UK on lockdown

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: UK on lockdown

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The live race call today on the Alaska claimers was phenomenal!!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago
Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago The issue in the States is that people are not taking it seriously. Just enjoying their time off at work going to get togethers, taking the WHOLE family to the stores etc. I sat in the parking lot the other day at the grocery store and watched 5-6 cars pull up and go in with husband, wife, kids (who looked 9-10yrs old) like it was nothing. I am an emergency dispatcher for an ambulance and security company so needless to say we are on high alert. But I have a co worker who keeps complaining that she can't go out to the bar and shoot pool....Like are you even serious??? Same co worker has her grown daughter and grand kids living with her and she came to work Sunday telling us they all went to a friends crawfish boil the day before. Again..are you even serious?
A girl I know decided that because she was home anyway (ya know, 'working from home') she could do it by taking a cheap trip to Hawaii spur of the moment. So she posted photos of her hanging out on the beach with people there, etc. I don't know why she couldn't just buy the tickets and schedule them for the fall or winter.
WOW. What an idiot. My company has made it very clear that if we(or anyone in our household) go on mass transit of any kind we will have to go on a 14 day quarantine! We are also not to go anywhere with big crowds of any kind. Since we are in direct contact with our paramedics they are treating us the same and they are NOT playing around.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Just 'virus' news in general here...not involving the lock downs.

I just read that Arnold Schwarzenegger just donated $1 Million Dollars to a 'GoFundMe' site that was set up by some businesses to raise money to help get needed medical supplies to those in the medical profession who are in danger of having to deal with people who have, or may have the virus. The aim is to get needed masks, suits, gloves and other things needed by the medical personal.

So far the site has raised $3 Million dollars.

Arnold's worth is around $400 million... well, $399 million now.

---------
Also, btw... earlier today I was spraying some Easy Off on a drip pan from my counter top oven that caught a few drippings from a piece of Pollock I cooked on a sheet of foil last night. Fish smells great and tastes great when it's being cooked but I don't want the smell in other foods, so the whole counter top oven was getting cleaned.

Anyway, I wasn't quick enough to get away from the Easy Off fumes, and coughing I walked to my back door which was opened, and I opened the screen door and stood on the porch coughing and getting some clean air into my lungs. I heard my neighbor yell something at me...and I looked over and said "What?"
She said... "Are you Sick! Are you going to get tested?"
I laughed and told her 'No, I wasn't sick, and that I just accidentally got some Easy Off fumes down my wind pipe'.

I *think* she believed me...but I also think she threw a hex sign at me to ward of evil.... :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

I’m in the biggest metro area of Minnesota. Today at lunch a normally overcrowded area was beautifully empty. My commute is half what it normally is. We have gotten takeout a couple times at local places but I limit it to just me going in. We also are not going as a family to places. I have two kids and the hubby. I take one with to guard the cart. If it’s possible to shop without a cart we dont take one. I went to Walmart once and will not be going back. It was crazy crowded and just felt bad. Too many panicking people who dragged their whole dang family with. Mom, dad, grandparents, all the kids, running everywhere and touching everything. Luckily I bought toilet paper before this all started. I also spent a lot of time growing up with two depression era grammas and a thrifty mom. I keep my pantry well stocked. If it’s on sale,I stock up. This has served me well. The quarter cow I bought in December has too.

My oldest came back for spring break the week before all the schools started to close. Her work closed up too so she stayed here. Due to a horrible roommate situation her cat came too. He has been living in my youngest girls bedroom for three weeks now. He doesn’t like other cats or dogs, he will fight em and not stop. Our cat is also not other cat friendly(thinks he is a dog that hates cats). It’s not going so badly. Omg I have missed having this kid around, honestly hoping the state closes school for another week or three for her so she can just stay here. My other daughter already is in online schooling.

My cubicle at work is a 20’ x 60’ workspace that I don’t share. My coat hook is a life size crouching spiderman wearing safety glasses, my coworkers and I all maintain a pretty massive safe zone from each other. Five judge mental llamas or so apart. My companion during work is whatever audio book I have going. Usually loudly to cover up the guy on the other side of the racking listening to doomsday podcasts. I miss our temps that got laid off at the start of this, I hope to see them back. My hubby is a school janitor so he said they pretty much clean and clean and clean. No kids, not many teachers, lunch ladies are making to go meals for kiddos. Pretty dang quiet.

As a family we isolate as much as possible. My mom is five hours away and mid radiation. No visiting. We talk a bunch each day and all of got there to see her a week before this. We aren’t big video chatters but have been putting her on speaker through the car audio system as we drive around endlessly teaching my oldest to drive (she got her permit right as this started). We’ve gotten 20 hours in so far at least. I have shoddy lungs so I’m closely monitoring how I feel. My rescue inhaler is close at hand.