A Black Mark on the Racing World

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: A Black Mark on the Racing World

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’m truly sorry Pepper, but people have been trying to beat the system since the beginning of time. It is sad when they use a horse like Maximum Security to further their endeavours. How will we know what his true abilities are without the chemicals. John Tammaro once told me that they should ban ALL drugs and then you’ll separate the horsemen from the pretenders.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I sort of expect Maximum Security will be retired after this. I want to hear Coolmore's thoughts as they bought into the horse just recently. I also am wondering what the Saudi's think. Its extremely sad and if racing doesn't severely punish those involved, they may as well nail their coffin completely closed imo.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Mara Jade Vess
Miler

Post by Mara Jade Vess »

At Stud
Chuck Tingle – DR
$7,500
Dream All Day – DR
$12,500

Coming Soon
Y59: Sunrise inthe Dawn – AWR
Y60: Faded Memory – DR

A Complete Historical Guide to the Louisville Derby
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/d ... PU.twitter
Apr. 3: Four days after winning the Golden Shaheen in Dubai, an intercepted call between Navarro and Zulueta details how Navarro allegedly doped X Y Jet in the weeks leading up to, and even on the day of, the race: “I gave it to him through 50 injections. I gave it to him through the mouth.”
This is unfathomable. That poor horse.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

And then he died of a heart attack this year. :( OMG
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

At the risk of sounding cynical and like a smart-a**; Anyone who is shocked and surprised by this hasn't really worked in the industry. Be it racing or breeding/yearlings. It is a tough and crooked racket. I have known MANY small time trainers who are absolutely brilliant horseman who end up breaking the rules. Why? Because they say that in order to beat the big boys you need to play the game by their rules. (But don't think that I believe all big-time trainers are cheating, but many are). If you don't win you don't get clients and you can pack up and go home. And its not justs about the drugs, but the "plugging-in" before a race, lying to owners about their horses etc, etc. I absolutely love racing and I miss it like you can't imagine. BUT, I definitely do not miss this garbage.
Just my two cents worth.
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago You people act like horse racing has never had anything like this happen before! Dancer’s Image comes to mind, lol. How naive can you get?

Ok, I’ll shut up now I’ve had my chuckle of the day.
You're telling us this has happened before?

Shocking! Simply shocking! :o
I was being facetious ;)
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Are any of us surprised? No, not really. The big thing we should all be worried about is how mainstream this is going and the impact that we'd see if the racing industry doesn't throw the book at them. This is the first big scandal where I've had an f-ton of people who aren't into racing sending me messages asking if I've seen it (duh of course I have) because racing's been in the news a lot more with all the Santa Anita press. Doping happens all the time but as far as I remember this is the first time I've seen people getting federal indictments over it.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I hate cheats, but I hate animal abusers a LOT more. We recently finally got rid of an absolute tosser of a trainer in my state who was giving horses meth and cocaine. For two YEARS we had to put up with losing prize money to this cheating waste of air while they put together a strong enough case to keep him out of the game. I personally lost thousands of dollars. However, I can handle that. Why I wanted to murder the guy was the horses. They’d leave his stable, go through withdrawal and look like starvation cases just two weeks after their last start. And one broke down and died in a race and the jockey got a fractured spine and HOW DARE this trainer do that to a horse and an apprentice jockey.

So I hope they slap these guys with everything the law has available, especially animal cruelty charges.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

I knew a trainer who though a mean horse was a good racehorse, he used tp beat on them. Only thing it did was made them unruly nutters on and off the track. His win percentage was crap, imagine that. That will be hard to police, can’t test for abuse.
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago I hate cheats, but I hate animal abusers a LOT more. We recently finally got rid of an absolute tosser of a trainer in my state who was giving horses meth and cocaine. For two YEARS we had to put up with losing prize money to this cheating waste of air while they put together a strong enough case to keep him out of the game. I personally lost thousands of dollars. However, I can handle that. Why I wanted to murder the guy was the horses. They’d leave his stable, go through withdrawal and look like starvation cases just two weeks after their last start. And one broke down and died in a race and the jockey got a fractured spine and HOW DARE this trainer do that to a horse and an apprentice jockey.

So I hope they slap these guys with everything the law has available, especially animal cruelty charges.
What really gets me is how are the vets helping?! Isn’t it LITERALLY their job to keep the horses healthy and safe?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago I hate cheats, but I hate animal abusers a LOT more. We recently finally got rid of an absolute tosser of a trainer in my state who was giving horses meth and cocaine. For two YEARS we had to put up with losing prize money to this cheating waste of air while they put together a strong enough case to keep him out of the game. I personally lost thousands of dollars. However, I can handle that. Why I wanted to murder the guy was the horses. They’d leave his stable, go through withdrawal and look like starvation cases just two weeks after their last start. And one broke down and died in a race and the jockey got a fractured spine and HOW DARE this trainer do that to a horse and an apprentice jockey.

What really gets me is how are the vets helping?! Isn’t it LITERALLY their job to keep the horses healthy and safe?
Their motivation is to make money. Some are REALLY crooked.
-Chad Brown
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Dr. Hacklu, time to man up and confront your colleagues! :oops:
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

He's a complainer, but I don't think he is on the take.😉
-Chad Brown
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

I guess Country House really did win the Kentucky Derby. :?