Grateful

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Grateful

Post by Gwayne's World »

Steve Leavitt wrote: 4 years ago The panic buying had already begun. Parking lot was overflowing and I rolled down my window to hear angry voices yelling somewhere in the lot and decided I didn't need to put up with any of that and had everything I need for the next 7-10 days. You'd think everyone was prepping for doomsday. They don't seem to realize that ALL of the products they normally buy will still be there UNLESS people panic and buy 800 rolls of toilet paper and 1,000 bottles of water...EACH! I'll go back out to the store in about five days when things have had a chance to cool down and see if it still looks the same.
You have heard about the woman, a while back, who called 911 when McDonald's ran out of chicken nuggets?

Insanity never goes out of style!
Last edited by Gwayne's World 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

"You have heard about the woman a while back who called 911 when McDonald's ran out of chicken nuggets?

Insanity never goes out of style!"

That really is insane. I'd never call 911 unless McDonald's was out of ice cream.
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

I stopped at a local grocery store after work. Beating the nutso rush. Tp, water, hand sanitizer, and rice. Gone. Not a crumb left lmao. Fortunately I keep that stuff stocked for at least a couple months.
When I left there was a line of people outside the store going around the corner of the building waiting to enter. Like old school black friday. Buncha overreacting goofballs. It took 30 mins to get out of the parking lot. I've never seen anything like it.
Anyway I'm all stocked on everything like usual.
I cant wait to see the e-bay sales in a couple months of people trying to offload there 5 year supply of tp.

Obviously hcv isn't going away anytime soon. In about 3 to 4 weeks things should be real interesting. But the fear of people running out of tp is hilarious.
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

If things get real crazy I'll just get a bidet installed.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

In 2009, the Swine Flu pandemic was far worse than this!

The media didn't give it nearly the wall to wall coverage this is getting!

I wonder why, hmm?

No public hysteria then!
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

This is definitely an interesting time. We were completely out of tp at home and I had to go to the store to get some and couldn’t find any! I had to go two counties over near my parents till I found some. My job has not issued any statement or closures yet. They just closed all schools here in PA for 2 weeks. I’m fascinated how they come up with this arbitrary date, like is this all just going to go away in 2 weeks or by the end of the month?

I have a cruise booked on Royal Caribbean April 16th. So far they’ve cancelled all sailings through April 10 and Baltimore has closed the port until the end of March. Pretty sure we aren’t going. Last year a crane fell on our ship before we sailed and we got future cruise credit, we used that to book this one and looks like we will have to get another future cruise credit lol what a racket.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Post by Bertie Bassett »

I feel very sorry for all of you with vacations booked over spring break. We are in England at the moment, we fly back to Canada on monday, and although we live in a very rural area we still have to self isolate for 14 days. Luckily we grow all of our own veggies and raise meat birds so we have a good supply of frozen meat and frozen and canned veggies. As for toilet paper our nearest costco is a 1 1/2 hour drive away so my wife always stocks up when we are there and she assures me we have more than enough to cover the 14 days of isolation. Our daughter emailed as last night and told us that all schools in New Brunswick have been closed for the next 14 days.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

When i was young we used to cut newspaper up into 8in squares , make a hole in the top left hand corner and hang off a piece of string. lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Post by Bertie Bassett »

Frank Chilton wrote: 4 years ago When i was young we used to cut newspaper up into 8in squares , make a hole in the top left hand corner and hang off a piece of string. lol
Most British kids of our generation will remember that Frank. But if my memory serves me well, the newspaper was softer than the toilet paper back then. :D
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Bertie, it stopped the girls wrapping half a roll around there hand :o
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

I am changing my will, to specify, who is to receive any toilet paper I may leave behind!
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

pmsl. incontinence pants please
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Steve Leavitt wrote: 4 years ago "You have heard about the woman a while back who called 911 when McDonald's ran out of chicken nuggets?

Insanity never goes out of style!"

That really is insane. I'd never call 911 unless McDonald's was out of ice cream.
Hahah that’s all the time here! Seems their ice cream machines are always broken 🙄
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Almost with a wow feeling I shipped my runners through Europe this week, half expecting everything to be closed... 💜
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Hope they dont show symtoms at trial park tomorrow Ma lol lol