Weather Report

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Weather Report

Post by Gwayne's World »

A beautiful sunny summer day in April, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Sunshine and temps in the low 80's.

Almost makes you forget about the virus and politics surrounding it :)

Disclaimer: I'm a little bored!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Weather Report

Post by Carole Hanson »

Beautiful weather in England today too. Apparently there will be highs of 20C tomorrow where I live!

All I have to say is, thank God I have a garden!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The high today is suppose to get around 69F (17C) the sun is shining, so it looks warm, but there is a breeze coming off the snow covered mountain peaks that surround the valley and it's quite chilly. Usually, the valley doesn't get a lot of wind, and the breezes are sporadic, rarely steady and usually it's a gentle breeze. About the only time we getting a stiff wind is during an actual storm.

The dogs are loving the weather. Both AU and Jaya have been outside most of the day, sleeping in the sun. Two weeks ago we had a day like this and my sister and I spent some time pooper scooping the yard. ugh. I hadn't done it since the snow fell deep in mid-October. Two 75 pound dogs, each pooping about twice a day....so that's like 720 or so piles of poo we cleaned up....I keep swearing the next dog I get is going to be a 10 pound Mexican Hairless. Both Jaya and AU are also due to be blowing their coats in another few weeks as the weather warms. lol.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Stormy is AU gold coloured lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

It was a great day here in Lincoln, definitely was awesome to be outside!
yeah
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Frank Chilton wrote: 4 years ago Stormy is AU gold coloured lol
Yep. :D

He's a Golden Retriever and as you guessed, his name is from the table of elements, gold = Au -- I capped it just because I thought it looked nicer on a dog tag...lol. It also sounds a lot like 'Hey You' so a lot of people think I'm just saying that, or saying it with a bit of an accent like someone from Australia might do.

This is AU : )

He's staring at himself in a frozen puddle

I sleep in my recliner, due to my bad back. The sofa is arm to arm with the recliner...and this is what I wake up to most mornings as I turn my head to the left.

I got AU after I put another Golden Retriever to sleep when he got cancer. I named him HaHa because he was so funny...he was mentally handicapped which made him such a goofy guy....best dog I ever had, he's been gone for 4 years now and it still hurts quite a bit when I think about him.

This is my favorite photo of HaHa. : )

AU is quite funny as well, I got him just because of HaHa. HaHa sold me on the golden breed, they are just great dogs in general.

EDIT TO ADD:
This is a short clip, about 18 seconds long. AU is cleaning Jaya's ears. Usually it's the other way around, Jaya usually takes care of AU, like he was her puppy and cleans his ears and his back. I'm glad Jaya was able to bond with both HaHa and AU...she had such a horrible first 5 years of life that she deserves all the serenity she can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgvvVO1 ... e=youtu.be

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

So, for about 4 days in a row, our highs were in the low 70 degree range (21C) - I turned off my propane wall heater Saturday morning. By 5pm Saturday afternoon, the temps dropped, the winds picked up...got stronger and we soon had a full blown blizzard going on. I ended up lighting the heater again about 3 in the morning, when I got cold under my blankets.

The high today is suppose to get around 33F (2C) the low tonight is suppose to get down to around 18F (-8C)

Idaho's spring will last until the end of May....only the brave will put in their gardens before Memorial Day (the last week of May) or they risk a hard frost or (even a late snow) killing the plants.

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

After a beautiful week, we are battening down the hatches for potentially severe weather today and tonight- the forecasters expect heavy rain, high winds and there is the possibilities of tornadoes. I hate tornadoes, but I would rather face extreme weather during daylight hours than at night.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago A beautiful sunny summer day in April, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Sunshine and temps in the low 80's.

Almost makes you forget about the virus and politics surrounding it :)

Disclaimer: I'm a little bored!
A mere four days later, the temp is hovering around the freezing mark. With a mention of snow in the forecast? Not to worry though, when have 'experts' been proven right about much lately?
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

We are supposed to get a snow storm tonight. Good thing I have nowhere to go LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

It was t-shirt and shorts weather this time last week, snowed Thursday and Friday, torrential rain today and gale force winds tonight! Hurray for spring.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1uaw3WIOlc

Warning: One bleepable word used!