The Artists of Simhorseracing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: The Artists of Simhorseracing

Post by The Steward »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago
Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I DID IT. omg it was SO hard not to get sidetracked LOL!

Speed Paint time :D This headshot hasn't been posted yet so there is that LOL

https://youtu.be/k6pgOT6K-zM
Wanna make me a work playlist? Cause I could just play the music from this in the background all day!

Love watching all the different processes!
I can definitely 😂 I do listen to the same songs when I draw so it would be easy to do 😉
I ended up shazaming/buying the songs in her video ha
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago I DID IT. omg it was SO hard not to get sidetracked LOL!

Speed Paint time :D This headshot hasn't been posted yet so there is that LOL

https://youtu.be/k6pgOT6K-zM
Oooh! Good job, Nena! Very nice video :D
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

New speed painting video for you guys ^^
This time it is for Gold Knight's portrait, and how I made it ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHvsX3fks1U
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Another lovely headshot! Thank you for sharing, Sara!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Sara Julin wrote: 4 years ago
Most often it is Em who decides and sends us (the artists) a reference with a pose to work from.
And sometimes (at least for me, I can't speak for the others) I get free reins and get to choose a pose myself ^^
I haven't ordered that many headshots yet, and I Always wondered how far you could go with your suggestions/ wishes, or how helpful those would be? Other than requesting a specific pattern on a browband once I have never sent any descriptions of what I'd like the headshot to look like or anything. Could you theoretically send a reference pic? Would a description be helpful or actually hinder you a bit in your work? Would be curious to hear About that when/ if I ever get another horse that's headshot-worthy :D

Anyway, loved Looking behind the Scenes a bit in this thread, and hope you all Keep up the great work!

Lisa
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 4 years ago
Sara Julin wrote: 4 years ago
Most often it is Em who decides and sends us (the artists) a reference with a pose to work from.
And sometimes (at least for me, I can't speak for the others) I get free reins and get to choose a pose myself ^^
I haven't ordered that many headshots yet, and I Always wondered how far you could go with your suggestions/ wishes, or how helpful those would be? Other than requesting a specific pattern on a browband once I have never sent any descriptions of what I'd like the headshot to look like or anything. Could you theoretically send a reference pic? Would a description be helpful or actually hinder you a bit in your work? Would be curious to hear About that when/ if I ever get another horse that's headshot-worthy :D

Anyway, loved Looking behind the Scenes a bit in this thread, and hope you all Keep up the great work!

Lisa
You can send a reference pic if you SWEAR YOU TOOK THE PHOTO and you haven't stolen it from someone else.

Special requests, like I want my horse to have THIS pose, or have THIS extra thing, etc, all cost 3,000 GPs. :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kassidy
Sprinter

Post by Kassidy »

I really like it when people talk about their individual horse, their disposition and how they see the horse in their head, and tell me their story, because then i can represent their attitude in the drawing.
Its extremely helpful for me but not many people do it.
SIM Headshot artist
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Maybe there should be an extra box to fill out when ordering a headshot (and an extra tick box for the extra 3k GPs) which allows you to give those extra notes? I think some people either didn’t know that was an option or they find it too much trouble to write a separate message to the Steward.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Kassidy wrote: 4 years ago I really like it when people talk about their individual horse, their disposition and how they see the horse in their head, and tell me their story, because then i can represent their attitude in the drawing.
Its extremely helpful for me but not many people do it.
Unless we request a specific artist to do our horse we never know which artist is assigned to our horse.
Kassidy
Sprinter

Post by Kassidy »

The making of Foretold, a freehand by Kassidy

SIM Headshot artist
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Your first outline of Foretold would be about what my final outline of a horse would look like if I tried to draw one...lol.
It's interesting to see how the finer details get worked in with the last 2 images. I think a lot of people who draw might have just stopped at adding more detail around the 2nd image on that bottom row.
As I mentioned in the headshot's thread, I love how she turned out. : )

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into posting this, I read about the issues you had in the headshots thread.

All the artists here are amazing.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kassidy
Sprinter

Post by Kassidy »

Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago Your first outline of Foretold would be about what my final outline of a horse would look like if I tried to draw one...lol.
It's interesting to see how the finer details get worked in with the last 2 images. I think a lot of people who draw might have just stopped at adding more detail around the 2nd image on that bottom row.
As I mentioned in the headshot's thread, I love how she turned out. : )

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into posting this, I read about the issues you had in the headshots thread.

All the artists here are amazing.

Stormy

Thank you Stormy, Im so glad you enjoy her!
SIM Headshot artist
Kassidy
Sprinter

Post by Kassidy »

The making of Enumerate is up!

https://youtu.be/qytUHLb85ms
SIM Headshot artist
Kassidy
Sprinter

Post by Kassidy »

Speedpaint of Audacity's headshot--FREEHAND :o
https://youtu.be/moz7YbAfwi4
SIM Headshot artist
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Once I stop being a sickling, I will have more motivation to post speed paints but alas, I've been a sick nonstop coughing duck LOL. Upper respiratory infections suck ya'll.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚