Grateful

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Grateful

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

George Knatz wrote: 4 years ago The cancellation of March Madness will cripple my hometown. If they cancel the NFL draft also, it will take years for Vegas to recover.
Vegas will be fine :)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

I have an auto immune decease that i take auto immune suppresant drugs for...I also own a Driving Service that i drive people to the airports...I am not taking on any more jobs just honoring the clients that i already have booked.....I am thinking about wrapping up the passengers in shrink wrap and throwing them in the Trunk and have their suitcase up front with me....
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Arthur Cutler wrote: 4 years ago I have an auto immune decease that i take auto immune suppresant drugs for...I also own a Driving Service that i drive people to the airports...I am not taking on any more jobs just honoring the clients that i already have booked.....I am thinking about wrapping up the passengers in shrink wrap and throwing them in the Trunk and have their suitcase up front with me....
The virus is able to survive for days on surfaces, such as suitcases. More good news, huh?
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I think a lot of people know I live with my 90 yr old Dad and take care of him. I worry about the Coronavirus hitting him. My daughter, who lives with us, is a CNA at the really good nursing home down the road from us, and I am scared to death she may accidentally bring it home to Dad. They have not had any cases yet, and she is very careful and follows all protocol, but I still worry about it.

It's nuts here. You can not buy dried beans, dog food, fresh meat or much of anything else. No laundry soap; no cleaning supplies. Today at work the owner sent out an email and asked the person(s) who are stealing the toilet paper to step forward if they wanted to keep their job. Are you kidding me? We are a small, privately owned company and have a couple of boxes of TP, Paper towels, etc for the few bathrooms we have, and people are stealing it?
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

The school I teach at started spring break today. The students were told they will not be coming back until April 5th and even then most of us have our doubts. It was 110% the right call, but it was also kind of bitter sweet saying good bye to my students today not knowing if I'll ever see some of them again. And some of them are absolutely devastated particularly the seniors that had their sports cancelled and already were running out of time with their friends only to have it cut even shorter. Again not saying it was the wrong thing to do I actually would have been furious had we not done this but also is hard on those affected. And can't even begin to imagine those who are worrying about paychecks they depend on, or kids that are no longer getting school meals they depend on, or parents who now have kids who won't be in school but are still expected to go to work. We're going to have some trying times ahead.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I've thought several times today how refreshing it is to have this, the SIM, a fairly major part of my life, so far completely unaffected by all this.

I work for a small family business in a fairly small town. We hid the extra toilet paper today...
This area relies heavily on tourism so I imagine it'll be a lean summer.

I'm overwhelmed by the constant barrage of news right now, but also fascinated by how fast the situation is changing and evolving. It's horrible and scary and not fun, but this is history in the making.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I went to the grocery store today to do my normal weekly grocery run. OMG what is wrong with people????? There was not one roll of toilet paper, no paper towels and no cases of water. Saw people with 4-5 loaves of bread, piles of can goods, piles of frozen meals in their carts. It legit looked like people are expecting the end of the world.

But some things never change... Wal mart still only had 4 lanes open.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago I went to the grocery store today to do my normal weekly grocery run. OMG what is wrong with people????? There was not one roll of toilet paper, no paper towels and no cases of water. Saw people with 4-5 loaves of bread, piles of can goods, piles of frozen meals in their carts. It legit looked like people are expecting the end of the world.

But some things never change... Wal mart still only had 4 lanes open.
I'll only panic if I run out of Fritos!
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

My wife and I have been making a carefully considered list of what we would need on hand if we were to "shelter in place" either because it was the prudent thing to do or because one or both of us tests positive. No hoarding, just an extra case of water, or 24 more rolls of toilet paper, some canned goods, frozen foods...about $100 bucks worth altogether. Things are still relatively calm here, so far.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Frank Chilton wrote: 4 years ago They are selling toilet rolls on e bay in the U.K. for over 20 pound.

I am Looking for second hand ones :lol:
SIM players look out for one another, Frank!

Check your mailbox regularly!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago The school I teach at started spring break today. The students were told they will not be coming back until April 5th and even then most of us have our doubts. It was 110% the right call, but it was also kind of bitter sweet saying good bye to my students today not knowing if I'll ever see some of them again. And some of them are absolutely devastated particularly the seniors that had their sports cancelled and already were running out of time with their friends only to have it cut even shorter. Again not saying it was the wrong thing to do I actually would have been furious had we not done this but also is hard on those affected. And can't even begin to imagine those who are worrying about paychecks they depend on, or kids that are no longer getting school meals they depend on, or parents who now have kids who won't be in school but are still expected to go to work. We're going to have some trying times ahead.
Today was the end of spring break for our area (south of Houston). All the IDS's are now closed for an extra 1-6 weeks, the colleges too. And I too wondered how it would affect the kids, especially the Seniors. And wondered about how all the parents with school age kids would handle it (the ones with kids to young to leave at home alone). And what if the daycares all close? Such a sad mess.

I am very grateful for the SIM!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Steve Leavitt wrote: 4 years ago My wife and I have been making a carefully considered list of what we would need on hand if we were to "shelter in place" either because it was the prudent thing to do or because one or both of us tests positive. No hoarding, just an extra case of water, or 24 more rolls of toilet paper, some canned goods, frozen foods...about $100 bucks worth altogether. Things are still relatively calm here, so far.
Well, Steve, here is the chance to start up a bit of a black market for SIMsters! Kidding aside, I am glad it is not too crazy where you are yet.
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Late breaking news tonight. The Clovis Unified School District is suspending classes, as are Fresno Unified and Central Unified. THIS will now trigger panic buying. I'll need to go to the store tonight before word gets around. The meeting that decided this was held AFTER the 6 PM news, so it's not generally known yet. They had another week or so before their spring break, but now they're stopping classes and currently plan to start again at the end of spring break, which I THINK is April 14th (at least for Clovis), as the 13th is already listed as a school holiday for the district.
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Schools are still open here in Vegas. However they have asked my wife to come up with on line work in case they have to close. Luckily I retired this year.
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

The panic buying had already begun. Parking lot was overflowing and I rolled down my window to hear angry voices yelling somewhere in the lot and decided I didn't need to put up with any of that and had everything I need for the next 7-10 days. You'd think everyone was prepping for doomsday. They don't seem to realize that ALL of the products they normally buy will still be there UNLESS people panic and buy 800 rolls of toilet paper and 1,000 bottles of water...EACH! I'll go back out to the store in about five days when things have had a chance to cool down and see if it still looks the same.