I promise to zip it

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

I promise to zip it

Post by The Harlequins »

Gezzz Just realised how many posts i have done since starting to play the game.

Sorry for the bombardment , just a old guy finding a new point in life.

Will zip it soon for sure/

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: I promise to zip it

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Frank.........don’t zip it. Ask away :)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Let me be Frank about this?

CONTINUE being Frank!

:D
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Dwanye you are bonkers and i wish our paths had crossed in the real world.

To you and Pete .

I am a novice not only to this game ,but to online stuff in general.

I do have talents in a differant field lol

I have seen my children tapping away on the only thing that seems to matter to them the phone, everybody pretending to be somebody there not.

I posted something i should not have done ...a family photo.

I like to know who i am dealing with, your dealing with me.

Regards Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Frank, I’m an old retired guy too. Ten years ago I didn’t know how to send a text message, today I’m constantly tapping away on my phone.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Your enjoying the Sim and like to talk about it. Not one single thing wrong with it!

And how are you going to learn about the Sim or technology unless you ask or do it? Life is to short to worry about it!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Frank Chilton wrote: 4 years ago I posted something i should not have done ...a family photo.
Bah! I'm friends outside of the SIM with a lot of SIM players. We text, chat, and are on Facebook/Twitter. I'll meet up with any SIM player that's within a 4/5 hour drive of me. I've gone to officially sanctioned SIM gatherings and there are photos of SIM meetups.

Absolutely nothing wrong with sharing personal info/photos if you are comfortable with it.
There is an 8 page thread on it even! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40019

Keep on, keeping on!
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

No one is going to begrudge someone sharing their excitement of the sim or looking to learn. Your posts are a nice break from all the complaining of us old curmudgeons.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Have tried to get into going on chat a couple of times, but i am a one finger keyboard guy.

I last went on when it was festivous night,

I tried to reply to a message of Darcy , by the time i had got it up her post wasnt even on the screen, and my reply seemed like the ramblings of a madman in amonst the other post lol
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

If it makes you feel better, I don't do chat, either. Not because I'm a slow typist, but because I think in complete sentences and I like to be thoughtful about what I'm saying, as opposed to off-the-cuff. Chat feels like a rushed conversation to me, and I wouldn't want to sit down and have lunch with someone who was speaking in a hurry-up manner. And plus I'm from a generation where there wasn't any such thing as "chat speak" or URLs without spaces between words, etc., so even though chat has been around a few decades, I've still never reached a comfort level with it.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Festivus and big race nights are crazy. I average a 60-80 word per minute typing speed and I’ve been formally educated to speed read and I still struggle to keep up sometimes!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Frank Chilton wrote: 4 years ago Have tried to get into going on chat a couple of times, but i am a one finger keyboard guy.

I last went on when it was festivous night,

I tried to reply to a message of Darcy , by the time i had got it up her post wasnt even on the screen, and my reply seemed like the ramblings of a madman in amonst the other post lol
You almost have to enter into a private chat room on those occasions? If you aren't trampled to death before you get there?
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Post by Bertie Bassett »

Keep asking questions Frank. Means I don't have to.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Like Gwayne said. If you go to chat, you can specifically talk to a single person, one on one, at your own pace. Private chat. It’s been some time since I’ve gone on chat for the same reason, it’s way too fast for me too! But it can be done!

My mom always taught me that the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask, so don’t be stupid...keep asking!
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Wise words indeed from your mom Nick.

I was always told .
It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it. :lol: