Feeling stuck

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Feeling stuck

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Have you ever felt Kind of stuck with your barn before? I'm sure some of you have. If so, I'd love to know how you got out of it. Did you sell most of your horses to start over? Did you just wait it out until Things got better? Invested some Money to lease good Mares?
I feel like I do have some Talent and Money in my barn, but I just can't seem to get over the hump, especially with my thoroughbreds. And the next few weeks I'll actually have some time to make changes, so any Input/ ideas woud be very welcome :)
Lisa
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Feeling stuck

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I wouldn’t say I’m feeling stuck, but this year feels off to me as well. My exciting horses have been running meh, and my stakes numbers are tragic, I’ve been meaning to compare them to previous years at this week but I’m too scared 💔

What I’ve been trying to do is raise my lower limit on who I race, and breed fewer things. So far it hasn’t been going great 😅 I feel like I lost the ability to reach one of my bigger game goals (being able to straight up buy my first pick in a stewie auction) so I feel a little lost on what my goal(s) actually are :/

I’ve put most my mares in an auction this year, hopefully that will help with my breeding addiction 😂 maybe I’ll be able to save some money and buy a stewie in the foal auction or an auction next year.

I wish I had better advice other than solidarity 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago I wish I had better advice other than solidarity 😅
Haha, Hearing how others are Feeling the same already helps, too :)
Leasing out some horses has worked well for me in the past, but with my better horses running disappointing lately I've been debating About actually selling most of them now to get a fresh start. But I'm weirdly attached to my fake ponies so I'm still unsure, lol.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I don't know if this will help, but I copied this from something Emily wrote years ago: "This tactic has helped many people stay in the game when they were overwhelmed. I implore everyone to try it: if it's a 4 year old or older maiden, goodbye. If it's a 3 year old that never hit the board at 2, goodbye. If you have a broodmare that hasn't produced a stakes horse within 3 foals, goodbye"

I get overwhelmed with my stable, but am trying to do a better job of cutting the chaff; it's still very hard for me to give up on a homebred or a foal from a stallion I stand. I have gotten better about pensioning or at least not breeding disappointing mares and taking uninspiring stallions down from stud duty.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 4 years ago I don't know if this will help, but I copied this from something Emily wrote years ago: "This tactic has helped many people stay in the game when they were overwhelmed. I implore everyone to try it: if it's a 4 year old or older maiden, goodbye. If it's a 3 year old that never hit the board at 2, goodbye. If you have a broodmare that hasn't produced a stakes horse within 3 foals, goodbye"

I get overwhelmed with my stable, but am trying to do a better job of cutting the chaff; it's still very hard for me to give up on a homebred or a foal from a stallion I stand. I have gotten better about pensioning or at least not breeding disappointing mares and taking uninspiring stallions down from stud duty.
Thank you for your Reply. I did sort out quite a bit, knowing my time/Patience would be very limited These past few weeks. And while it did reduce my numbers (and in turn the stress I felt), it didn't improve the Talent of the horses I have. So now I have more managable numbers, but also less earnings and still no good thoroughbreds. I just can't seem to figure out how to really get started there, even after 6 years of playing and it just gets frustrating, like I'm missing something but don't know what, if that makes sense.