleo :3 <3
I too became very fond of Legion of Dreams portrait ^^ I had lots of fun with the blinkers and the shadow roll.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Well since Sara introduced herself, I thought I should do the same though a good chunk of you already know me LOL

My name is Nena Olson (my SIM name anyway) and I have been a member of the SIM community since September 2006. I started really focusing on my digital drawing in 2006/2007. In July 2014, I was asked to join the SIM Artist team and I was OVER THE MOON. In RL, I went to school for graphic design and currently work in Marketing! It's been interesting watching my art develop from the first headshot I ever did (Portrait of Death) until now.

I use Adobe Photoshop 2020 and my Wacom Intuos Pro tablet. I do have an XP-Pen Artist 16 but... I don't like that I have to unplug one of my monitors to use it so.. I don't LOL. I also have an iPad 2018 that I use with procreate but not for SIM headshots :)

If you are curious, I design all the trophies, new characters, icons, silks, other random pieces of art that The Steward may need (I am at her beck and call heh) and I also do headshots LOL. Yes, I drew Spencer... you are welcome ;)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Because I have been asked in the past to show how I do headshots, here is a step-by-step (well layer by layer, really) of my most recent headshot, She's Is All That :D

You can find most of my work here: https://www.deviantart.com/eclipsedsky though, mind you, I created this 13 years ago so some of it is very old LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Oooh, I love to see work in progress :D Very nice work, Nena!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

This is a fun thread! Thanks for starting Sara.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Anthony L Carder
Miler

Post by Anthony L Carder »

Very cool work guys! Also, thanks for the headshot for Haven's Cab it is awesome!
000 ALC Ranch~conveniently located next to Cimarron Park~

Haven's Cab-Appy Sprinter-$5,000
Alc Shark On Fire-TB DS-$12,500
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Since Nena did it, I got inspired and needed to do it too ^^ This is my drawing process : D
For this portrait I got to use one of my own photo's as a reference ^^
(a sneak peak here, since Sweet Starlight's portrait has not been added to the game yet).
I needed to remove the forelock, because I remembered SS was suppose to have blinkers. I totally forgot that (until I remembered it) xD

Last edited by Sara Julin 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Anthony L Carder wrote: 4 years ago Very cool work guys! Also, thanks for the headshot for Haven's Cab it is awesome!
I am so glad to hear you like it, Anthony ^^D
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

You guys are amazing! 😍
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I love seeing other artists step by steps or speed paintings. It is amazing to me how similar yet different artists are! Thanks for sharing, Sara :D
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Wow!!!! Love all your work guys and I’m already very impressed with Sweet Starlight’s headshot Sara! Truly an awesome artist!
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)