UK on lockdown

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

UK on lockdown

Post by Carole Hanson »

So you can expect us all Brits to be absolutely ace at this game for at least the next 3 weeks ;)

On a serious note though, this has happened too late. My friend works for the NHS and she says that staff are starting to drop like flies, some of them getting seriously ill. This 'herd immunity' thing they tried last week was nonsense and we'll pay the price for that now. Glad it has finally happened though, just wish they would have acted quicker.

Stay safe everyone!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: UK on lockdown

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Sorry to hear that, but that isn't surprising. I think a lot of places are going to wish they acted quicker. Stay safe!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I am so sorry to hear that, Carole.

They are now talking about placing Houston, Texas on Shelter in Place for non-essential businesses. I think this in particular, is going to be a really bad week. Stay safe!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Boris Johnson looks very similar to Donald Trump hahaha
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Boris Johnson looks very similar to Donald Trump hahaha
Eerily so 👀
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Wisconsin is on lockdown as of tomorrow, as well
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Toronto is on lock down. And there’s still stupid people getting together, scary.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

This 2 meter distance thing is not working well.

Went to Tesco yesterday the queue for the till was outside but there were only 8 in the queue lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Michigan started lockdown today, will last at least 3 weeks. Time to spend the next 3 weeks at the barn and home with my puppies. Hope the pups are ready for endless walks/jogs
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Rafa Usoz
Classic Contender

Post by Rafa Usoz »

Here in Spain we are on the second week. I am working, we are food enterprise, but everyone is at home and still increasing the deads.
Think will need many time for this to end......
Quilombo - Turf Sprinter 35.000 $
Nations Pride- Turf Sprinter/AW Sprinter 35.000 $
Rajselam - Turf Sprinter 25.000 $
Quiebro - Turf Sprinter 19.000 $
Sahabudeen - Arabian Sprinter 35.000 $
Soussyy - Arabian Router 35.000 $
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I feel for you Rafa,only yesterday the BBC said Spain had 6,000 cases in 1 day.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

Most states in the u.s. are within the 30 day non essential business closings. But there are a few bad actors that refuse to take the welfare of the vulnerable seriously.
Because of this the idea of nationwide martial law with everybody being quarantined to there homes, activating each states national guard to help first responders dole out grocery and medical supplies. This current conversation is for a 4 month period lasting until mid July.
So for those out there not taking this seriously it would behoove them to start or we'll all be quarantined.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

The issue in the States is that people are not taking it seriously. Just enjoying their time off at work going to get togethers, taking the WHOLE family to the stores etc. I sat in the parking lot the other day at the grocery store and watched 5-6 cars pull up and go in with husband, wife, kids (who looked 9-10yrs old) like it was nothing. I am an emergency dispatcher for an ambulance and security company so needless to say we are on high alert. But I have a co worker who keeps complaining that she can't go out to the bar and shoot pool....Like are you even serious??? Same co worker has her grown daughter and grand kids living with her and she came to work Sunday telling us they all went to a friends crawfish boil the day before. Again..are you even serious?
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago The issue in the States is that people are not taking it seriously. Just enjoying their time off at work going to get togethers, taking the WHOLE family to the stores etc. I sat in the parking lot the other day at the grocery store and watched 5-6 cars pull up and go in with husband, wife, kids (who looked 9-10yrs old) like it was nothing. I am an emergency dispatcher for an ambulance and security company so needless to say we are on high alert. But I have a co worker who keeps complaining that she can't go out to the bar and shoot pool....Like are you even serious??? Same co worker has her grown daughter and grand kids living with her and she came to work Sunday telling us they all went to a friends crawfish boil the day before. Again..are you even serious?
That is a big problem everywhere.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago The issue in the States is that people are not taking it seriously. Just enjoying their time off at work going to get togethers, taking the WHOLE family to the stores etc. I sat in the parking lot the other day at the grocery store and watched 5-6 cars pull up and go in with husband, wife, kids (who looked 9-10yrs old) like it was nothing. I am an emergency dispatcher for an ambulance and security company so needless to say we are on high alert. But I have a co worker who keeps complaining that she can't go out to the bar and shoot pool....Like are you even serious??? Same co worker has her grown daughter and grand kids living with her and she came to work Sunday telling us they all went to a friends crawfish boil the day before. Again..are you even serious?
A girl I know decided that because she was home anyway (ya know, 'working from home') she could do it by taking a cheap trip to Hawaii spur of the moment. So she posted photos of her hanging out on the beach with people there, etc. I don't know why she couldn't just buy the tickets and schedule them for the fall or winter.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚